The Politics Thread | Page 214 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

I really still dont know how the Labour Party allowed itself to get to a state where people in the Northeast turned to the Tory party. When did they realise that Corbyn and Abbot were the biggest stumbling block to anyone taking them seriously.

Corbyn estimated £3 million
Abott

Isn’t West Bromwich now blue as well?

Starmer needs to go through with Brexit and make it as soft as shite - similar to my posts above, if somehow he gets into power and gets a chance to influence it. If he goes against Brexit - whether he agrees or not - I think he’ll lose a lot of credibility.

But now is not the time to be exiling our closest neighbours and trying to force trading deals (that won’t be in our favour) with the US.

Put the TV on for the Crona daily update, so far its all about Cummings trip up north, the BBC are running a three ring circus taking opinions from the right supporters of Cumming and then switching to Labour members to get their opinion.... Is this what we have come down to.

Rightly or wrongly 1 man took a trip to the north get over it and move on, I never saw this media hype when the Scottish health adviser went to her private home of the Government advisor was shagging his bit on the side.

Do they hate him that much they see this as an opportunity to destroy him.....

(personally I think the bloke is a nob but this is disgraceful)

Put the TV on for the Crona daily update, so far its all about Cummings trip up north, the BBC are running a three ring circus taking opinions from the right supporters of Cumming and then switching to Labour members to get their opinion.... Is this what we have come down to.

Rightly or wrongly 1 man took a trip to the north get over it and move on, I never saw this media hype when the Scottish health adviser went to her private home of the Government advisor was shagging his bit on the side.

I don’t think what he did was the worst thing in the world, although it obviously wasn’t within the government rules.

Had he/ the government apologised and admitted he made a mistake due to the panic then I think people would have sympathy and it would blow over. However what they’ve actually done is claim he’s done nothing wrong at all (despite it being a clear breach of their own guidelines) and are now trying to retrospectively change their own guidance which is a completely disgusting insult to all the people who have made huge personal sacrifices in one way or another to stick to the rules as they were clearly intended

yep he's simply dreamy - from the rough and tough streets of Oxted in Surrey, fortunate enough to go to fee paying grammar school (which he no doubt disapproves of now) and Oxbridge.
A knight of the realm millionaire barrister is just the man to put these tory toffs in their place - to be fair he lies better than Jezza and puts a suit on.

ooooooooooh Sir Keir Starmerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Wonder where he's been these last few years whilst Corbs was running Labour ?

He was the one making sense quietly in the background.

But hey ho, at least liar of the people Boris ruffles his hair?

yep he's simply dreamy - from the rough and tough streets of Oxted in Surrey, fortunate enough to go to fee paying grammar school (which he no doubt disapproves of now) and Oxbridge.
A knight of the realm millionaire barrister is just the man to put these tory toffs in their place - to be fair he lies better than Jezza and puts a suit on.

ooooooooooh Sir Keir Starmerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Wonder where he's been these last few years whilst Corbs was running Labour ?

This post proves to me why he needs to lose his “Sir” prefix.

I’m not saying I know much about him, but he earned his peerage for quite admirable reasons. But you prove the point for me, the average man in the street will see “Sir” and think he’s just a silver spooned production of the labour establishment.

I’m not saying I know much about him, but he earned his peerage for quite admirable reasons. But you prove the point for me, the average man in the street will see “Sir” and think he’s just a silver spooned production of the labour establishment.

He doesn't use it.

He doesn't use it.

Yes, I noticed that in PMQ’s. It’s more about whether Tories and Tory voters try and pin it on him, to try and make him look superior in society. One thing about Boris, he knows his stuff when it comes to branding names and how that pays off, but it can work both ways.

From the COVID thread and into here for my opinion, so I don't sway.

Today people have seen the Johnson that some of us have been talking about a good while. The real Johsnon. The ruling elite, to him, it is a game, he wants to be popular, he scruffs up his hair and does silly things to be cuddly Boris.

Doesn't like it up him though does he? The tide has turned massively, the anger will not - surely - go away. I self isolated, wish I hadn't bothered now, it was boring, I should have just gone for a nice ride, stopped off at service stations etc, (no way did a 4 year old last 260 miles) and spread it. Then again, I'm not a total arrogant ****

You could see his anger rise, as question after question didn't accept his arrogance and bullshit.

He will not be able to blunder his way through this. Arrogant, ignorant, vile, bullying fool that he is.

Cummings, as an advisor, has shown how bad he is as well. He knows this won't go away. But again, he's a thug, he's arrogant, he could not give a toss. Whether he agrees with the storm or not, he - as chief advisor - should be aware the storm won't just pass. It didn't in Scotland with the chief medical advisor.

That was the real political elite today, disdain to anyone who doesn't just accept their word.

And how he rushed through, didn't let the strong press get a second question and oh so nearly fluffed as he didn't want to answer the 2nd question from Charlie Cooper of Politico. Great 1st question, he read out new advice (spoof) you don't have to stay at home, you can travel to another home, maybe in a nicer part of the country, if you are lucky enough to have one. Is that the new advice!? Well done that man.

But then he tried to move on from him but he was still there...

He asked a 2nd question, Johnson started saying 'sorry can we go...." because he wanted the next question, not a follow up question, but had no choice but to answer in the end with the camera back on Charlie.

The backlash from that display could be massive, people are used to the bumbling and some think 'friendly' cuddly act that Boris puts on. He's no such thing. He's a Johnson, a horrible arrogant bunch, as per the way he dad talks of the hoi polloi

Any party who throws out the father of the house for having a moderate view, is a party of arrogance and bullying. There are very decent Conservatives amongst the Tories, I bet they are feeling very uncomfortable tonight.

I’m not saying I know much about him, but he earned his peerage for quite admirable reasons. But you prove the point for me, the average man in the street will see “Sir” and think he’s just a silver spooned production of the labour establishment

Yes, I get your point, however I do believe those that earn it, get the respect from the general public, as opposed to those that inherit it, or get it for the 'they are one of us' band of elite.

If my memory is correct both of the people you mention lost their jobs via resignation or the sack. Also they didn't travel hundreds of miles whilst actually having the virus trying to palm off children who have been exposed to said virus on what I presume are elderly parents.

This whole affair has been treated with exactly the type of Haughty arrogance I'd expect of this government and the people who advise them. Lies and bluster. One rule for us another for those in the public schoolboy inner circle of Boris.

Tahir Ali, who represents Birmingham Green, reportedly was among some 100 guests at a funeral on Wednesday, which his area’s crime commissioner said undermined the work of police.

Mr Ali confirmed he was among a gathering of mourners to visit Sutton New Hall Cemetery in Sutton Coldfield on Wednesday, and later issued a public apology.

Labour MP Stephen Kinnock blasted by police for visiting father amid coronavirus lockdown
LABOUR MP Stephen Kinnock was criticised by South Wales Police for flouting self-isolation rules and visiting his father and former leader of the party Neil on his 78th birthday.

Did the BBC go into a wankfest after these two Labour MP's broke the rules?
Where were the angry mobs to get Kinnock and Ali to resign?

It just seem to me that 1000;s and 1000's of people did their own thing and its only Cummings who is getting publicly slaughtered.

Tahir Ali, who represents Birmingham Green, reportedly was among some 100 guests at a funeral on Wednesday, which his area’s crime commissioner said undermined the work of police.

Mr Ali confirmed he was among a gathering of mourners to visit Sutton New Hall Cemetery in Sutton Coldfield on Wednesday, and later issued a public apology.

Labour MP Stephen Kinnock blasted by police for visiting father amid coronavirus lockdown
LABOUR MP Stephen Kinnock was criticised by South Wales Police for flouting self-isolation rules and visiting his father and former leader of the party Neil on his 78th birthday.

It just seem to me that 1000;s and 1000's of people did their own thing and its only Cummings who is getting publicly slaughtered.

I've seen plenty of posts saying Starmer should sack them.

Can you not see how the brains behind this government is more of a special case than some no mark MP for Hall Green and a slightly higher profile MP in Kinnock?

Of course they're going to get significantly less coverage.

Yes Col, they did - and there are massive calls for them to resign as well.

Difference is, they also aren't in charge.

Another difference is clearly they didn't invent a story (unneeded childcare with a Nostradamus level of foresight knowing Cummings would go down ill) to suit a narrative, preceded by his wifes waffling in the Spectator where she implied they never left London - which has now been completely contradicted in large parts by Cummings and Bojo himself, but for some reason, the press are ignoring that.

Even if Kinnock's 'delivering supplies' was weak. As for funeral - it's a funeral. A bit more understandable than basically turning up as Cummings did conveniently for 2 birthday parties and a retirement party and repeatedly travelling whilst supposedly self isolating - if recent claims are true, and at this stage I don't disbelieve them given Johnson's own inability to pick out even one claim today that was false, despite his speech that most of it was false.

Sorry Col - just as a quick aside reading that post back, my anger was in no way directed at you matey! Just so you know dude!

When the Daily Mail and Telegraph are turning you know in your heart of hearts that you're onto a loser in trying to defend Cummings.

Boris like Trump has done a job in whipping up acolytes who fail to apply rational thinking. But in the aggregate the British people aren't quite a stupid as the yanks. Boris backlash incoming in a major way, it's a shame there isn't an election around the corner.