The Politics Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

OnMeHeadFred - 26/9/2013 09:26

The Daily Mail are in a bit of quandary.

They seem to think that a private company threatening to put the county's lights out if they don't get what they want is quite reasonable but thought rather differently when the miners threatened to do the same.

These companies have made a direct threat to sabotage the UK economy.

It is the first duty of the government to defend the country against such threats and Cameron should respond accordingly.

Don't we stil have sovereign laws on the books - untouched and unable to be touched by the twats in Europe, that if the private company strikes in effect because of not making enough profit, we can temporarily at least nationalise in the countries interests...I know they are meant for war time use and are left over from those days of our fun with the Germans, but I never thought they were that tight that it had to be war time specifically, they could be enacted without question if the country was simply at risk?

Not saying it would be a good idea mind you.

Get rid of the bloody green tax and subsidies, and they should never have been privatised as they are too important - but they did need improving.

Shareholders can suck it up, they aren't guaranteed a return and they know that, I'm not sure why the country should pay because they think they are untouchable....and that should apply to the ridiculous wages and bonuses aswell.

Daily Fail contradict themselves on the same page, I doubt they've noticed the irony you point out.

It's up to the customer to shop around surely?

It's the same all companies now who want to consider themselves social utilities like banks. How do you shop around when they all basically charge the same.

Market led competition was never meant to be a choice of which company name you prefer, it was meant to be about having choice to lower prices, and that choice forced companies to be efficient, waste less, cut costs and pass that onto the consumer.

All we have these days are android or apple. British Gas + a few or Npower etc etc....you pay the same effectively regardless. And whilst moving you might save 200 across the course of the year, but of course after you move, prices tend to go up so you end up no better off and is £10 a month really worth the hassle?

That's what the bank on (no pun intended) it ain't worth the effort. So that's not competition, that's a closed shop where they each benefit for a period of time from increased customers during parts of the year by staggering price increases.

Self 'doesn't believe that' despite just accusing the entire panel of saying we should spend more on anti terror when only one of them - a non MP did.

But she can't have a moral highground about her kid dying in an act of terror, but apparently he can be and we should leave our input as foreign aid which ironically ends up funding them? Hey ho.

The problem is that prices/taxes will rise if you want better security to counteract terrorism. Its ok sitting on the panel and saying we need this, we need that BUT it ALL costs money..We all pay!

And the money paid on such security has no guarantees either - terrorism can happen anywhere at anytime, we have been fighting it for decades and still failed. As for Labour wanting money spent on people to visit mosques ensuring that radicalism isnt being taught - again more costs and the guys working with these communities and within the mosques are all in the same club house anyway - its just thanks for ££££.

The money needs to spent on education, which is what Tony Blair stated - but under his government it wasnt spent on the front line. Instead it was wasted on red tape and administration.

Doesn't have to go hand in hand, the security services have so much wastage we could make savings and still improve.

There are also a number of guarantees that comes with such security service work, to believe otherwise is niave, but you certainly don't expect it to be published by the Sun permanently because they are still active enquires even if one is scuppered.

The problem is, it's polarising. You have those who believe it's all bullshit, you have those who believe we should give up every liberty.

The middle ground isn't quite as scary, or sensationalised, so it never gets covered.

Bliar ruined education.

Mosques also aren't the centre of radical teaching, it's naïve to think this countries minorities welcome the shit they suffer in the name of arseholes they can't stand either.

We joke often enough on here about Jimmy Saville being an honorary Catholic Priest...but really, despite the word of God, the vast majority of Catholics wouldn't have turned the other cheek, they'd have fucking impaled it had they know but it was the people in power.

And I don't the lowly cleric or the caretaker in Mosque's really holds private sessions as much as the press would have us believe.

What next Catholic Church's all run weird Sunday Schools? Gospels choirs teach horticulture? Temples genital mutilation via household implements?

Where does the prejudice end, and common sense cease to be applied?

And I don't the lowly cleric or the caretaker in Mosque's really holds private sessions as much as the press would have us believe.
---

It dosnt work like that mike. The hatred is a part of the religion itself, some muslims express it, some keep it quiet but it still harbours within.

