The Politics Thread | Page 212 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

Total pressure at PMQ's and Hancock is starting to look like a dead man walking.

And I know it shouldn't matter, actually, scrub that, it does. Johnson, you buffoon, you are in the House Of Commons representing this country. Comb your hair you bumbling fool.

He can't comb his hair as its all to do with his bullshit image. Trying to think if there's anyone else in politics I despise more than him. Can't think of anyone in Britain at least.

He can't comb his hair as its all to do with his bullshit image. Trying to think if there's anyone else in politics I despise more than him. Can't think of anyone in Britain at least.

Mine is him and Corbyn, the latter being the stubborn idiot that landed us with Johnson and with a majority, for the 5 year term.

Sad times.

Total pressure at PMQ's and Hancock is starting to look like a dead man walking.

And I know it shouldn't matter, actually, scrub that, it does. Johnson, you buffoon, you are in the House Of Commons representing this country. Comb your hair you bumbling fool.

Some of the media reporters are reporting that they give Johnson until Christmas and he will be out too

One of my mates reckoned he messes his hair up on purpose - I’m not sure if he was joking, but it’s perfectly credible.

The way Boris has branded himself over the years is actually really well thought through. We all say the name “Boris” like he’s an endearing neighbour, we didn’t call Theresa May “Theresa”. If ruffling his hair plays up to that PR image he’s somehow created for himself then for that I say fair play. I can’t remember where I was reading or watching it, but there was an interesting piece on how Boris has carved out this almost loveable, can-do-no-wrong-and-if-it-is-it’s-his-charm character.

Some of the media reporters are reporting that they give Johnson until Christmas and he will be out too

My in law was saying this about him potentially being on the way out, if Bojo is under pressure he’ll no doubt have to throw Hancock under the bus. I also think they’ll somehow put care home providers to the sword, as the care home deaths are a scandal that sit with government. Also goes without saying Sadiq Khan will suffer - not that I’m a fan of his - but I do think him being Labour and Muslim make him a huge target of the Tories. What’s not to like if he takes months worth of flak in the papers for the TfL deaths? The ones the Tories drove through unclear messages.

I have a feeling when this is over, the british public will largely erase it from their memories as they desperately want to spend they inheritance from their dead grannies on their next trip to Benidorm, and won’t hold Bojo accountable.

It’s only as we’ve done on here over hundreds of pages do the failings add up, whether that’s risk management, strategising the battle plan, the reactive measures and the communication. The average man or woman in the street isn’t seeing it necessarily as we do, plus they’re turning on the papers.

It’ll be interesting to watch.

Last edited:
NHS staff and care workers from overseas are to be exempt from paying a surcharge to use the health service after mounting pressure from MPs.

Boris Johnson's spokesman said the PM had asked the Home Office and Department for Health to exempt NHS and care workers "as soon as possible".

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer said it was "a victory for common decency".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52761052

-----

Boris Johnson will not face a criminal investigation into his dealings with US businesswoman Jennifer Arcuri when he was Mayor of London.

The Independent Office for Police Conduct said in its report that there was "some evidence" the pair had an "intimate relationship".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52755473

Him, Corbyn and Patel.
Yes Patel. The invasion from France continues and is gathering pace, now assisted by the French navy who are ushering them into British costal waters before picking them up and ferrying them to Dover.
Patel says we are tightening up on this issue.
Thats ok then.

I dont think its because Khan is Labour and a muslim, he is just a lousy Mayor that seems to alienate far too many people.
I've always found him thoroughly unimpressive. I can't be all that easy being a Labour mayor under a conservative government but I've genuinely never been moved by anything he has ever said and I've never seen anything interesting policy wise from him either.

A few I know on the left seem to love him but couldn't tell you anything about his strategy and policies.

I've always found him thoroughly unimpressive. I can't be all that easy being a Labour mayor under a conservative government but I've genuinely never been moved by anything he has ever said and I've never seen anything interesting policy wise from him either.

A few I know on the left seem to love him but couldn't tell you anything about his strategy and policies.
This bloke is obviously a fan.

Sadiq Khan: the Mayor who can't - CapX
capx.co › sadiq-khan-the-mayor-who-cant

From afar Khan comes across to me as an absolute plonker.

He's seems far more interested in virtue signalling on Twitter and celebrating diversity and posting rainbow flags and all that 'woke' shite rather than being a mayor of a major city.

Mayor of London seems to be more about a profile raiser than about competence of doing a job. Boris spunked billions on his crazy shit, and the only thing that they did a decent job of (bikes) he managed to brand them as his bikes.

Shouldn’t it be a job for someone dull in the same grey suit who is an accountant by trade, who one a year stands on a podium with a few C list celebs turning on the Christmas lights?

I never used to get the anti-Tory thing, sounded like a load of brainwashed millennials and people of a certain age who remember the Thatcher days.

Safe to say, I now get it. Not in the “they just look after the rich” way - maybe they look after a select few who have significant hedge funds as they aren’t even a party for business anymore - but I dislike them for their lack of integrity, morals and how they treat us like we were all born yesterday.

If this Tory government get re-elected in 2024 or whenever the next GE is, I’ll lose all faith in british democracy.