Pochettino gets £120 Million to Spend This Summer ON TOP OF Player Sales | Page 3 | Vital Football

Pochettino gets £120 Million to Spend This Summer ON TOP OF Player Sales

I wonder if he would be up for it or if he would be looking at China, moving into new stadium we really a signing that would excite the fans.

It seems City and PSG are leading the chase. His wages are around 165k a week.

It's a nice thought that we could sign a player of this calibre again but the reality is very slim.

I don't know why we are buggering about , dithering as usual . I'm getting the car out of the garage ,anyone got his addresss , I'm off to sort it out. We could make him feel right at home here . What a signing that would be .

Poch loves Big Vic. So do I, so I would be surprised if he does go.

I remember Poch in a press conference saying " he is an animal and one of the best DM's in Europe. I would agree.

There was some talk of Vic being in a contract stand off at some point but think it was media bs. Can't see us letting so many go in one window

There was some talk of Vic being in a contract stand off at some point but think it was media bs. Can't see us letting so many go in one window

He's got a contract with us until 2021, and we have an option to extend - the issue for us might be that last season eh was one of if not the best Defensive Midfielder in the Premier League and this season he's played just 5 games and as is now clear, his knee is still not right.

Under those circumstances if we think that his knee is going to be an on-going issue, then just like Rose (who has almost the same knee issues) we would probably take any approach for him seriously.

Think back to what we did with Sandro, season before his knee injury he was getting better and better - he returned, didn't look right and we couldn't sell him quick enough - and he went backwards at a rate of knots after we did.

Frankly, I'd be amazed if any PL club would take a risk on buying him this summer, but you never know, but if the money was big enough on a business risk/reward level, I suspect we'd have to think long and hard on it - just as we did with Sandro.

Whilst Wanyama has been injured, he did make close to 50 appearances last season including internationals. Thinking about it, he is about to start year 3 of his 5 year contract. Isn't this when we'd normally look to get him onto a standard Spurs long term contract, remove the causes that were required to sign him 2 years ago and offer him the opportunity or earn more but based on base plus bonuses.

This could be no more than his agent negotiating with Levy for a new, improved contract knowing he is more than happy under Poch.