The Politics Thread | Page 239 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

I wonder if he is embarrassed? Genuinely? He sits there like the dunce in class, being humiliated by the teacher, not knowing the answer, slouching, dumpy and really not cool.

He looks awful, sounds awful, can't brush his hair, can't straighten his tie, his suits are scruffy and ill fitting, he is obese, he has no idea how to be statesman like.

But some of these people are pushed all their lives by their parents, and let's be honest, Stanley is one hell of a vile human being.

It looks almost sad how they roll this bloke out for interviews when he clearly wouldn't be fit to run a school pta committee, let alone a country.

I think his arrogance means that he feels no embarrassment.

Surrounded by lackeys probably telling him how great he did and what a hoot he is , when most outside of their set is laughing at him not with him.

Probably, it is the sort of thing that would have me, privately, in tears. If I used to get a title wrong, or an error in an article I'd beat myself up about it. His train wreck interviews are surely the things of nightmares for most of us?

too busy told by his wet nurse how brilliant he is perhaps, so he thinks he's brilliant.

Talking of Johnson this confirms the like father like son theory View attachment 42589

I don’t under the Johnson blood line. You’ve got a tight father and son relationship there, Stanley is very proud of Boris and I think Boris needs his father on the public stage to publicly support him and sometimes take the limelight.

You have brothers and sisters of Boris who seem much more in touch with reality. I wonder what their relationship with Stanley ya like?

The most intriguing part though, is that you have the old hypocrite Boris who has had 6 kids, who doesn’t have any contact with sons of them and must give the grown up ones no time. He appears to be an awful father, and it doesn’t seem like his dad and the grandad (Stanley) suffers about this. Grandkids to grandparents are special and can do no wrong, but that dysfunctional family seem to churn them out quicker than a pizza factory.

Its about time that tv companies were forced to dislpay the political leanings of the people and organisations they interview.
I have just listened to the CEO of the New Economics Foundation, a left wing think tank, basically hammer the government, with virtually no challenge from the Sky interviewer.
It shouldnt happen.
People should know who they are listening to.

Again, she'd have done far better to immediately hold her hands up (not wait 10 odd days) admit she cocked up, admit she panicked about family especially as she apparently doesn't have a London flat and she might have garnered some sympathy and understanding then.

Defending herself like that and playing the poor me card moves her from utter idiot to utter banned word.

Can't believe she thinks her position is tenable, no one will talk to her and I'm sure the speaker will rip into her, or ignore her when she wants to speak.

Dominic Cummings did what he did so people like her think "well if he can do it....." I suspect

Dominic Cummings did what he did so people like her think "well if he can do it....." I suspect

No excuse (and I'm sure you aren't saying it is) for an elected official. No excuse for anyone really. Diabolical behaviour from her.

Again, she'd have done far better to immediately hold her hands up (not wait 10 odd days) admit she cocked up, admit she panicked about family especially as she apparently doesn't have a London flat and she might have garnered some sympathy and understanding then.

Defending herself like that and playing the poor me card moves her from utter idiot to utter banned word.

Yes, not sure how she was meant to get home, but she needed to be honest, and find out didn't she? I wouldn't know what to do. I would try to ask!

Yup, front it out totally, say you'll take any punishment that comes your way but also admit once the initial panic was over and she was back at home she realised she should've sought advice from Parliament channels, or the SNP directly - seen if there was a fellow MP with a flat who'd let her have it for 14 days - even an MP with a spare car so she could travel back isolated - etc etc.

Behaving as she has done will stop people thinking 'I can understand her panic there' and they'll just think she didn't panic, she just didn't care.

No excuse (and I'm sure you aren't saying it is) for an elected official. No excuse for anyone really. Diabolical behaviour from her.

Your most defo different! I'm not saying there is sny excuse. It probably was if he can do it snd get away with it so can I attitude. Totally wrong.

Unfortunately there is a certain mentality who will think stuff it and won't think of the further implications of doing what he did

To sum up: as my late mom would say "two wrongs don't make a right"