The Politics Thread | Page 106 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

Probably MF. Suppose he's spent his whole political life sniping from the back benches. All of a sudden he's the centre, isn't exactly covering himself with glory and isnt exactly a spring chicken.

Still. He's managed to set the party back a few decades so he's achieved something.

Wales setting out conditions post brexit that must be met or they'll got for Independence.

Namely, EU subsidies.

They did some interviews in a regenerated town in Wales after the vote pointing out that the money for the re-generation had come mostly from EU grants. They didn't seem to see the irony.

I don't believe there is the appetite in Wales for independence, if there is so be it.

I don't care anymore. Bored of all the hypocrisy.

Meanwhile, Northern Ireland has not had an assembly for over two years whilst the DUP play the big shots at Westminster and Sinn Fein refuse to go to the House of Commons.
By the way, all Assembly members are still being paid.

Saw it in business voting leavers as well haven't we. Made their own life more difficult by voting leave 'I didn't realise'. Sad thing is, those that now realise are in the minority and the others must presume they'll be the one person who it doesn't effect.

Utter madness.

And yup, no assembly in NI and the DUP being paid extra to bang on about not being different from the UK whilst hanging on with all their power to the differences that suit them.

Just gets more mind numbing by the week now.

I'm not saying it's right and nor am I condoning, but then you get politicians on all sides moaning about the rise in anger and abuse, yet they seem to be largely oblivious as to why this is now the case.

Brexit and the changing society carries the can absolutely, but it's been festering underneath for a long time, Brexit in many ways is just the touchpaper.

Meanwhile, Northern Ireland has not had an assembly for over two years whilst the DUP play the big shots at Westminster and Sinn Fein refuse to go to the House of Commons.
By the way, all Assembly members are still being paid.

Couldn't make it up could you BBJ?

And here's the thing, Fear - in spite of both these parties (DUP and SF) being utterly useless, it'll be a huge surprise if they don't get more or less the same share of the vote they now have in the upcoming council elections. It's a classic case of getting the politicians you deserve.

I have a feeling Gove might well win out against the others.

If you had to have a prominent leaver in charge (as in gun to your head and choose a leave leader) he’s the one I’d take. I couldn’t see him approving a hard leave - maybe I’m wrong, but he seems more pragmatic than some of the other clowns.

Not that I want a leaver in charge and actually May is doing a wonderful job for all us remainers.

As you say, he's been pragmatic. Wants out and I'm sure isn't a massive fan of May's deal but has been seen to be more moderate than Boris for instance.

Plus has made a couple of speaches that went down well.

Just the little things makes me think he's ahead in this long standing power game.

Not saying I like him btw. Just for the avoidance if doubt!

I'm with JPA - but again, the better of a bad bunch but I can't help wonder if that's because his attempt to stab in the back backfired so spectacularly to begin with, so he's now playing a more controlled long game?

As you say, he's been pragmatic. Wants out and I'm sure isn't a massive fan of May's deal but has been seen to be more moderate than Boris for instance.

Plus has made a couple of speaches that went down well.

Just the little things makes me think he's ahead in this long standing power game.

Not saying I like him btw. Just for the avoidance if doubt!

I hear ya bro ?

Ha the BBC have just had 3 'young' party members on (Tory, Lab, Dem) and they've been bemoaning the behaviour of politicians in Parliament, party lines, the braying during debates.

Then starting talking over each other and arguing.

:lol: