Poch on Winks.. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Poch on Winks..

Bang on RD on his debut at 21 he put some players to shame. He was MOM for me but little was said about that which is a shame. Understandably he looked better for England than he does for us. He was playing with inferior and against inferior players.

True. The standard wasn't great. But the signs were good regardless of opponent. Not many young
CM players will run a game like that. I have seen a few over the years for England, Gazza, Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard. Can't think of any other.

Well done Harry Winks....I didn't watch the England game as I was busy doing anything other than watching an England game (TBH, I would've like to watch it just to see the Spurs contingent).

Great news to see that HW is progressing well for both Club and Country. Very nice praise of Poch from HW.

Time for Poch to get into Dele's head and get him motivated.

As I'd been reporting, it's confirmed his ankle is still not right and even after the latest series of injections may not be right for sometime - I hope that prognosis is wrong - his progression and improvement has hit a brick wall and since his return he's pretty much looked like he's really struggling.

He's a class act - I hope they can sort it before next season. I suspect from what I'm being told another op maybe necessary.

Fingers crossed for him.

He has a lot of qualities that he brings that others don't have . Look forward to seeing him next season . I think he may have had a place in the World Cup squad which would have improved his game as well . Shame , but he is still young enough

He is drawing great praise from pundits and Alli predicted 5 years ago Winks would hit the big time . As has been said, he started playing very safe and within himself but I think there is far more to come when he starts expressing himself. His passing stats are up there with Dembele although I think his forward pass percentage is higher.

I really think that this ankle injury and the op has badly set him back, I pray for his and our sake that he can get it sorted in the summer.