The Politics Thread | Page 315 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

Five Tory MPs breached the code of conduct by trying to influence a judge in the trial of former MP Charlie Elphicke, the Commons Standards Committee has ruled.
https://news.sky.com/story/five-tor...ke-sex-assault-trial-committee-rules-12360356

200w.gif

Fucking imbecile.

I’m convinced the whole lot of them who are in the public eye haven't really understood the legality and reality of what they signed up to, least of all Johnson.

I suspect that it's a ploy. They agree a deal with the EU. That deal has pros and cons. A few weeks later they insist that they want to renegotiate all of the cons. Then the British press goes to town on the idea that the EU are intransigent and unwilling to compromise.

The problem is that the EU are not Eton school boys. They have a lot of experience in negotiating trade deals. I suspect that if they go back to the table, Boris will come away with an even worse deal.

Labour MP Dawn Butler has been ordered to leave the Commons chamber after she refused to withdraw accusations that Boris Johnson is a liar.
Ms Butler said the prime minister had "lied to the House and the country over and over again".
Under parliamentary rules, MPs are not allowed to accuse each other of lying in the House of Commons.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57927398

Labour MP Dawn Butler has been ordered to leave the Commons chamber after she refused to withdraw accusations that Boris Johnson is a liar.
Ms Butler said the prime minister had "lied to the House and the country over and over again".
Under parliamentary rules, MPs are not allowed to accuse each other of lying in the House of Commons.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57927398

Being thrown out for telling the truth yet Bozo lies in there time after time and gets away with refusing to answer questions. That place is seriously fucked up.

Serious question, is it just me, or have the standards dropped drastically in more recent intakes.
There doesnt seem to be a month goes by without some cheating, lying, thieving, or sex scandalised MP getting themselves into trouble.

Serious question, is it just me, or have the standards dropped drastically in more recent intakes.
There doesnt seem to be a month goes by without some cheating, lying, thieving, or sex scandalised MP getting themselves into trouble.

Not sure the standards have dropped, maybe people are just more willing to report them now, as opposed to the old boys network?

Not sure the standards have dropped, maybe people are just more willing to report them now, as opposed to the old boys network?
Good, Westminster needs a clean broom through it. I listen to some of the questions and speeches and arguements that are made in that place and I have to wonder at the educational standards of some of the members.

A body representing police officers in England and Wales says it has no confidence in Home Secretary Priti Patel, amid a row over their pay.
It comes after the government said pay for officers earning over £24,000 would be frozen this year, amid Covid pressures.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57933129
Even funnier given she positions herself as one of those 'law and order' types.

Should be out capturing burglars and rapists anyway . Not worrying about their wallets.

They should be indeed… however, it’s easy for me in the private sector if I’m not getting enough to move job. Inflation is going to be a big one this year, and if you’re at the lower end of the pay grades or even mid range with big outgoings, that can be tough.

It’s a shit situation to get a pay rise (or none in this case) behind real terms for anyone. Especially as the Tory cronies have taken home contracts they haven’t delivered for the value of what the rise would cost.

Last edited:
They should be indeed… however, it’s easy for me in the private sector if I’m not getting enough to move job. Inflation is going to be a big one this year, and if you’re at the lower end of the pay grades or even mid range with big outgoings, that can be tough.

It’s a shit situation to get a pay rise (or none in this case) behind real terms for anyone. Especially as the Tory cronies have taken home contracts they haven’t delivered for the value of what the rise would cost.
This is the problem. Its OK for old sod like me. I have a few quid saved and giving me an extra 1% interest wont make any difference but if you raise the mortgage rate up 1% it could be a nightmare for some people.