The Politics Thread | Page 330 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

According to Wikipedia, the PM's salary is £150k. That can't be right.

The highest paid CEO is the guy from AZ who got £14.5m last year.

Yep, the salary is low but it’s effectively all cash once you net off tax/NI. They all have other duties and get will bag themselves a few non-exec or advisory roles making lots more.

That AZ salary is nothing on the MD of Bet365 lot albeit a privately owned company. I think we’ve had this talk before about paying more to get better.

Just shows these politicians are often in it for the power trip, in good ways and bad.

Yep, the salary is low but it’s effectively all cash once you net off tax/NI. They all have other duties and get will bag themselves a few non-exec or advisory roles making lots more.

That AZ salary is nothing on the MD of Bet365 lot albeit a privately owned company. I think we’ve had this talk before about paying more to get better.

Just shows these politicians are often in it for the power trip, in good ways and bad.

I believe that politicians started getting a salary in the first place so that ordinary people could run for election (not just landlords).

No top people want that kind of job for £150k when they can get millions for something similar in the City.

...because it doesn't exist right. But must be true because it was on the side of a bus.

Great point above about detaching from politics for mental health reasons. I feel a lot better for it. Much better freeing up that time benefitting your own life. I've taught myself new programming languages by spending much less time on political blogs and youtube channels.

Politics is beyond saving.
i agree, nearly the same as a villa supporter, its like a drug ,a good bit of news though united lost, although they insisted they should of had 6 pens

It seems like fine lines and being in the right place at the right time. Liz Truss rolls over a few EU trade deals and in some cases makes them worse, so of course she gets a promotion. Raab and Williamson have a high profile shocker and get demoted (both justified especially Tim not nice and dim Williamson. I did think Raab was half decent, albeit the Afghanistan situation he got disastrously wrong on a few occasions, but perhaps he’s seen as too much of a threat?

Of course, Patel keeps her job just for col.