The Politics Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

That actually wouldn't work for some on this forum because you'd take the bloody wife wouldn't you you savages! lol

Makesomegreat points Mikey baby its is hard to know what to believe in todays bs society media ain't it, but i am always in two minds tbh when i hear something like this, and i know what your saying about the way things are going to get tougher etc just hope families are the least hit and the most vulnrable ay,

In this bs world we live in as long as we can keep a roof over our kids heads and food on the table and we have the chance to go and get work nobody can complain, but i just wished we would stand up to cuts on the weak old and vulnrabble as none of us know when we will need help i have learned

It's easy mate, you don't just read the red tops and the bias, you read other sources.

You then find the middle ground on truth.

And stop calling me baby, you make me horny! lol

The only thing that will change is a full on civil riot and I don't mean arseholes wanting trainers, or TVs I mean a concerted effort for change.

Can we afford that, could I take a month off from earning no. Could you? No. We're tied to the system so we can bitch all we want but can we change from the outside? No, not enough care, because they have commitments.

Can we change it from the inside, we'll fucking try.

But to get, after Labour's spend to get votes, somebody has to get it into order and it's why the Tories are hated. My family has suffered everytime they have been in power, but if Labour really cared the Tories wouldn't have to.

I'd break Cameron's nose for using my money to weed his frontgarden, wisteria, he's a fucking millionaire - I don't have those zeroes even if I write them on the fucking prick.

But we keep spending £3 for every £1 we make? That's Labours idea.

No chance.

I'd blow the whole lot of them up (I said UP!) if I had the balls or the inclination, we wouldn't miss them. Career politicians who care more about their money than doing the job they apparently want to do....wankers one and all.

Any politician who thinks it's a career should be fucked off on day one. And that's all we've got now. No life experience, no business experience, they've just put up with previous ministers bitch fit, and wannabee media moguls spin and they have no clue about real life.

I am no doubt wrong, as not every MP took the piss on expenses or takes the piss now, and some no doubt really do want to make life better, but the only democracy I see is giving them a choice of my left fist or fist, and for those I really don't like, my left arse cheek or right arse cheek.

Like it or not, we need to suck it up because of Labour, and that alone is why Wallace shouldn't get into power. Tories are doing what we need however wrongly. It's like the Villa, same effect but with a better brain to the now not the future lol

And yes I feel dirty saying that.

mike_field - 27/9/2013 03:22

It's easy mate, you don't just read the red tops and the bias, you read other sources.

You then find the middle ground on truth.

And stop calling me baby, you make me horny! lol

The only thing that will change is a full on civil riot and I don't mean arseholes wanting trainers, or TVs I mean a concerted effort for change.

Can we afford that, could I take a month off from earning no. Could you? No. We're tied to the system so we can bitch all we want but can we change from the outside? No, not enough care, because they have commitments.

Can we change it from the inside, we'll fucking try.

But to get, after Labour's spend to get votes, somebody has to get it into order and it's why the Tories are hated. My family has suffered everytime they have been in power, but if Labour really cared the Tories wouldn't have to.

I'd break Cameron's nose for using my money to weed his frontgarden, wisteria, he's a fucking millionaire - I don't have those zeroes even if I write them on the fucking prick.

But we keep spending £3 for every £1 we make? That's Labours idea.

No chance.

I'd blow the whole lot of them up (I said UP!) if I had the balls or the inclination, we wouldn't miss them. Career politicians who care more about their money than doing the job they apparently want to do....wankers one and all.

Any politician who thinks it's a career should be fucked off on day one. And that's all we've got now. No life experience, no business experience, they've just put up with previous ministers bitch fit, and wannabee media moguls spin and they have no clue about real life.

I am no doubt wrong, as not every MP took the piss on expenses or takes the piss now, and some no doubt really do want to make life better, but the only democracy I see is giving them a choice of my left fist or fist, and for those I really don't like, my left arse cheek or right arse cheek.

Like it or not, we need to suck it up because of Labour, and that alone is why Wallace shouldn't get into power. Tories are doing what we need however wrongly. It's like the Villa, same effect but with a better brain to the now not the future lol

And yes I feel dirty saying that.

Feckin Wallace :19:

Mikey ybab this post is genius ffs i would vote you in like a shot (i wrote shit until i realised lol) you are right we have to make sacrifices reminds me of Villa us bithcing and moaning and the cutbacks carry on regardless lol

Thats the priblem isn't we are plugged right into this system and nobody these days sticks together anyway ats more me me me socirty, im ok so feck the rest, which cuts our own noses off in the end,

All we can do is hope the big depression does not kick in fully i hope, we know it is going to get a lot harder but just how bad is my concern, the feckin bankers

Green Tea - 27/9/2013 01:03

As for Blair ruining education - I agree. The idea was there in that more needed to be done but all Labour did was increase administration, tests and the like. The outcome is the Britain we see today - no jobs, no ideas just more depression amongst kids and no hope. School has become no fun - the arts, plays, music all trimmed down in favour of academic subjects. Which in turn has and will produce more kids with no communication or social skills.

As someone who is still in education and finished secondary school 3 years ago il shed some light

They teach to the test. The topics are boring and uninspiring. science I find fascinating it's all boring equations and theory. The teachers don't engage the class they just stand at the front talking. One business teacher was brilliant although I didn't like her because she always picked on me, probably trying to push me on, she made the boring theory into practical lessons and it showed us how rather than just being told this is what happens. The subjects are boring like a whole year of English in year 9 about a Shakespeare play, my mum loves literature and is a librarian and she hadn't even heard of it!! Put me off Shakespeare for life. Gcse English was nearly all about poems which is fair enough but it was so overkill. Maths is all algebra rather than helpful maths with piss poor teaching which didn't explain a thing all year.

The gcse tests are too easy. Firstly any multiple choice exam should be scrapped at that age. I got 95% on a 70 minute exam that I finished in 20 minutes in my first year of gcse that was multiple choice. They have foundation which is for the less clever pupils that's a lot easier but the highest grade is a C, I did one once (only because I didn't want to go to maths) I hadn't even started the module yet and had 0 lessons on the subject and I'm not sure why I was entered for it and I got 100%.

The next problem is pointless gcse and gcse equivalents. B tecs which are 100% coursework, piss about for a year and a half and do work in the final 6 months and get an A, although it's so easy you get 2 or even 3 A's because of all the extra modules you can do without even breaking a sweat. My school is from a less well off area so they do all they can to boost it's statistics so they promote these easy subjects. I rewrote my cv for this summer and honestly I was embarrassed by half of my school qualifications, not because the grades were bad (I got about 15 a*-b) but because the subjects were shit. 2 A's in travel and tourism, 3 A's in ict, a B in a terrible course called ASDAN

And the schools want to boost their statistics/ that's all they care about 5 a-c. Once they reckon someone can get a C they stop caring. They give them bullshit qualifications like b tecs etc instead if really trying to help them out for the future.

One thing that should be promoted is PE. Kids are getting fatter and if promotes communication and a lot of over things but it was relegated to only 3 hours over 2 weeks.

As for youth unemployment; it's shit, blame Osborne for that the financial crisis happened a good few years ago now and there's no improvement for young people.
Uni fees have gone up putting a lot of people off, I regret going to Uni sometimes when I look at my 14k debt after 1 year of 25 school weeks of less than 10 hours a week.
Apprenticeships are bullshit as well, it's almost slave labour the government are happy because it makes there statistics look good but I know people working in shops earning £2 an hour because they are doing an "apprenticeship" as soon as they get the qualification their hours get reduced but they have no other option. An apprenticeship should not refer to any shop or office job.

Forgive me but university is free until the day that you start to earn over a certain amount, and then you only pay a percentage of your 'loan' depending on income.So the only way anybody would ever pay the full amount back is to actually earn a very healthy income. The loan is wiped after 30 years. If people are aware of the facts it shouldn't put anyone off.
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/students/student-loans-tuition-fees-changes

Question Time was mildly entertaining last night! Will Self talking about Red Ed as Wallace...!

mike_field - 27/9/2013 01:53

It's no more a part of the religion than it is in yours believing that a multi translated book written after the fact, with no author source, have I mentioned twisted to suit the ruling authority is.

Stop being pious and being a Daily Fail muppet because you think your true text is any different to theirs.

They are carbon bloody copies with different names to suit the culture you are trying to attract.

You either take the good and the morals, or you don't. Maybe if the Bible hadn't proven to be such a good way of controlling people, other religions that are younger wouldn't have copied?

God tells you to keep quiet whilst I finger you....the Bible talks about Sodom and Gomorrah, smiting babies, raping daughters? That's all God's work but you really say there's a difference?

