Poch Says ' Don't blame it on Daniel' | Vital Football

Poch Says ' Don't blame it on Daniel'

Spursex

Alert Team
Poch has come out desperately defending his boss.

Some might say he had little choice, perhaps some others would have to agree.

So what did he say?

“First of all, I think we are going to be successful, and second there is no point blaming the club, the board or Daniel. He is doing, with the board, an amazing effort to create the legacy that will be there for the rest of the generation, and forever.
You cannot blame a person that cannot sleep because he is thinking about how to deliver the best job for the club."

- So it seems Levy is worried (why else wouldn't you sleep?) and possibly exhausted by the demands of delivering a property project that's almost entirely beyond anything he's ever had to do before (if he sells up, he could make another fortune selling his services to others who are planning to build a new stadium - i.e. Everton and a few others in the offing!).

“It’s easy for the responsible people such as Daniel to think ‘OK, rather than investing in creating a massive training ground and building a new stadium, let’s put the money into players. Happy? In 20 years, I’m going to be remembered for winning the Premier League.’ But in the end, there would still be 35,000 in the stadium.

It’s how you grow up and have a vision.

It generates income and resources the club will need to be in the top four and have good players. The manager complains, the players complain, the fans complain — but he is working with his people trying to build the new era in the stadium.

Of course, you can tell me ‘Mauricio you are so nice, so kind because if you don’t win on Saturday you are going to be sacked, no problem. But I’ve spent 12 hours a day, or more here and I know how he suffers, how much the people here suffer.

So it seems Levy is suffering....

“The fans only need to be patient, to believe and support the club through a very difficult moment. I’m sure we’re going to have success in the future, with myself or with another manager (why does he always project his own demise?)

“To help today the club in that difficult moment, I think it was my responsibility to be here. I am very grateful to the club, to the fans and to Daniel Levy. When you are in a difficult situation, this is the moment when you need to show that you are there.

(Poch is enacting the band of brothers mentality - and he's probably right to do just that).

“It’s easy when everything is good to be there but when the winter is coming to run away. I think to be there in the front line fighting with all the circumstances that today are in the club, I feel the responsibility to be there.

(So get your tin hats on, put on your body Armour, Poch is going to lead us over the top to win this battle_...if not the war!)

“That is why I am here, and because I’m happy and I think Tottenham gave us, my family, Jesus [Perez] everyone, a lot of things that always we will be grateful for.

(A five year deal that could cost Spurs upwards of £20 mill to settle if he were sacked?!)

“It was a moment to say, ‘I am going to be with you all, fighting against the circumstances,’ because we knew what was going to happen.” (Full Churchill mode there from Poch, we shall fight them on the beaches...)

“For me, it will be the toughest season, and I think if we want success we have to give more than our best. It’s not enough, 100 percent. It’s 200 percent.

(It's always struck me as odd why people think you can give more than 100% - but you can see his point, we ALL need to fight to the bitter end for Victory. Victory or Death!!!)

“We know from inside that it will be hard, the season, and because we are warriors we want to fight. We want to be proud in the end. We want success and not to complain or make excuses. I am a winner and I love the challenge, so that is why I feel I have full energy.”

At this point I'm throwing my metaphorical hat in the air, reached my full height, grabbed my gloves and I'm rushing down the gym to hit the punchbag just to get me fired up ready for tomorrow.....

Poch for PM!!

Last edited:
What is done is done, it would be nice if as fans we could put the window behind us. We need to quit the constant snipping and get behind the club, for me it is getting depressing to see every thread turned into an opportunity to snipe at the club.
There are so many positive things happening at the club, I see nothing but a brighter future ahead. Sure we have some short term challengers, this is a critical season for us.
But if we can get over the challengers of last season and finish third, we can do it again.

As far as this season is concerned the only way we will compete at the top is if Poch himself improves in terms of team selection, tactics and substitutions, particularly the tactics.

As for problems with the stadium, these things happen on big projects usually a combination of over optimistic scheduling and not enough contingency built in to schedule, but the way the club has treated the fans, specifically new season ticket holders, is nothing short of disgusting and does not generate good will.

Fans will always support the team but to ask for sympathy for Levy and his gang is pushing it.

“It’s easy when everything is good to be there but when the winter is coming to run away.

Poch's a Game Of Thrones fan. :rofl:

I recommend that you play the theme to Game of Thrones whilst you read this it does funny things to you....

In an interview recently they asked him which character he was... well physically he is becoming increasingly reminiscent of Robert Beratheon. Worryingly his leadership feels a bit like him too.

What is the difficult situation he refers to. ? He already dismissed Wembley affecting our results so the stadium factor is mute. The only difficulty is not having enough quality in depth to compete with the big boys and that's because we couldn't afford it.

“You cannot blame a person that cannot sleep because he is thinking about how to deliver the best job for the club."

Diddums.

But I agree with topspur, all the shit with the tw and stadium is in the past, let’s just look forward to the games now.

Not surprised he can't sleep at night the way he has duped season ticket buyers when he had no intention of buying players to keep pace with our rivals.

We haven't lost a game this season.Be not downhearted ,but let us cry: we shall fight them on the terraces,we shall fight them at Wembley,Twickenham,Milton Keynes,in fact anywhere who'll take us; but we shall never surrender.

MC..... Chelsea ..... Mu..... Real Madrid ..... Juventus ...yes even Juventus ....... I have never lost faith in Poch.
I firmly believe that nobody else would have taken the job on , knowing what Levy expected , with all the insurmountable problems that he took on ,full in the face . And with a smile .
He has delivered ........maybe not silverware ..it's all subjective ... But he has been a success . He has given me a reason to be proud of THFC again . He has caused worry to opponents with untold millions at their disposal .
If he thinks DL is doing his best , his real best and having sleepless nights over , I believe him .
If Poch and Daniel are staying strong , so am I .

Come on you spurs