The Politics Thread | Page 238 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

I agree with that, but if you increased the remuneration package I think you would still only get the same old faces in the frame, still doing a useless job, but getting paid more.

For now, probably. Imagine if MPs were on £250k, you'd see a huge surge in people wanting to run. It wouldn't take long for the useless and incompetent to be run out of the game.

For now, probably. Imagine if MPs were on £250k, you'd see a huge surge in people wanting to run. It wouldn't take long for the useless and incompetent to be run out of the game.
I know what you mean BB, but most of them are not really in it for the money - it's about protecting their own interests and their mates' interests while controlling the plebs.

The majority of the government (and opposition front bench) are independently wealthy and the MP/minister salary they draw is little more than a bit of extra pocket money.

The Bullington Club.

Entering politics for the vast majority of Tories is all about protecting and ensuring the country is managed by Tory Ideology.

They don't give a stuff about the likes of you or me, they ensure they look after themselves and their cronies.

It's no coincidence that every time we have a Conservative government the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

1708.jpg

"It is notorious for champagne-swilling, restaurant-trashing, “pleb”-taunting elitism. Now new light has been shed on the outrageous antics of the Bullingdon Club".

“Many still see each other. They have long-established networks, and they think it’s in their power to confer high office on anyone they choose. There is a bond of loyalty.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...oris-johnson-sexism-violence-bullying-culture

Last edited:
I'm surprised that so many in the UK think that they are to be admired.
Well, because most of the UK don't believe the fantasy of the left, and have to pick up the tab for their mess every time they are kicked out of power. It's not about admiration, it's about reality.

Universal basic income? It will never happen.
It probably will in all likelihood. There won't be enough jobs for people to do. It will naturally have to come at the expense of opting out of other benefits, kind of what Andrew Yang proposed.

Fucking hell, Boris is a moron.

For context given the random outburst lol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-54285497

"Putting in lagging, changing the way the windows are configured, all kinds of things - changing the boilers. You can do so much to make a home less carbon-emitting.

"The UK may sometimes be accused of lagging in some things my friends, but we will never be lagging in lagging."

Mr Johnson said the UK's greenhouse gases were 8-10% down in 2020 on previous years. But added: "The bad news is we've achieved that by sustaining an appalling economic shock in the form of coronavirus.

"The only way we've done - or we're going to do it - is as you can imagine because our planes aren't flying, our people aren't moving, our cars aren't travelling and our industry isn't producing emissions in the way that it normally would."

I dont think Johnson will still be PM come the next GE. However unless something dramatic changes in the Labour party then we will have the same dilemma that we had at the last one. They still have one member one vote and the majority of them support momentum. If Keir Starmer was to win then if not weeks but months there will be a leadership challenge and Rebecca Long Bailey will be PM. So the choice will be whoever is the tory PM is or her. Takes your pick.

I dont think Johnson will still be PM come the next GE. However unless something dramatic changes in the Labour party then we will have the same dilemma that we had at the last one. They still have one member one vote and the majority of them support momentum. If Keir Starmer was to win then if not weeks but months there will be a leadership challenge and Rebecca Long Bailey will be PM. So the choice will be whoever is the tory PM is or her. Takes your pick.

What brings you to the second conclusion? Because that is a scary outcome. Is it just Tory scaremongering or a reasonable risk?

What brings you to the second conclusion? Because that is a scary outcome. Is it just Tory scaremongering or a reasonable risk?
Nothing to do with the tories mate its the reality. They originally charged just £25 to become a member so momentum supporters joined in their thousands. Its how Corbyn became leader, its was'nt just down to the Parliamentary labour party to elect the leader it changed under Millaband and it became one member one vote. Nothing has changed since then.