The Politics Thread | Page 107 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

The government has spent $15.9m (£12m) on a luxury apartment in New York for a British diplomat working to negotiate trade deals with the US. The seven-bedroom flat in the 50 United Nations Plaza will house the British consul general in New York.

The Foreign Office said it had "secured the best possible deal." The apartment "will help promote the UK in the commercial capital of our largest export market for years to come", it said.

Vitally important. Thank goodness they "secured the best possible deal." Maybe the Foreign Office should have negotiated Brexit.

I wonder who our version of Donald Trump will be when the next election comes round. The disillusion with our present politicians is uncomfortably like the popular atmosphere in the U.S. before their Presidential Election.

I wonder who our version of Donald Trump will be when the next election comes round. The disillusion with our present politicians is uncomfortably like the popular atmosphere in the U.S. before their Presidential Election.

Well there's a fair few people I work with that would be frothing at the mouth at the thought of a British Donald Trump, the type of people who are obsessed with WW2 but also think Hitler sort of had a point.

Now , I've had a couple of beers so my brain might be a bit off beam but I was thinking, if the Scots want independence might it not be a good idea to give the English a vote in any future referendum?

The last election was very much inconclusive. There doesn't seem to be much popular support for either of Britain's big two this time around. UKIP will get the hard Brexit vote but the 48% who voted Remain don't have any easy options.

I really, really hope I’m not eating these words (or post) in a few weeks or months, but I hope Bojo being on the front pages is for the commercial benefit of the rag - as in they sell more papers. I think he will always get disproportionate media attention, we need someone fresh from the wings who can truly lead this country. I’ve lost all faith in politicians and it’s not just Brexit.

The saving grace from all this is that there must be young, budding people so frustrated at their seniors and current people leading the charge we get a generation through who are determined to do something about it.

Agreed Dan, if some of the younger, fresher politicians on both sides can't now step forward and lead, I'll be at my wits end (nearly there now). If the tories were stupid enough to go for Boris after his chess power game, then goodness knows how the public would receive that news. Him or Corbyn. What sort of a choice is that?

The last election was very much inconclusive. There doesn't seem to be much popular support for either of Britain's big two this time around. UKIP will get the hard Brexit vote but the 48% who voted Remain don't have any easy options.

In the past you’d add up who you think people will vote for. The next election, could be one by understanding who people won’t vote for.

Which is essentially how Trump came to power in the swing states

In the next general election do you think people will know what they're voting for?
The campaigns will be riddled with lies. Who can you trust?
I agree with the danvilla2 comment above.

BBC has some twat from UKIP on and the presenter seems to be relishing calling him out for supporting Tommy Robinson :clap::clap: