Poch explains why it's hard to sign players.... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Poch explains why it's hard to sign players....

and people wonder why a lot of spurs fans are getting fed up with the same lame excuses every season.

Like Muttley we have other areas which need improving first and IMO Son is better as a striker anyway. But Poch and his excuses are really pissing me off.

He had a decent back up in Jansen and did all the ground work with him, then loaned him out and replaced him with a mercenary over the hill CF who doesn't fit the system at all.

As always these days, act the victim, seems to work I suppose.....

It just reads the same after awhile

Blah blah blah

I don’t believe for a moment that a player like Callum Wilson wouldn’t jump at the step up

Wrote this yesterday... Didn't post it but it saved the draft - this site is clever now.

I definitely agree we should prioritise CM, LB and RB in that order. I think we're reasonably well covered between Son and our other AMs with the possibility of playing a false 9. We've looked good like that before and Llorente isn't completely useless as he's proven with his recent headed goal and knock down for Kane.

If we manage to sell Llorente in Jan (he's said he wants to go to La Liga) then idk who makes sense to bring in atm.

Yeah because his replacement Llorente was the answer.

He was fine as a squad player until the right guy came along.

Llorente has nothing to do with Janssen. And there appeared to always be a problem between MP and Janssen.

Wrote this yesterday... Didn't post it but it saved the draft - this site is clever now.

I definitely agree we should prioritise CM, LB and RB in that order. I think we're reasonably well covered between Son and our other AMs with the possibility of playing a false 9. We've looked good like that before and Llorente isn't completely useless as he's proven with his recent headed goal and knock down for Kane.

If we manage to sell Llorente in Jan (he's said he wants to go to La Liga) then idk who makes sense to bring in atm.

I agree, the striker stuff is just the go to reason why we don’t sign anyone, despite the fact we don’t need one even if Llorente leaves.

I wish journos would push him a bit more about this.

Him and Klopp have it very easy

I always thought even when he wasn't scoring, he held the ball up well and brought others into the game. His touch was improving as was his vision. I think he won us a pen one game.

He also tried and gave defenders something to think about.

He will never be a top class striker or a first team regular but we never needed him to be. He was coming along fine and Poch fecked it up.
I have to say I agree, you can forgive a players short comings if he gives everything. I did at times think he was trying too hard.

BL - Why in the hell would you want to come to Spurs if you are a striker? The only positive would be having a great seat during each games on the bench...because you sure as hell are not starting when Kane is healthy regardless of his form. (Even when he needs rest!)

Hell I am a Spurs fan and if I was a striker playing right now, I wouldn't want to come to Spurs!!

I agree, the striker stuff is just the go to reason why we don’t sign anyone, despite the fact we don’t need one even if Llorente leaves.

I wish journos would push him a bit more about this.

Him and Klopp have it very easy
That really is warp logic, why would you want the press to give our manager a hard time?

I have to say I agree, you can forgive a players short comings if he gives everything. I did at times think he was trying too hard.

Jansen was screwed from the beginning...he was never going to get a realistic shot...and like some I think we ruined him. One thing is for sure...when he was on the pitch he worked his ass off. Not sure why we would slight him for not getting his goals...it isn't as if any of our players are punching in goals at a regular clip at the moment. (though Lamela is on a damn fine run)

I agree with this to an extent but Janssen let us down in key moments too many times. We talk about wanting the level of player that will move us forward, even in the squad, Janssen doesn't qualify. And he had PLENTY of opportunities.
What?! I can think of a player (PL experienced to boot) who has been given over 18 months to prove his worth and cost almost twice as much as Janssen.... Yes, Sissoko!

Perhaps you have to be Argentine to get that degree of patience from Poch. I think N'kudo and Jansen can feel hard done by.

Could be viewed in that way and I'm not discounting it. But just to be devil's avocado . Maybe Lamela showed extraordinary levels of skill and aptitude which convinced our coaches to persevere.

What?! I can think of a player (PL experienced to boot) who has been given over 18 months to prove his worth and cost almost twice as much as Janssen.... Yes, Sissoko!

A striker has to score goals, that's what they are judged on. Sissoko has other strengths and uses. He has covered various positions when first choices are not available as a starter or sub. Sissoko was used a lot last season and started to prove his worth as a squad player probably because Poch recognised his limitations and strengths.

Perhaps you have to be Argentine to get that degree of patience from Poch. I think N'kudo and Jansen can feel hard done by.

N'Koudou didn't get games at Burnley. Janssen scored 4 goals in a league where an over the hill Adebayor scored 15 (in double the games, but still).

And we don't see what Poch sees in training. Maybe in training Sissoko displays the right attitude & works hard, but Janssen did not? ?

Could be viewed in that way and I'm not discounting it. But just to be devil's avocado . Maybe Lamela showed extraordinary levels of skill and aptitude which convinced our coaches to persevere.
It's easy for us to judge but as you say NRD we don't see how they train or what their attitude is like.

Just so that we know what we're up against; Manure annuals salary bill based on their quarterly accounts will now be around £310 million - Alexi Sachez is on a basic of £350k per week and with bonus's a total of £500k a week.....

Harry has just got a 150k basic per week, which with bonus's might hit £200k...

Just so that we know what we're up against; Manure annuals salary bill based on their quarterly accounts will now be around £310 million - Alexi Sachez is on a basic of £350k per week and with bonus's a total of £500k a week.....

Harry has just got a 150k basic per week, which with bonus's might hit £200k...

How many clubs can afford them wages in world football?