Catholic priests from what im aware - dont commit sexual crimes in the name of religion..Im pretty sure its a self desire of the said individual.

As for Blair ruining education - I agree. The idea was there in that more needed to be done but all Labour did was increase administration, tests and the like. The outcome is the Britain we see today - no jobs, no ideas just more depression amongst kids and no hope. School has become no fun - the arts, plays, music all trimmed down in favour of academic subjects. Which in turn has and will produce more kids with no communication or social skills.

I always find the better off always back the tories and the more harder up folk back Labour, this hasn't really changed but anyone who stands up for these torie ba*tads amazes me tbh, did you see what Osbourne has lodged an appeal for?

Osbourne has lodged an appeal to the euro courts trying to stop them limiting bankers bonuses LOL how pathetic and corrupt this proves he is standing up for the bankers yeah how great is that ay?

It's no more a part of the religion than it is in yours believing that a multi translated book written after the fact, with no author source, have I mentioned twisted to suit the ruling authority is.

Stop being pious and being a Daily Fail muppet because you think your true text is any different to theirs.

They are carbon bloody copies with different names to suit the culture you are trying to attract.

You either take the good and the morals, or you don't. Maybe if the Bible hadn't proven to be such a good way of controlling people, other religions that are younger wouldn't have copied?

God tells you to keep quiet whilst I finger you....the Bible talks about Sodom and Gomorrah, smiting babies, raping daughters? That's all God's work but you really say there's a difference?

Give over. All religion teaches intolerance of another, one true God? Get it?

The vast, vast, vast, majority are sensible enough to know their relationship with whatever God they believe in is personal, they observe some customs, but their tie is personal, they live their lives, do their best, help others and a small minority a very small minority are as abhorrant to those of a so called similar faith as they are to those who don't share that faith.

Your beliefs puts you in the Westboro camp mate. I don't believe you are, but if you are going to stereotype others by association why shouldn't I you?

Do you get the point I'm making?

Give me a child until 7. That's a Catholic mantra.

I do however more than agree with your second submission on education in terms of Bliar. But disagree, school should be about preparing free thought as much as vocational qualifications and skills so whilst there is a degree of arts of arty farty crap in their, the academic stuff should never have been text book it should be practical use.

Sadly we get none these days, kids are encouraged to be creative, whilst being expected to not apply anything scientific or mathematic, just know the text book by rote even though that never transpires to real life.

NI - I saw that before you edited, you shouldn't have pulled that because it kind of got us back on track lol

Clive, I will say no more than don't read the Sun or the Daily Mail. Read what Osborne is actually arguing against and the reasons to his objections.

I agree with him, don't read the headlines and you might find out why.

Daftley very appropriate to this thread....

Sky Atlantic, it'll be repeated...watch hot coffee to see how much you can rely on social commentators and the media to deal with a court case specifically, let alone a political opinion and how it becomes political.

I agree Sun etc are fullof bs but i watched this news review yesterday on Sky News saying on there it has caused an outrage that Osbourne is backing the Bankers and even Ed Miliband has bought it up in on eof his speech's so something is in it or Sky and Red Ed are full of bs?

lol but i hate the tories anyway tbh Mike they are ruthless evil runts of a specie, thanks to there generous cutbacks my handicapt uncle who is bed ridden has MS had cancer two heart ops and tendon and muscle operations oh and he has never been able to speak clear and is blind in one eys and has a special bag to help him go to the loo well just a few things wrong with him according to the Torie policies and has to be reasses for help off the nurses my auntie used get help off thats all stopped now and my auntie is struggling big time coping apparently he must be assesed for work and if he really needs nurse help etc wtf are these people on i wonder.

Too many OBGYN's aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country!

Got to love Dubbya!

Thank fuck we don't have those arseholes in this country.

No, we don't we have a Government who decided the people said they should work together. We have Clegg who thinks he has a God given right to stay in power despite being a despised Eurotwat, and we have a labour leader who wasn't even voted into power by his party.

Then we have a beer swilling lob of Utwat.

Thank God Griffin has sweated himself into the background.

But we want more PR friendly, stage set bullshit TV debates? Hasn't this country already dropped it's own political and legal standards with lies during elections....do we really want to decide based on who is the best actor?