Give over. All religion teaches intolerance of another, one true God? Get it?

The vast, vast, vast, majority are sensible enough to know their relationship with whatever God they believe in is personal, they observe some customs, but their tie is personal, they live their lives, do their best, help others and a small minority a very small minority are as abhorrant to those of a so called similar faith as they are to those who don't share that faith.

Your beliefs puts you in the Westboro camp mate. I don't believe you are, but if you are going to stereotype others by association why shouldn't I you?

Do you get the point I'm making?

Give me a child until 7. That's a Catholic mantra.

I do however more than agree with your second submission on education in terms of Bliar. But disagree, school should be about preparing free thought as much as vocational qualifications and skills so whilst there is a degree of arts of arty farty crap in their, the academic stuff should never have been text book it should be practical use.

Sadly we get none these days, kids are encouraged to be creative, whilst being expected to not apply anything scientific or mathematic, just know the text book by rote even though that never transpires to real life.

NI - I saw that before you edited, you shouldn't have pulled that because it kind of got us back on track lol

Poor post mike and completely out of context of what we are talking about. Its basically a ridicule of my own beliefs than a positive post on what politics and the country can do to counteract terrorism.

Lets leave me out of it and discuss terrorism and the future of Britain and our children shall we? I am by no means taking a moral high ground here and if for one minute any of my thoughts came over as killing other people I would seek immediate help.

If banning all religion in schools and banning all faith schools is a way this country can eliminate religious attacks on others - I would back it!

What has education taught us over the years? = To respect others!

There was a time we used to drown women thinking they were witches...What are the extremists doing now? Its no different, they are killing on a belief.

The whole middle East basically thinks the West is Evil = the Devil. They live this way, just as we onced lived the way thinking it was ok to drown women. - Yet we got educated and found the foresight to understand it was wrong.

Education is the way to world peace, Never will you find it using the sword!

No, sorry.

I started this as a politics thread. Not another religious thread.

Cease.

Thank you.

:14:

A lot of sense in that David, but unemployment is falling and Uni intake is back to the normal levels despite the hike in tuition fees mate.

Once the Students and Libs stopped bleating about it, those who wanted to go are still going because despite the PR the deal now is very fair and people have seen that.

Green it was deliberately out of context. You are picking up the extremes and applying it generally, that's all I did back. Is it a fair reflection, no, and you see that, so surely you take the point that yours isn't a fair reflection either.

One crack at the end of QT did make me laugh about institutionalised Islamaphobia as all the MP's referred to the extremists as Moslem extremeists in Kenya.

I think the irony they were in fact self announced Moslem extremists was lost on the PC point she was trying to make. It's no different to your belief that anti democracy is taught in Mosques or other other non CoE/Catholic places of worship.

And just as bizarre a claim as saying all Priests should be locked up.

Keeping it political to save JF's remaining hair, Wurzel's post above about tuition fees the Tories failed to explain it that clearly, the Libs didn't help with all their we don't want to do this BS and Labour picked up on the tiniest thing that would get a reaction...paying more for poor poor students.

Focus on something that garners an emotion to miss the point completely.

That's all politics is, and you can see it week in week out on QT where they don't actually say anything they are just tying to play to the crowd because people fall for it.

Look at the crowd, every show they applaud contradictory points one after another. They are applauding the soundbyte not what's behind it.

They do fall for it. Agreed.

I don't always agree with will self but I do quite enjoy watching him pour scorn. He always looks so bored!!!!

Not watched this week yet, that sometimes has a gem or two, although I switched it off last week when Jodie Marsh was the guest!

£25k debt my eldest has from 4 years studying and 3 uni. He doesn't start paying it back until he reaches a wage of £21k which won't be for a few years. He is on £17k now due to go up to £18k in December.

My eldest was 'fortunate' though deserved to walk out of Uni into the job he wanted, with no wait to use his degree. He told us recently everything he learned at Uni is completely useless as it is a total re-learnign process of everything again as he was taught nothing he can use now in his job.

The company who employed him were aware of that as all will be in the field. I suppose it is not in every area this is the case however certainly is in the I.T industry of which he is working as a junior software designer & website programmer.

Seems crazy he has to pay all that back for a degree which didn't teach him anything he needed for the work place however I suppose there is method in that, that he has shown he has the aptitude and ability to learn and study

My problem with Self is he moans about 'their' agendas, and then pays no notice to his own. I thought he was shown up brilliantly by Gove to be honest.

