Police on police bullying and racism (FAO nobs, partly) | Page 7 | Vital Football

Police on police bullying and racism (FAO nobs, partly)

South Wales police brutally beat Mohamud Hassan on the 8th January 2021. He was tazered twice, bitten by police officers, had his head kicked, had several bones dislocated and was visibly bloodied when taken into custody.
Jesus!

Where did you get that information from? It isn't on the BBC reports you linked, and his Aunt didn't seem to know about it (on the news report).

"If his family had their wits about them they would have taken photos of the bite marks"

Might not have helped according to the IOPC........

"The watchdog previously said initial tests showed Mr Hassan, 24, did not die from physical injuries."

Watch this space

Sunday, 10th January 2021

The UK Column received the following letter from a serving police officer. His name must remain confidential, for, by speaking up for the law, and for the rights of the British people, he places his job in jeopardy. Such is the nature of our institutions today.
We reproduce this letter in full and thank the officer who had the courage and firmness to write it.
(open link to read this letter)

https://www.ukcolumn.org/article/lockdown-police-constables-perspective

The UK Column received the following letter from a serving police officer. His name must remain confidential, for, by speaking up for the law, and for the rights of the British people, he places his job in jeopardy.

This is an anti-lockdown letter. I think most of the more self-righteous posters on the forum think that the govt should have gone into lockdown earlier and harder.

The UK Column received the following letter from a serving police officer. His name must remain confidential, for, by speaking up for the law, and for the rights of the British people, he places his job in jeopardy. Such is the nature of our institutions today.
We reproduce this letter in full and thank the officer who had the courage and firmness to write it.
(open link to read this letter)

https://www.ukcolumn.org/article/lockdown-police-constables-perspective
Did Toby Young write that?
I gave up when he (or she) went on about how vastly exaggerated the problems with the virus are. Perhaps he could visit St Thomas' hospital. I know some of his beloved freedom lovers have been outside protesting against the staff inside. Nice.

Did Toby Young write that?
I gave up when he (or she) went on about how vastly exaggerated the problems with the virus are. Perhaps he could visit St Thomas' hospital. I know some of his beloved freedom lovers have been outside protesting against the staff inside. Nice.
I don't know who Toby Young is, but if he isn't a PC the letter would, of course, be fraudulent

I don't know who Toby Young is, but if he isn't a PC the letter would, of course, be fraudulent

The letter may or may not be fraudulent. It's definitely anti-lockdown in tone and I reckon '58 was having a joke when he suggested that it was Toby Young who wrote it.

Toby Young is not a copper but he is definitely a prick. He is anti-lockdown and he set up a dating agency for like-minded covid sceptics:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ite-wins-hearts-of-social-distancing-sceptics

He is also set up the Free Speech Union which is more sinister than it sounds:
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...ampaign-over-role-of-toby-young-founded-group

If you need any more convincing, read this and you'll realise that he's always been a prick.
young.jpg

Wouldn`t be fraudulent, but could be a wind-up. I`d say that the letter was written by someone who is/was a police officer - has all the right tones. Just goes to show that not all cops feel the same about stuff - which shouldn`t be a surprise as they are only members of the public, like us all.

Thought that Buddha might like some small parts of the narrative !

Wouldn`t be fraudulent, but could be a wind-up. I`d say that the letter was written by someone who is/was a police officer - has all the right tones. Just goes to show that not all cops feel the same about stuff - which shouldn`t be a surprise as they are only members of the public, like us all.

It started well and I particularly liked this bit:

However, I fear that the public trust in the UK police service is now circling the drain. In the structure of the force, the cracks that have been covered over in recent years are starting to show. The events of this year have exposed how political policing has become, and how entrenched the training and values of the last decade now are. This has manifested in the deteriorating behaviour and conduct of many officers and of the police service as a whole. I have watched in disbelief and dismay at the way in which some of my colleagues across the UK have resorted to extreme force and heavy-handed tactics against people who are simply exercising their basic human rights to freedom of speech, freedom to protest, freedom to work and gather with family and friends, freedom to worship, and freedom over their own bodies and health.

But as it became more clear that this was an anti-lockdown piece I agreed with it less and less.

That said, I am concerned that our right to protest is being curtailed. I don't believe that covid is a hoax but I do believe that authorities have used it as a reason to withdraw certain freedoms. We can only hope this is just a temporary measure.

Have to say it doesn't fit the narrative of any coppers I know. There is a lot of cynicism about but thats nothing new for old bill 😉

Whilst on the subject of policing, the public should be concerned about the recent Police National Computer (PNC) data-loss reports all over the media.

Reports suggest that several hundred thousand records have been "lost" from the PNC. Records pertaining to Arrests should be retrievable via other systems, what concerns me the most is the apparent data loss pertaining to DNA.

Police IT is generally not up to scratch and generally subject of £millions of profligacy. Until such time as policing in England & Wales adopts the organisational infra-structure as seen in Scotland, too much English & Welsh public money will be lost down the drains.

It started well and I particularly liked this bit:

However, I fear that the public trust in the UK police service is now circling the drain. In the structure of the force, the cracks that have been covered over in recent years are starting to show. The events of this year have exposed how political policing has become, and how entrenched the training and values of the last decade now are. This has manifested in the deteriorating behaviour and conduct of many officers and of the police service as a whole. I have watched in disbelief and dismay at the way in which some of my colleagues across the UK have resorted to extreme force and heavy-handed tactics against people who are simply exercising their basic human rights to freedom of speech, freedom to protest, freedom to work and gather with family and friends, freedom to worship, and freedom over their own bodies and health.

But as it became more clear that this was an anti-lockdown piece I agreed with it less and less.

That said, I am concerned that our right to protest is being curtailed. I don't believe that covid is a hoax but I do believe that authorities have used it as a reason to withdraw certain freedoms. We can only hope this is just a temporary measure.

Thought you`d like that bit.

Have to say it doesn't fit the narrative of any coppers I know. There is a lot of cynicism about but thats nothing new for old bill 😉

I'm sure I've told this story before but several years ago the group of people I was travelling with were treated really badly by the police. It seemed that that day they had made it their mission to really fck with us. We got moved three or four times that day and because we had more caravans than tow-motors and drivers it meant that each move meant some drivers had to double back to collect other vehicles.

Anyway, towards the end of the day when the dozen of so coppers had been reduced to a solitary bobby and we were left waiting for the final vehicles to arrive at the car park (where the police had said we could stay overnight but must leave in the morning), we invited him into a caravan for a cup of tea. He wasn't sure at first but we said, "C'mon, it's been a long day for everyone and they've left you here on your own, come inside the warm and have a brew!".

He did and then we got chatting. Within a few minutes he was apologising for what we'd been through that day. He started explaining how he had joined the police with all these noble intentions of helping people but that recently he had been finding that more often than not his job entailed doing the exact opposite. One of us remarked that if he felt like that he should quit his job. He looked up and said, "Do you know what, I think you might be right!". Dunno if he ever did or not.

If the author of that piece really is a copper, I reckon he ought to quit. His letter will do nothing to change anything.

Whilst on the subject of policing, the public should be concerned about the recent Police National Computer (PNC) data-loss reports all over the media.

Reports suggest that several hundred thousand records have been "lost" from the PNC. Records pertaining to Arrests should be retrievable via other systems, what concerns me the most is the apparent data loss pertaining to DNA.

Police IT is generally not up to scratch and generally subject of £millions of profligacy. Until such time as policing in England & Wales adopts the organisational infra-structure as seen in Scotland, too much English & Welsh public money will be lost down the drains.

The Home Office have said that the lost data relates to people who were arrested but released without charge.

The police shouldn't be collecting and retaining fingerprints and DNA of people who have never been charged with an offence anyway.

So unless the lost data includes people convicted, or at least charged, with an offence, I fail to see that anything - other than that which the police shouldn't have anyway - has been lost.

Last edited:
The Home Office have said that the lost data relates to people who were arrested but released without charge.

The police shouldn't be collecting and retaining fingerprints and DNA of people who have never been charged with an offence anyway.

So unless the lost data includes people convicted, or at least charged, with an offence, I fail to see that anything other than that which the police shouldn't have anyway has been lost.

There are rules relating to police retention of data in the case of a person arrested but not convicted, and those records are reviewed constantly. You can access the rules via several gov websites/Criminal record sites.

Contention exists relating to this sort of data retention but following the Soham murders (Jessica & Holly) that highlighted police failure in record cross-referencing, police were mandated to review and modify policies on record retention. Getting the balance right is never easy and the system that holds now will probably never have across-the-board, 100%, public support.

There are avenues open to people to challenge data retention and police frequently delete information on the back of such challenges.

I know of quite a few cases where DNA obtained in relation to an arrest of a person who was subsequently not charged with the matter they were arrested for, has solved murders and rapes. In fact, this happens more frequently than many might think.

My point was more about the general state of police database performance, co-ordination and administration. £m`s are wasted annually.

There are rules relating to police retention of data in the case of a person arrested but not convicted, and those records are reviewed constantly. You can access the rules via several gov websites/Criminal record sites.

Contention exists relating to this sort of data retention but following the Soham murders (Jessica & Holly) that highlighted police failure in record cross-referencing, police were mandated to review and modify policies on record retention. Getting the balance right is never easy and the system that holds now will probably never have across-the-board, 100%, public support.

There are avenues open to people to challenge data retention and police frequently delete information on the back of such challenges.

I know of quite a few cases where DNA obtained in relation to an arrest of a person who was subsequently not charged with the matter they were arrested for, has solved murders and rapes. In fact, this happens more frequently than many might think.

My point was more about the general state of police database performance, co-ordination and administration. £m`s are wasted annually.

I accept that it might be difficult to get the balance right but just because some heinous crimes might have been solved and the perpetrators rightly convicted because their DNA had been kept when it shouldn't have been, doesn't in itself make the case for DNA retention of innocent people. To suggest it does is just a strawman argument.

I accept your main point about police IT and waste of money, though I don't really know much anything about that.