Poch getting ready for the off? | Page 12 | Vital Football

Poch getting ready for the off?

It seems to be a circular argument. No one but a top manager is good enough to replace Poch, but no top manager would want the job given Levy’s financial constraints. I suppose the question is what constitutes a top manager. Is it someone with proven success at big clubs where money is no object or is it someone that raises the level of a club above where it should be given available resources.

It is debatable whether Poch is in the latter category or not (as we have seen on here) but in the EPL Dyche, Howe and Hughton this season qualify. Dyche and Howe have repeated the performance for 2 or 3 seasons, but the jury is out on Hughton.

Probably none of them would get the job if Poch were to go but I would love to see an ego bumping into Dyche. I saw there is talk in the Sun of an approach being made to an Italian manager who wants to quit because his team was in contention for the Serie A championship but fell away at the end of the season and the Club president blamed the manager. Seems like a perfect match...Carlos kick-a-ball rides again.

Anyone suggesting where Poch might go? I’ve seen RM mentioned but I can imagine the conversation between Poch and Romaldo......Poch “ double training sessions next week Ronnie and I’ve bought Kane along with me so your job will be to give him the ball to score, Ok?” Ronaldo “ piss off Poch I run this club not you”. Sounds like a match made in heaven.

That made me laugh, but the really funny thing is I reckon you wouldn't be far wrong if Poch did get that job !

This current situation with Poch is reminiscent of the Martin Jol situation. Nice guy, liked by most fans, took us forward but lost the plot and was then stabbed in the back by Levy. Are we about to see a re-run?

Our issue is depth. Our players are tired. Our players are banged up. Our players need the supporters to get them through the next two games. Money means nothing at this point. Mental strength does. And that can only be improved if they know we're all behind them.

Our issue is depth. Our players are tired. Our players are banged up. Our players need the supporters to get them through the next two games. Money means nothing at this point. Mental strength does. And that can only be improved if they know we're all behind them.

And I’m sure they all read Vital Spurs.

VS represents fans thoughts and attitudes. An under current of anger or lack of support could indicate a wider picture. I hope not. I may vent on Poch sometimes but I want him to continue progressing with us.

What does VS have to do with anything?

I thought you were saying that we all had be positive to help the team win. I was implying that it is unlikely to make any difference what views are expressed on here. Those lucky enough to be at the games I am sure will cheer the lads on, as would all of us on here I suspect.

I thought you were saying that we all had be positive to help the team win. I was implying that it is unlikely to make any difference what views are expressed on here. Those lucky enough to be at the games I am sure will cheer the lads on, as would all of us on here I suspect.

Twitter etc. :thumbup:

Otherwise, we are counting on all 26 VS posters. :eek!:

Will be interesting to see how big our crowds are in the next two games. Wembley was half empty last week.

Like I have said the project line can only last so long. Fans, players will get pissed right off. Fans won't go to games players will leave. The warning signs are there. Poch must deliver top 4 next year if he doesn't it's game over.

Will be interesting to see how big our crowds are in the next two games. Wembley was half empty last week.

Like I have said the project line can only last so long. Fans, players will get pissed right off. Fans won't go to games players will leave. The warning signs are there. Poch must deliver top 4 next year if he doesn't it's game over.

If we do win the last two games and end up third it will be a really significant achievement considering the Wembley factor.

BTW we are third in the league for away wins.

It was a horrible cold night on a Monday night at that too - Monday night games (especially as they are only for Sky) are never well attended - yet there was still despite all this over 52,000 at the game !!

It did of course look sparse - and I said exactly that to 80 at the start of the game.

Think you're just clutching at straws to make your point.

Most fans aren't pissed off at all - but they do recognize that since our CL exit and Harry's injury we've not looked the same team...

Do we think he will be here next season.....

I’m 75% sure he is staying - I do however think if he does next season will be male or break.

Do we think he will be here next season.....

I’m 75% sure he is staying - I do however think if he does next season will be male or break.

I was told on saturday that his new deal will almost certainly double his earnings - if that is true and he also signs the extension we'll be putting forward, I can't see next season being his make or break - but this is football and anything can happen and normally does!

Next season will see a new set of challenges. New stadium settling in. New signings integrating, hanging onto the coat tails of the mancs and chavs who have more spending power etc. This season has been a success IMO but next could be tough again.

Next season will see a new set of challenges. New stadium settling in. New signings integrating, hanging onto the coat tails of the mancs and chavs who have more spending power etc. This season has been a success IMO but next could be tough again.

And let's not forget le arse where the manager/coach is going to be handed something like £200 mill plus whatever they create in sales...

As always, nothing can be taken for granted next season.