Poch getting ready for the off? | Vital Football

Poch getting ready for the off?

Spursex

Alert Team
" I think Tottenham need to keep going in this direction, and to create a that winning mentality is not about a few years (i.e. after decades of failure). Tottenham need more time, with me or with another."

he went on:

"we are now competitive."

But to win a trophy, that is not easy. For me now the most important thing is to finish in the Top 4 and play in the champions league. We have played the whole season at Wembley, that is stressful not only for the team, but for the fans.

You have to keep going.

I am disappointed, when the game ended I was frustrated, but quickly move I on, I am thinking of finishing the season in the right way."

So, it seems a few will get their wish - I was watching the game with two very well known agents yesterday and late last night as we drowned our sorrows, both thought that it was a real possibility that he was ready to move on....many reasons were discussed as to why this could be...but they believe he'll be thinking about it hard now and may not now sign the new deal we're discussing with him to make him one of the top three paid coaches in the PL...

I'm hoping he will reflect carefully before jumping ship - he's massively improved us and he's still on that journey - whilst I still have issues with his tactical capabilities that have never truly left me - as of now, I still think he's the best man for the job - assuming he still have the key players support.

" I think Tottenham need to keep going in this direction, and to create a that winning mentality is not about a few years (i.e. after decades of failure). Tottenham need more time, with me or with another."

he went on:

"we are now competitive."

But to win a trophy, that is not easy. For me now the most important thing is to finish in the Top 4 and play in the champions league. We have played the whole season at Wembley, that is stressful not only for the team, but for the fans.

You have to keep going.

I am disappointed, when the game ended I was frustrated, but quickly move I on, I am thinking of finishing the season in the right way."

So, it seems a few will get their wish - I was watching the game with two very well known agents yesterday and late last night as we drowned our sorrows, both thought that it was a real possibility that he was ready to move on....many reasons were discussed as to why this could be...but they believe he'll be thinking about it hard now and may not now sign the new deal we're discussing with him to make him one of the top three paid coaches in the PL...

I'm hoping he will reflect carefully before jumping ship - he's massively improved us and he's still on that journey - whilst I still have issues with his tactical capabilities that have never truly left me - as of now, I still think he's the best man for the job - assuming he still have the key players support.

Concur

Agreed. Apparently he will have a £120m kitty next season, so hopefully he can get some of his preferred targets.

The only reason he is the best man for the job is because there isn't a proven manager out there dumb enough to work with our chairman. Poch has brought into the project. A project that will never win a trophy.

Unless of course Levy breaks the trend and spends the money on a proven winner and just lets him get on with it. If we are prepared to make Poch the 3rd best paid manager in the league then we can certainly attract a proven winner.

So, after another failure Poch wants out!

He fails then walks away. Just goes to show he has admitted he has gone as far as he can with us. Why would you want to hold onto someone who has that mentality?

He knows that staying is only going to harm his reputation because he has won nothing. Going now, he will still attract Real and PSG. It's odds on he has been in contact with Real and no doubt he will want to take Harry and Christian with him.

People are also forgetting that in Pep and Mourinho there are two coaches at clubs with limitless resources who have consistently outperformed every other proven winner we could bring in. So we'd be trying to play the money clubs game, but with lower wages, lower transfer budget and at best the 3rd best man for the job.

Calls for his head have bloody short memories.

Not really. Some just see it differently to you. I personally think fans like yourself are easily pleased.

You will always use the money gap as the reason why we fail. Which isn't always the case. It's an easy get out of jail card. Sure it's not helpful and to most teams makes it really hard to compete. But you have to look at the squads ability. Money doesn't guarantee anything. A team could be worth only a 100m but still have the best 11 in the league.

Poch has helped the club move forward and has helped build a very good team on it's day. He is a good manager. That he has proven.

We have the players to win the trophies even with one hand tied behind our backs. We have one of the best keepers in the league. We have had the best defence, midfield and CF in the entire league for large parts of the last 3 seasons.

If we didn't have the players to win trophies trust me I would agree with you. But we do.

Four season now and he hasn't won a trophy with some of the best players in Europe at his disposal. The time is right to question him. He has had time and fans now have every right to question if he is the man to lead us. I personally think he has taken us as far as he can. I also think this team s about to get torn to bits. It's done. A transitional period awaits us.

I think Poch could still improve us but not enough to win the PL or CL any time soon. Davies has only ever been an ok LB, Aurier sadly was a mistake but KWP is waiting , Wanyama may yet get back to his old self, Winks fingers crossed too. Lamela will have more impact next season, probably Moura too. Llorente was a mistake and we need a quality striker. A string puller in MF to replace Dembele is needed I think.

So LB, RB , AM and CF signings could improve us along with fitness returns on a few players.

Of the cups within our grasp the FA cup is the only one realistic with some genuine recognition and we came close to getting to the final this season getting knocked out by a giant in world football with no disgrace.

Poch still has learning to do for sure. Securing 4th is a must now, get into our new home, make some signings that will improve those key positions and build towards a serious challenge on the PL title.

Where does he go though ?

I still think the mega star, mega money, mega trophy winning clubs wouldn't see him as the right fit, and his philosophy for building teams is not about egotistical stars.

So would he jump ship to go to a lesser club again and start another building process ?

Maybe he thinks the players will now switch off , drop out the top4 and Levy gives him the boot ?

"Not really .some just see it differently to you. I personally think that fans like yourself are easily pleased "

RD that was your response to Freunds post about calls for Pochs head having short memories.

I'm in agreement with Freund , so I find it a bit baffling exactly what it is that I see differently .
I see my beloved Tottenham playing some lovely football , lauded by a lot of 'in the know 'ex professional managers and players ,as one of the best teams in the league
Cited by journo's and other " in the knows"for having a well run club . Keeping financies under control
Moving forward with the best training and welfare facilities , reportedly the best in Europe, for the players.

In the process of constructing one of the best football stadiums in the country .
Bringing on some wonderful "home grown " players .
Having at our disposal some brilliant international stars.
Having at our disposal some brilliant English talent .

What else is there to really appreciate . If it is the fact that it's trophies and bragging rights , then we have not had that for years , not just with Poch .
I've watched Spurs for sixty years . I've had some of the finest football put before me that I could wish for by some of the finest players in the world . I haven't had many trophies in that time to brag about but boy have I loved it .
I just love being a Spurs supporter and I don't think I'm easily pleased. All in my honest opinion mate

Whilst I'm disappointed in Poch for his inflexibility, I don't think this is the time to see him walk out the door. The squad needs to go through a reasonably big transition this summer and I would rather he did it.

We have 3 of the leagues best players in Toby, Rose and Dembele having question marks over whether they stay. We then have others like Llorente and Sissoko who aren't up to the required level. We also have N'Koudou and Janssen who have been out on loan and can now move on. Finally, we have Vorm out of contract and ready to walk away. That's quite a lot of change without even mentioning the vultures after our most expensive assets or the problematic RB slot.

Poch and Levy have their work cut out to churn players and still have a very competitive squad going into next season. They will need to buy well and as we head into the World Cup, a couple of the deals should already be done.

Muttley, we've apparently been in a transitional period for many years now to no effect, all that will happen is well lose our best players pretty quickly if nothing happens next season with the lack of silverware, but of course no FA cup win for us under poch as he deems it unimportant, even though it would have been a good solid base on which to build when we go into the new stadium next season, but he is too blind (stupid?) to see that winning the FA cup WILL lead to a winning mentality in the team.
So we just carry on as normal, forever in that transitional period winning jack and always being the bridesmaid and never the bride.

The only reason he is the best man for the job is because there isn't a proven manager out there dumb enough to work with our chairman. Poch has brought into the project. A project that will never win a trophy.

Unless of course Levy breaks the trend and spends the money on a proven winner and just lets him get on with it. If we are prepared to make Poch the 3rd best paid manager in the league then we can certainly attract a proven winner.

Poch has been allowed to get 'on with it' - but he has had to work within the confines of the available budget.

Levy has not interferred with player targets or forcing sales ever since Poch took over - that said, all targets and new signings are based on mutual agreement.

As for 'Proven winners' in the PL or even in Europe - that is a very very short list of managers, and it gets even shorter if you add to the brief the target of bring one new players into the squad via the academy every season - and essential and necessary part of the clubs long term improvment plan.

If he is to go - I'd once again go get Rafa, perhaps a manager we should have got once before and didn't..

Chris - what you say is true, but it is the reality of where we are. I do believe we had a stronger and deeper squad this season but I don't think we benefited from it due to Wanyama's constant left knee injury, Rose and Toby's injury and contract situations and Winks unable to play a bigger role. Then certain player like Lloris, Dier, Dele Son etc lose form for certain periods of the season. I also think that all these factors meant that Poch lost the plot and refused to play 3 at the back and get our weakest link, the full backs, less exposed. I genuinely felt that we would have moved up a gear tactically this season but I think we're more like the team of 2 seasons ago where we just try to smother the opposition and stick to a rigid 4-2-3-1. However, I think Poch is smart enough to know that he can break us out of that mode.

Poch has been allowed to get 'on with it' - but he has had to work within the confines of the available budget.

Levy has not interferred with player targets or forcing sales ever since Poch took over - that said, all targets and new signings are based on mutual agreement.

As for 'Proven winners' in the PL or even in Europe - that is a very very short list of managers, and it gets even shorter if you add to the brief the target of bring one new players into the squad via the academy every season - and essential and necessary part of the clubs long term improvment plan.

If he is to go - I'd once again go get Rafa, perhaps a manager we should have got once before and didn't..

Poch has still had plenty of money to spend. £110m this season. £75m the summer before. £64m before that and £44m before that. So nearly 300m. We pay decent wages now too.

Agree with you on the fat waiter. Out of all of the proven winners he seems the most likely to be able to work with our dick head owner.

He needs to realise he just not as good as he thinks he is.

Mistake after mistake in big games.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/22/mauricio-pochettino-spurs-fa-cup-play-with-kids

This is just a flounce

He is lucky he isn't getting more stick. His ego can't take it. Why is it all these managers take all the plaudits yet when questioned they just can't handle it?Just take it on the chin and admit the mistakes.

The facts are there to see he can't win a big game when a trophy is at stake. It's driving him nuts but he doesn't have a clue how to get passed this issue.