Pochettino (n/g) | Vital Football

Pochettino (n/g)

Levy will be thinking of Champions league money (qualifying again) to cash flow the stadium

Couldn’t agree more. I know they’ve had a rough start, but seriously! The most successful manager they’ve had for years and they fuck him off. No loyalty in football. Mental decision.

Five years. Not many get longer. Players are difficult to motivate after a time when they hear the same voice. No away wins in the league since March, I think, including a clueless 3-0 defeat at Brighton.

No trophies won either. I suspect Levy wanted to hear what Pochettino's plans were for turning things round and didn't get the response he wanted.

Probably a mutual decision as Poch mentioned it might be the right time to leave if they had broken their duck and won the Champions League last year.

What does Levy honestly think Spurs are? They're a top six club , Pochettino has had them a top 4 club so over achieved IMO. A win percentage of 56% over the five years he's been there. Utter fucking madness.

Bookies already making Mourinho favourite. They'll have to go some to get a better manager over the next 5 years than they've had over the last 5 years.

Five years. Not many get longer. Players are difficult to motivate after a time when they hear the same voice. No away wins in the league since March, I think, including a clueless 3-0 defeat at Brighton.

No trophies won either. I suspect Levy wanted to hear what Pochettino's plans were for turning things round and didn't get the response he wanted.

Probably a mutual decision as Poch mentioned it might be the right time to leave if they had broken their duck and won the Champions League last year.

If they won the Champions League he should have left- I'm a believer in going out on a high

What does Levy honestly think Spurs are? They're a top six club , Pochettino has had them a top 4 club so over achieved IMO. A win percentage of 56% over the five years he's been there. Utter fucking madness.

Bookies already making Mourinho favourite. They'll have to go some to get a better manager over the next 5 years than they've had over the last 5 years.

My spurs mates will be fuming if Jose gets the job

Chairmen have to give managers time to turn things around but how long should that be?

When Poch was at his best the stats showed that Spurs would have 60% + of possession. That is no longer the case. The recent match at Everton was described as dire between two poor sides. 7-2 home defeat by Bayern broke a record.

Statistic from BBC Website this morning:
"In 2019, no Premier League side has lost more games in all competitions than Spurs' 18."

All this with Dier, Rose, Alli, Winks and Kane regularly in the England squad and other quality players like Eriksen, Lucas Moura and Son. His most recent purchases, Ndombele and Sessegnon cost the best part of £100 million as well.

No, something had definitely gone stale with no sign of an upturn.

Mourinho now confirmed as replacement. At least he usually delivers the odd trophy.

Think spurs have had a poor season mainly due to a couple of their players lack of form this year especially Eriksen .... he is normally a staple of my dream teams.....

Appointing Jose..... poor move in my opinion..... lacks the ability to nurture youth and spends loads on marquee signings which don’t always work out....

Jose for the short term gain possibly but, as Vodapadi implied, I doubt he will nurture younger players Pochettino has done. It works too; look how Chelsea are doing and you wonder how Mourinho would work under an embargo. It will be interesting to see what Spurs fans think.

The Spurs ST holders I know are really not happy. Mourinho cannot add to the squad until January and he will want a big pot of money. Poch helped Spurs punch above their weight and deserved this coming transfer window to replace those players not performing himself.