The Politics Thread | Page 84 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

Has anyone read any of Jordan Peterson's work or watched any of his U Tube features? A lot of his stuff is a bit on the right wing of the political spectrum and he has become a bit of a cult figure for the alt-right. His lectures are usually packed out. He certainly engages his audiences and some of his ideas are disturbingly logical. His demolition of Channel Four's Cathy Newman was something to behold. An accomplished interrogator reduced to a 14 second silence while she groped for a response isn't something you see every day.

Has anyone read any of Jordan Peterson's work or watched any of his U Tube features? A lot of his stuff is a bit on the right wing of the political spectrum and he has become a bit of a cult figure for the alt-right. His lectures are usually packed out. He certainly engages his audiences and some of his ideas are disturbingly logical. His demolition of Channel Four's Cathy Newman was something to behold. An accomplished interrogator reduced to a 14 second silence while she groped for a response isn't something you see every day.

I've seen a bit of his stuff on YouTube. He's an interesting guy. I think he's a bit bemused by his status with the alt-right. He's a university professor.

I see everyone in London got stabbed last night because the Tories took all the money from the Police and gave it to rich bankers. Nice one, Teresa.

I was online talking to one of the right wing sites, last night, and every single poster blamed Muslims. When I pointed out that no Muslims were involved, they either quoted the Sun or Daily Mail, or got abusive.

Nice people that Trump has voting for him.

Yes, I have been watching a lot of his stuff over the past few months, he's an interesting guy to say the least. I find very little of what he says disagreeable. It's just logic and fact.

I've watched that Cathy Newman debate numerous times and it is enthralling. He absolutely destroys her and her agenda. In fact he has been destroying most people he debates with.

What I like most about him is the way he has put his finger on the mob mentality and identity politics we have today. The way his lectures have been disrupted by the 'SJWs' is disgraceful. I hate them with a passion.

He certainly cuts through the cant and posturing of those who take offence at the slightest hint that their opinions can be challenged.
A very thought provoking philosopher. If he went into politics I wonder what his platform would be.

That’s a relief,

That’s a relief, imagine if it wasn’t Novichok after the western world backed us

Aye, but still doesn't mean the Russians actually did it, just that they made it.

I'm not suggesting the UK government are responsible. But it would be very interesting if it turned out not to be the Russians.

Aye, but still doesn't mean the Russians actually did it, just that they made it.

I'm not suggesting the UK government are responsible. But it would be very interesting if it turned out not to be the Russians.

No I’m with you and am equally sceptical until it is proven. It would be one of the biggest own goals in history if the Russians can prove it wasn’t them. I was surprised at how quickly we came to the conclusion it was the ruskies. It does appear that if there is good evidence, Corbyn isn’t privy to that info whereas trump, macron and co are more knowledgeable.

Whether it was or wasn't Russia, I just really don't get the end game either.

I saw a suggestion that before an election Putin will knock a few off as a show of power, I guess it’s one way to ensure you get 70% of the votes. Apparently some Russians seem to like it, and he is a popular leader.

Although the ruble has crashed once again so even tougher for the average Russian.

That was my first guess given the election, but unless there's a reverse psychology going on 'wanting' to be blamed there are other ways of doing it surely.

And certainly ways where it can't so obviously be tracked back.

That was my first guess given the election, but unless there's a reverse psychology going on 'wanting' to be blamed there are other ways of doing it surely.

And certainly ways where it can't so obviously be tracked back.

I assumed they wanted everyone to know it was them?

That doesn't make sense to me BB given the tailspin they've got the US in. It's counterproductive to 'poke' the West of the world at the moment.

I see Jeremy Hunt accidentally forgot he and his wife had bought millions of pounds worth of property, and accidentally forgot to declare it in his interests and to Companies House.

He rectified his 'honest' mistake 5 months later, so it's all good.

piggy.jpg