The Politics Thread | Page 128 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

If a few Tories defect to the LIberals, there is one Tory suspended for alleged assault, there is a bye election (I think) happening. He could end up without any sort of majority at all.

He's also already has a split party as he's not exactly cared how he's treated others, so some are out to get him.

Fascinating times.

Agreed MF, can't see him doing anything good, he was a terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE foreign secretary, but it would be the most pleasant surprise if he did do good. I don't believe for a minute he will, but one can hope!

The by election is Brecon and Radnorshire in mid Wales.

Tories aren't expected to win. Chris Davies won the seat in 2015. It had been Lib Dem since 1997.

He won I expect on the basis of the Lib Dems getting into bed with the Tories and the promise of a referendum. He has been recalled on expenses fraud.

The by election was also triggered by over 10,000 people signing a petition to trigger the by election. Much more than the 10% needed.

The Tories aren't expected to win. Its expected to go back to the Lib Dems. The risk they have is if they put Davies up again he will be beaten.

Then Johnson can do what he does best and blame the loss on the scandal.

If they put a fresh candidate up and lose well! It says alot about Boris it is said.

The majority of journalists involved in the politic arena I have read have said a general election and/or a referendum will have to happen

Here's a link about it

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2019/06/new-tory-leader-face-tough-election-fight-lib-dems

There is Tory link going around social media asking you to "Tell Boris what you think...."

I know fine well its to get your email addy and name. They can spam me all they want. They haven't got a fly cat in hell chance with me. Any Facebook spam about the Tories will be switched off and emails will be junked.

I took the opportunity to tell them exactly what I thought of Brexit and another few home truths they cant change. Paraphrase of the main fact is below

Whichever way the Tories are finished and so is the Brexit party.

On average 60% of the electorate vote in a general election which is about 27 million.

16.1 million voted remain who will never vote Tory again and would never vote Brexit party either.

Thats leaves approx 11 million to vote for pro leave parties.

16 million who vote remain ??? plus those who have changed there minds etc is more than pro Brexit parties

Do the maths. There are more remain voters than brexit/Tory voters

This will seem to get worse before it gets better again however the fact is they dont have the no's to win a general election whatever they do.

Even if Johnson is working towards having to revoke or and call a referendum and it was revoked the 16.1 million plus will never vote Tory/Brexit in a generation minimum. The Brexit party will die a death too.

Bye bye

????????????

Lib dems took the Brecon seat back tonight! Majority down to one. Johnson has set a record for the least days in office and losing a seat.

Next to take the seat of is in Sheffield wher Lib dems are expected to win that seat back too

:cool:

So having been told by the ilk of Boris to ignore the experts and their forecasts, Javid is now saying we should believe them as we're not heading into recession and everyone expected this quarter to be lower because of the stockpiling.

I thought stockpiling had nothing to do with the growth last quarter?

Funny that.

It's just the general level of BS where they swing whichever way that suits that bugs me.

Didn't even mean it in a Brexit manner, just the overall state of politics now as no doubt Corbyn will be out soon using it as proof as well.

That's a great spot though, but I'm not sure I handle a more 'powered up' Gove.