Police Presence | Page 8 | Vital Football

Police Presence

I suspect you could also look at for people at the other end of their careers who may be considering a career in the Police. On the basis that virtually everyone feels that the Police should exist then we should want the best people to become officers.

There's so much anti-Police rhetoric trying to tar everyone in the service with the same brush there gets to the point where the types of people you want to join may decide against it. Whether there needs to be a change or not you still need to get the right people through the door. I know a guy who said that all police are fundamentally corrupt because of the service they choose to work for. If you were a respectable caring person would you want to risk being tarred in the same way despite knowing you're a good person who'd make a positive difference? You run the risk of only getting the officer's you're supposedly trying to avoid.

Much like a rich Gills fan may be put off buying the club having seen the vitroil and lies that may come their way if "success" isn't secured.

Even with Buddha I often quite like reading his posts about how he thinks society should be structured (or not!) and the imagined utopia. I even can imagine the people in his circles to be nice, caring individuals. However, there have been times recently where that has changed. It's all about loving and respecting one another until you don't agree with them at which point they'll make jokes about you receiving an untimely end.

If people are not careful with the way that they choose to voice an opinion then it may well have the opposite effect as to what's intended.

Edit - all my opinion of course ;)

Anyone joining the police service has my utmost respect - there has probably never been such a challenging time to enter the profession.

But doesn't a business have to right to excluded whoever they wish from their premises?

Yes, but that's a civil, not a criminal, matter, should rhe club wish to forbid entry to groups or individual fans unless they can provide evidence of where laws have been broken.