The Politics Thread | Page 85 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

I have to say I am getting increasingly angry about the treatment of the so called "Windrush Generation"

We invite them over here to fill a labour shortage , they endure vile racist abuse and poor treatment yet have made a vital contribution to this country .

Now it transpires that some of the are being denied pension rights , a cancer sufferer has been refused treatment , some have been detained , and others threatened with deportation all because their paperwork wasn't done properly when they first came over.

I really am ashamed of this country at times.

The whole thing is a shambles and at least from what I watched yesterday/this morning this has been known about for years and successive Govs have blind eyed it in the hope they didn't take the blame.

If you don't sort it out...you're to blame!

Corbyn wastes an afternoon in Parliament and the Gov win the symbolic vote by a majority of 61 if I've just heard correctly.

Well played Jezza proving what a leader you are again and categorically not out for your own interests.

The Home Office destroyed thousands of landing card slips recording Windrush immigrants’ arrival dates in the UK, despite staff warnings that the move would make it harder to check the records of older Caribbean-born residents experiencing residency difficulties.

A former Home Office employee said the records, stored in the basement of a government tower block, were a vital resource for case workers when they were asked to find information about someone’s arrival date in the UK from the West Indies – usually when the individual was struggling to resolve immigration status problems.

Now, why would the Home Office go and do a silly thing like that?

https://goo.gl/hPRcVA

Jezza makes it two for two...May slaps him in PMQ's by claiming the cards were destroyed under Labour - he has no answer and quickly moves onto another point.

Is May improving or is Corbyn now being shown up for the unprepared rent a gob he is and just getting that bad she looks good?

Jesus Democracy is buggered.

:hmmm:

Calls are intensifying for Theresa May to sack ministers over the Windrush scandal after old footage of the PM emerged in which she demanded resignations over Labour immigration failings.

In the 2004 BBC Question Time clip, May laid into Tony Blair’s administration, claiming they had “lost control” and she was “sick and tired” of ministers “not taking responsibility”.

Thank goodness she's not letting that happen on her watch.

https://goo.gl/1kSM5y

Had the Tories round the other day, I said I couldn't vote for them but I'd read their leaflet, which I did. I found it a bit vague.

Had Labour yesterday, nice lady, I said with those two at the top of the party, I could not give them my vote. She (rightly) pointed out this was council elections, I said I understood but nevertheless, the party top to bottom backed the IRA sympathisers and fans of Hisbola and I can't sanction that or have either of them crowing on political programs about Labour gains. I did say I'd read the leaflet though, which I did. I thought the Tories one was vague, this one was rank amateur.

No one will get my vote. It's a sad state of affairs.