Has Bliar taught us nothing.

You know that war criminal? And his bunch of merry Iraq can explode in 45 minutes when they couldn't last 2 minutes tugging themselves off, let alone having the touch of a real woman? Man?

It's 2013 that's not for me to judge.

I've missed Thursdays.

And Guy Fawkes still had it right. :93:

Clive, Sky News is run and owed by the bloke who ran News of the World and whilst they weren't alone, they paid Police officers off, they hacked phones.

Really mate, come on.

Jesus.

Labour are soft on Leveson, Tories aren't and you're surprised Murdoch owned press are against the Tories?

Stop reading headlines dude, look at the subtext. News of the Screws, the Sun, Sky etc they are all owed by the same idiots as Fox News.

God the BBC aren't much better, but at least they aren't as polemic as Murdoch empire.

In short, Osbourne is objecting to a cap on bonuses because it won't address the retarded money they earn. All it will do is affect branch workers who work hard and work well as it will cut their bonuses. For the twats that caused the financial meltdown, what they get in bonuses based on performance and money made, if this goes through, it will put on their basic salary and contract so will no longer have any basis in terms of performance related pay.

They will get it, if this twat cap goes through, regardless.

That's what he's objecting to, because it's not a fix. It doesn't change behaviour. IT punishes though on the frontline who bloody deserve their bonuses for putting up with our anger about their gambling wankers of colleagues.

What the arseholes abroad are doing, is feathering their own nests again, because no doubt Junior has just entered the banking world as an investment ******, sorry banker, and daddy wants him to earn.

It won't change anything with this cap.

It's a PR exercise where Europe tries to pretend it cares about the populous given they haven't been voted for, they are unaccountable, and they can do what they want at our expense and some **** thinks this will gain traction where it's considered a good idea, but it doesn't deal with the problem within the industry. And thank God our biased press have remembered ethics, and the fact they are their to report truth...

Bollocks, sorry I'm wrong. They are their to sell papers, feed shareholders and hope people don't look deeper and realise they talk as much shit as Nick Clegg.

I'm no Tory man, but I'm voting for them. The country will be far worse if the arse splinter Liberals are allowed to deal with things again, and Labour are the anti-democratic party, it's not about the will of the majority, it's about the fingers in pies for the unions.

Love or loathe, the Tories now want to do what Bliar should've done when we were on the up. Keynes is right, in times of shit you spend, in times of good, you save, Labour don't understand the very policy they seemingly wank over every night.

This country is dead if Labour get in.

If the Tories get a majority I'll suffer. I already have family members suffering, but we rally round as best we can. It's what you do.

Simples.

A country shouldn't take care of you, it should help. And it should help those who contribute. We help too many who don't.

That needs to change and I don't care how harsh that sounds.

I fell for your story mate, but you do realise most of the coalition cuts are only just coming in. What we've had so far is what Labour planned, not that they'd admit that.

We won't get the full frontal of what the Tories want to do in reality until 2015. So if you're pissed about what's happened so far, blame the right party who now lie and spin and talk bullshit.

My final comment of the night, everybody with an interest in this thread please watch Hot Coffee.

It's no surprise, but it has facts and yes a certain bias based on the writer and director and not all of it is believable but it proves completely why this country cannot allow itself to be brow beaten into the news24 theory of American politics.

Ours is disgraceful enough, we don't need to stoop to those levels and the likes of Carl Rove and other equally as talented spinners and an idiot like Dubbya.

No offence to Americans on this forum, but we founded the country, they went off like idiots many years ago, let's leave them to find their own identify and truth and not follow because of a so called 'special relationship' that they whore across the planet whenever they want something.

We are already better, let's stay so, and fuck off these scum sucking twats who hide terms.

And make a big look for Manditory Arbitration Services, (any contract with a company) if it's not brought to your direct attention in this country, it's an unfair term, and not binding under the UTCCR's.

In true English terms is relation to banks especially, never discount court and go for the FOS. Choose it properly, the FOS are staffed by people who want a job at banks, and are funded by the banks.

If you're in a dispute that clear cut with your neighbour...would you ask his wife to make a decision?