The Politics Thread | Page 301 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

Because they’re playing up to white voter base, for every poor working class black child there are 9 poor working white kids. Makes me think it is all convenient politics. Which makes sense given some of the constituencies which the Tories have won

Yup. And yet more division. Keep 'us' all divided and arguing amongst ourselves, stops people looking at the ruling elite eh?!

The Tories are getting smart with their new voter base play.

I don’t disagree that the poorest white working class kids are probably the most neglected as a hunch, but the cynic in me would put this down to being a political play to steal the working class voters Labour are losing.

It’s also in complete contrast to the social claims we’re seeing about injustice especially argued by BLM and the far left.

https://news.sky.com/story/terms-su...ged-white-pupils-report-by-mps-finds-12337996
It underscores why the class dimension is very important rather than just obsessing over race.

Because they’re playing up to white voter base, for every poor working class black child there are 9 poor working white kids. Makes me think it is all convenient politics. Which makes sense given some of the constituencies which the Tories have won
This report is nothing new, the very same findings have been about for some years now.
What I do find hilarious is that when reports find ethnic minorities are doing poorly all the usual groups are up in arms.
Now however the likes of The Guardian are calling it divisive, and others racist.

It underscores why the class dimension is very important rather than just obsessing over race.

In the doing-the-right thing sense, yes. But for the Tories the division is purposeful because it’s more emotive and will be a bigger vote winner for the many working class white areas they’ve managed to swing by talking about “white working class kids” rather than “working class kids”.

The programme about Cambridge analytic fascinated me, data and stereotypes - a very powerful weapon.

But isnt this the same arguement as black lives matter and all lives matter?

Indeed, it’s more division from the other side. I’m saying it’s a clever tactic, it’s not right, but they know what they’re doing. It’ll be a vote winner for them in working class towns, especially those in densely white populated areas like deprived coastal towns.

It's absolutely an issue that has been ignored, but they are absolutely playing politics for an audience as well.

Another interesting read, but unless I've missed something, Cummings is yet to release the 'evidence' he claimed he would?
Thats right Mike he had until last Wednesday to produce the evidence from his day in front of the Commons committee and failed to do so. He is like a spoiled child that has had all his toys taken away from him and should just shut his mouth. He said Johnson was not fit to be PM, well he was the PMs most senior advisor so I would suggest that he was not to fit to do his job. Tosser.

The Queen referred to Health Secretary Matt Hancock as "poor man" at a meeting with Boris Johnson.
"I've just been talking to your secretary of state for health, poor man. He came for Privy Council," she told the prime minister.
"He's full of...", she added. "Full of beans?", offered Mr Johnson.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57584417

:hmmm:

Full of shit?

I didn’t know there was a weekly meeting between the queen and PM, if I’ve read that right. Doesn’t seem like the most constructive meeting to have that once a week, surely it just turns into a procession?

That was my first thought PMSL

Regular meetings have always happened, some PM's seemed to love them, others don't mention them.

What a coincidence!

Individuals and companies linked to the oil and gas industries have donated more than £400,000 to the Conservative party in the past year, while the government mulled controversial new licences to explore the North Sea for fossil fuel production sites, it can be revealed.

Disclosures from last July to the end of March, the latest date for which data is available, show at least £419,000 was given to the Conservatives by donors with a strong interest in oil and gas, including in the North Sea, research by the environmental investigations group DeSmog and the Guardian has found.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ve-over-400k-tories-before-north-sea-decision