The Politics Thread | Page 294 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

Cummings the virtue of truth,:ROFLMAO:

More likely to be giving a more realistic account for it now, that he doesn't have a role to lose though, as opposed to the two hapless fucks running this - we've called them out, Hancock especially, in this thread for lies before.

But yes, I do get your point as well!

Now he's got what he wanted on record, if it hasn't been Cummings leaking things - it won't be long before others behind the scenes 'off the record' back bits up.

I hate both Bozo and Cummings, but Cummings spilling this dirt is making me hate him even more rather than making me warm to him as he tries to become some whistleblowing saint.

The two together along with other incompetent cabinet ministers, was always a recipe for disaster.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone will warm to him Dan lol

Interesting that Peter Caldwell (Cummings signed off on his sacking) has basically backed him up, whilst also being critical of him..

I don't think anyone will warm to him Dan lol

Interesting that Peter Caldwell (Cummings signed off on his sacking) has basically backed him up, whilst also being critical of him..

No, he’s a truly awful, dangerous man. He has an agenda and ideologues, which don’t represent me and for an unelected bureaucrat in a relatively publicly unchallenged role, has far too much influence and power. He hasn’t got his way, and toys out of the pram.

It won’t actually make too much if a difference on Bozo. He fudged brexit and will live off vaccine bounce. He could probably make Hancock the scapegoat if he needs a get out clause, which I think he will do when the dust settles.

We've long said Hancock will eventually become the sacrificial - irrespective of his own cock ups and lies.

Given how damaging this could be, it'll be interesting to see if anyone makes a move within the next month - particularly if hospital numbers stay good.

I don’t think the general public generally give a shit unless you had a person close to you die, or you are passionate about the subject as we are in these political threads.

People just want to book their summer holidays again.

We've long said Hancock will eventually become the sacrificial - irrespective of his own cock ups and lies.

Given how damaging this could be, it'll be interesting to see if anyone makes a move within the next month - particularly if hospital numbers stay good.

Yes, Cummings covered that. Said he was advising to sack him, but the response (I forget who he said from whom, if he said) was he would be the one to take the fall at the time of the enquiry.

Cummings is laying in the boot, but to be fair, he's slated himself here as well. Not seen many/any MP's do the same.

Finding it fascinating. Shame he put such a massive black cloud over his own head with the eye test farce.

Oh, he is saying he has proof here and one would suspect, with the explosive things being said, he would blinking well need to have. He might be a lot of things (he is no doubt a lot of things) but I don't think stupid is one of them.

Oh, he is saying he has proof here and one would suspect, with the explosive things being said, he would blinking well need to have. He might be a lot of things (he is no doubt a lot of things) but I don't think stupid is one of them.

Purely covering his own back, I don't doubt he was 'collecting' things even before relationships soured.

It's what I mean, I don't like the bloke and I wouldn't trust him as far as a cannon could throw him, but on what I saw he was very credible even with the axe to grind.

Just depends on whether or not he has the nail that shifts the 1922 into action as they are already itchy anyway.

Another night of the long knives coming perhaps! Politics is a game of chess, is now the right time to make a move? Depends how this goes down in the red tops (as Dan says, most aren't passionate about politics but I would add, many do read the papers and this is an explosive subject because most of us know someone who has, at the least, been infected, all of us have been affected, and many of us know someone who has died).

For all his faults, he knows how to talk. You put Hancock of Johnson under this scrutiny and they would hang themselves.

He hasn't sharpened the knife for everyone, he didn't slate Gove and complimented Raab (we have in here as well to be fair, for at least talking normally! lol) and Sunak

Asked if he thinks he did his job to the best of his ability he answers

"I think there is no doubt whatsoever that there's many thousands of people in this country who could have done my job, much better than me. That's unarguable."

One once again has to point the finger at Johnson for that, he brought in this adviser and stuck by him.

Another night of the long knives coming perhaps! Politics is a game of chess, is now the right time to make a move? Depends how this goes down in the red tops (as Dan says, most aren't passionate about politics but I would add, many do read the papers and this is an explosive subject because most of us know someone who has, at the least, been infected, all of us have been affected, and many of us know someone who has died).

For all his faults, he knows how to talk. You put Hancock of Johnson under this scrutiny and they would hang themselves.

He hasn't sharpened the knife for everyone, he didn't slate Gove and complimented Raab (we have in here as well to be fair, for at least talking normally! lol) and Sunak

Yup plenty of praise for Vallance and a few others as well, again I sort of see how the praise fits his narrative about Bojo, but it seemed credible given the Sage rumblings we've heard before.

Again, as for timing, the next month could be all important, anyone tempted will hold fire if things spike again. If numbers don't spike, it could get interesting - particularly, as you say, if the tabloids go to town and something just gets traction.

Asked if he thinks he did his job to the best of his ability he answers

"I think there is no doubt whatsoever that there's many thousands of people in this country who could have done my job, much better than me. That's unarguable."

One once again has to point the finger at Johnson for that, he brought in this adviser and stuck by him.

A clever retort really.

i see the long knifes are out , everybody said he lied over his sick child, with the covid, and now every one thinks he is telling the truth, if there is ever an end in sight, thats the time for truth, those who play the blame game, would be better off blaming the covid spreaders, who ignored what was told to them seanie

None if the claims surprise me really . There have been plenty of tales and instances of Johnson being a chaotic , unprepared character who seems to think acting the buffoon even during a pandemic is some sort of endearing trait. Cummings only seemed to endorse that view from what I heard.

Plenty on here have called Hancock out as well , so again it is no surprise that he seems some kind of slippery , untrustworthy person who would do anything to keep his post.

The fact that Johnson employed Cummings in the first place shows a complete lack of judgement , given his reputation.

Last edited: