Poch now free to join whoever he likes.. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Poch now free to join whoever he likes..

FF has made a good point the authorities have already indicated that they will suspend FFPR until the World resumes some normality.

But they have also said they will expect the spirit of the rules and principles to be honoured.

I suspect they'll not be rushed into anything, another issue is that the Barclay Brothers have badly fallen out and now the two families are vitriolically suing one and another, so already they have a set of shareholders who can't be diliuted (as I understand it) ad about to viciously have a fight in the high court - this already could suspend plans for further finance.

Agree, but you still can't go out and buy the finished article in one cycle. They won't join you as we've learned. At Spurs, Poch made good use of guys like Mason, Wimmer, Benteleb and he eventually built the team we all came to rave about. He didn't get the second wave in though to really make us contenders. Even with money, I think Newcastle will still be in a 3-5 year cycle. I'm just glad Rafa isn't there as I think he would get there quicker than someone like Poch.

With financial backing he could take the toon to the title, why not ? He nearly did with us.

The difference between doing it and not is about £1 billion.....so we know they have the money (well for now), but getting to spend it without getting into deep shite with the FFPR is another problem entirely.

Last edited:
I would really like to see Poch join a decent team and be successful, hes a good guy and gave us some great memories. It didnt work out with us, which is a shame really but he deserves to win a trophy somewhere and I'm sure he will eventually.

He almost got us CL and league glory...first time since Bill Nick over 50 years ago... good luck to the guy...shame he was not Nick..cos then he would still be in charge!...he just fell short.

Watch Newcastle overtake us....sad days...

We really need to pull our heads out and start behaving like a team on the up...not the other way around.

Newcastle have a history of being born losers. Whether an injection of multi millions will see them do a City, whilst achieving it legitimately, remains to be seen. They should be able to break into the top six, but will need to entirely rebuild to do it, they haven't got a single top six quality player currently. I don't think that Poch should touch them with a barge pole, he is worthy of better, and coming off the back end of his Spurs experience, could destroy his reputation entirely. I'm sure however he will relish the challenge, although I've always doubted whether Poch wants to work with the sort of big name players that he will be expected to bring to Newcastle.

Newcastle have a history of being born losers. Whether an injection of multi millions will see them do a City, whilst achieving it legitimately, remains to be seen. They should be able to break into the top six, but will need to entirely rebuild to do it, they haven't got a single top six quality player currently. I don't think that Poch should touch them with a barge pole, he is worthy of better, and coming off the back end of his Spurs experience, could destroy his reputation entirely. I'm sure however he will relish the challenge, although I've always doubted whether Poch wants to work with the sort of big name players that he will be expected to bring to Newcastle.

Let's not forget, neither City or Leicester did it without breaking the rules.

They wouldn't just have to break the rules to break into the top 4 they'd have to drive a coach and horses through them. And from they currently are, it would still take years. It would also give the green light to other clubs to start spending again, assuming EUFA didn't act.

They wouldn't just have to break the rules to break into the top 4 they'd have to drive a coach and horses through them. And from they currently are, it would still take years. It would also give the green light to other clubs to start spending again, assuming EUFA didn't act.

It took City around 4 years to build a title winning team. But they have clearly broken FFP over the years to achieve that.

I'm not a fan of Newcastle so I hope they just waste money like Everton have done over the last few years.

That's twice in the last few days I've heard him called that; you don't know 'Mad' Martino Caputo from Ontario do you? Had a great import business....

No. LOL. Just more brilliance emanating from this great country. Pity none of us are in politics.