Like most of his ilk, they always start well making clear, concise and important points, but they can't help slip into their own dogma.

But yeah, the crowd are possibly the best bit on QT now as it's no longer a serious (was it ever, was I just younger?) political discussion.

"We need to stop invading countries for oil - applause"

"I think everybody agrees we were right to intervene in Libya - applause"

"I think the problems in Syria could be helped by military intervention to help save lives - applause"

In many shows I'm not sure who takes the piss more, the MP's bleating party politics and lying or the crowd who seriously behave like they are mentally damaged because they clearly don't have a point, they just applaud like seals when somebody says something mildly funny or they feel if they don't applaud it might make them look dumb.

Don't bother with This Week mate, utter waste of an hour - again. I mentally switched off and lol like you, deleted the Marsh one. It's meant to be a show about political life, and they drag on folks like her, and the bloke who shagged Sven to talk about perceptions in life and crap like that?

Ridiculous. At least when they bring on people like Scharner, or Baddiel even, they have a political viewpoint and don't seem to just moan about their treatment ala Hugh 'I'm funny' Grant.

Correct on both points Kef. The deal for Uni became more a right of passage than anything else. I don't know a single person who went to Uni from my 'group' who actually use the qualifications they earnt - they just pissed their grants up the wall and getting laid.

The deal is better, and it's still fair to students, and I think, still too fair because very few will ever really pay it all back in full anyway - but they will pay more than under the previous system.

But it's also right to point out that like education in the main, Uni's are about passing the course, not what you learn, not what can be applied BUT had your son not had the grounding (whether appropriate or not) he couldn't have done the job anyway.

Every job on textbook to reality never matches and that's the problem. It's about remember scenario A and finding answer B when in the real world the answer to scenario A, is actually to smack the fucker, get a paperclip, put it between those two bits of inner workings that you weren't taught about, because you weren't taught to be a technician, and then it works a treat.

Education should be renamed thesedays, league table topping information. It's nothing to do with real life.

Lawyers, the last time I asked, say categorically never take GCSE or A Level law, you need the Masters.

Joiners, chippers, leckies, same goes.

We have a big drive to ICT where people are taught how to use Microsoft Office...why not just teach them to type and spell for a start?

Your reference on ICT, Dreamweaver or another WYSISYG programme would be my guess? They all are inherently great for folks like me, but serious programmers code from talent in notepad or something similar.

But it gave him a grounding, so no it's not unfair for him to pay it back. If he wanted a real introduction, work experience and apprentice route....believing a text book means you can suddenly do everything, no chance.

They never match, and never have done. Sadly still, too many people think they do.

I agree Kat, you need the badge to get the job - but not all subjects are the same and the learning process can be more extensive in the later years of education.

My gripe with the government is the education system is lacking in the earlier years - aged 5 - 16. The whole curriculum needs an over haul, the teachers need re-training and opinionated ideals abolished. There is too many fingers being pointed early in in a child's life - too many tests, judged too much. Too many kids get branded with a tag stays with them for the duration of their school life. Some of the kids on estates have little hope of breaking free from the labels they have been given - im a dog, may as well act like one! Poor kids, poor Britain....

Villa_Grizzly - 27/9/2013 22:42

Jodi March was on This Week?

Sounds like car crash television.

Yes, some issue about not wearing makeup, I just turned it off. To be fair it was near the end but ffs!

But Gove is a bigger pillock, that is the problem Mike. But yes, Self does obviously play to the gallery, he's an incredibly strange character.

As for Gove:

<iframe width="400" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/n6PRKaNVvUc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Fear - 28/9/2013 08:49

But Gove is a bigger pillock, that is the problem Mike. But yes, Self does obviously play to the gallery, he's an incredibly strange character.

Gove was doing okay until he went off on one on Education, which just revealed his inner and outer idiot.

Self was great as usual but lost everyone with his use of 'fungible', which was true and fundamental to the debate, but then he remembered that QT is an entertainment show, and did his Wallace and Gromit joke.

It went to prove that QT is not what it pretends to be and succeeds in obfuscating important issues by trivialising them.

When we read a red top or the Daily Wail, he are fully aware of the axes which are being ground (or some of us do) but the BBC's claim to be educators prevents us realising we are seeing the same old bollocks but presented by a guy with a knighthood.

This series so far they are also taking far less opinions from the audience because the panel won't shut up for two minutes to listen