Pochettino: Rose Regrets? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Pochettino: Rose Regrets?

I wonder what club will be interested him after reading that.

Well he is contracted until 2021 with us, so I'm assuming we'll keep him for another season. I'd be surprised if he left this summer, but wouldn't be surprised to see us sign a young left back.

Well he is contracted until 2021 with us, so I'm assuming we'll keep him for another season. I'd be surprised if he left this summer, but wouldn't be surprised to see us sign a young left back.
I honestly think we need to stop thinking in terms off full backs, I believe Poch wants to play 3 at the back. I believe is by far the most flexible defensive system.

When I read it, it made me feel as though it was an underhand dig at his club.
England saved me, were my salvation blah blah... almost criticising Spurs’ treatment of him but it was England that sorted him out!
Cheers Danny!

You know this is far more nuanced than either your sympathetic toward Rose or your not. Here's the thing depression like all illness is a challenge. It requires diagnosis and treatment, it takes the suffer and those around him/her to be mindful of said challenges. It does not give them cartbanche to do as they like. Quite the reverse and in Danny's case in particular you wonder who is advising him, as I'm not sure on the strength of his media interaction they are acting in his best interest.

Excellent post.

yeah spesh but it does sound like our medical team fucked up by delaying surgery. He's clearly very bitter about it but I really have no clue why he thinks blubbing to the press is the correct release for that. I highly doubt the Spurs psychiatrist he's seeing told him that's the right course of action.

He's a bad combination of a bit thick and possibly bi-polar.

Hope he gets the treatment he needs to put all this behind him and become the best LB in the league again, but been a while since he's been at that level and these interviews aren't going to speed up the process.

Winks held off from having surgery on his ankle but had to eventually. There must be cases where it's 50/50 and a decision has to be made. Probably surgery being the last resort if it can be avoided.

As harsh as it may sound he maybe doing this to try and force a move. He tried the bull in a china shop tactic last summer and it failed. This time he is pulling on the strings but with a few clear digs on the way.

If I were Poch I would do everything I can to sell him.

I do hope he gets the help he needs though. He clearly isn't there in the head.

Winks held off from having surgery on his ankle but had to eventually. There must be cases where it's 50/50 and a decision has to be made. Probably surgery being the last resort if it can be avoided.

Winks, Lamela, Rose, Dembele have all had long periods out where the club were avoiding surgery - only to have to undergo the surgery when they were due a return and then face a long recovery period afterwards. I'm sure it happens at other clubs but Rose, Winks and Lamela in particular have missed a season's worth of football each in the last 18 months due to these delays.

Rose is a distraction, that is his MO. Spurs need to do themselves a favor and eat the contract and give him away, or something. I honestly don't rate him anyway. (I know I don't rate Walker either...damn I am harsh...sorry just being honest)

BL - He has an issue with Spurs, he obviously isn't happy here. He is a distraction that will only cause us problems in the future...and he isn't that good to begin with, so what is the point.

LOL - shit day at work, sorry guys, not usually this damn negative.

Sorry USA... Not having that. He definitely was that good to begin with... Walker I understand as he made errors, but prior to his injury layoff Rose was probably our most consistent player for a couple seasons.

That said, who knows if he'll ever hit those heights again.

I think he's mostly unhappy that he's not playing football. Hopefully he'll stay fit for the World Cup and we'll see a different Rose return for pre-season, whether he stays or we sell him on for good £.

THFC need to pay attention here. That's now 2 young players they have taken from similar backgrounds and cumulatively have ended up in a really bad place mentally in their late twenties. In fact, Lennon got sectioned eventually before getting the help he needed. I hope the education has passed through the club and they are more aware of the signs which in my experience are visible. What we were taught in the jobs I've done is it's down to the peers and management to always be looking for the signs. Of course, it's down to the individual to manage their work, life balance but once they hit a certain point they are no longer able to and need the intervention and structure around them.

To me, it feels like neither player got that early enough and it is probably rife still in football where everyone is an alpha personality type.

Sorry for the deep post, but my strong opinion is that as fans we need to be very intolerant to the way the media live in a world of denial about these real issues. They would rather sell papers about a player being gay than accept that it's not even worthy of being news in the first place. That's exactly what they are now doing with Rose and did with other folks like Trecothik, Trott, Pendleton, Speed etc.

There's no place for it in this millennium.

The only thing he missed out was that his wife/girlfriend had run off with his best mate and his dog had rabies lol.

Full House Social Look At Me Bingo 2018 :downer:

Sorry USA... Not having that. He definitely was that good to begin with... Walker I understand as he made errors, but prior to his injury layoff Rose was probably our most consistent player for a couple seasons.

That said, who knows if he'll ever hit those heights again.

I think he's mostly unhappy that he's not playing football. Hopefully he'll stay fit for the World Cup and we'll see a different Rose return for pre-season, whether he stays or we sell him on for good £.

I am all for giving guys another shot. And if he does come back and plays well...then I will be the first to post great things about his play. I just see this going in a different direction, that is all. Good post bud!

I always thought Walker was the stand out WB/FB and said on many occasions that if we had to lose one I hoped it would be Rose.

I wish I'd been proved right, this whiner makes my teeth itch now.

Well played Danny Rose last night. Whilst only Costa Rica, I thought he played very well especially after telling the world about his depression and courting more controversy with his comments on racism. He looks fitter and seems to have got a little bit of his pace back. Perhaps he's finally overcoming the injury nightmare he's had.

I'm still for keeping him at Spurs.

Well played Danny Rose last night. Whilst only Costa Rica, I thought he played very well especially after telling the world about his depression and courting more controversy with his comments on racism. He looks fitter and seems to have got a little bit of his pace back. Perhaps he's finally overcoming the injury nightmare he's had.

I'm still for keeping him at Spurs.

It's funny I watched him closely and thought he was very average. He clearly is not match fit on a half dozen occasions he checked back and laid the ball of rather than take on his man. There was one time he did well sold the dummy tried go past his man and within three strides the player caught him. It was a worying lack of pace. I don't wish him at all Ill but I'm just not sure from a club perspective and team morale stance he is worth it any more. I'm also regretting the sale of Fredericks and Yedlin more by the day.

It's funny I watched him closely and thought he was very average. He clearly is not match fit on a half dozen occasions he checked back and laid the ball of rather than take on his man. There was one time he did well sold the dummy tried go past his man and within three strides the player caught him. It was a worying lack of pace. I don't wish him at all Ill but I'm just not sure from a club perspective and team morale stance he is worth it any more. I'm also regretting the sale of Fredericks and Yedlin more by the day.

Selling Yedlin was an absolute shocker.

Walker and Rose were the two best attacking wing backs we ever had !!!
Were...and Bale the best left forward. That was then. Rose now is distracted, resentful, of the club has a grudge about the fans and recovering very slowly from physical and mental health problems. We need to find a fast young athletic LB fast. What happened to German lad at ...I think Leverkusen?