Poch explains why it's hard to sign players.... | Page 3 | Vital Football

Poch explains why it's hard to sign players....

What beggars belief IMO is how we latch on the silliest little thing to have a moan, I sometimes wish we were still struggling around 6th, 7th in the league at least then I could understand this constant whining and whinging.
We now have a fantastic training facility and what will be the best stadium coming on line shortly, a team that has given us CL football 3yrs running. We have had our best start to a PL season despite a horrendous catalogue of injuries and playing away from home, and all some people can do is moan. Shame!

And nothing much has changed in that respect so far,beggar's belief really..

Yeah loads of championship players earning 200k. It's why our entire first team left when we qualified for the CL and no high profile players are signing extensions.

If Carrick's version of events is true, which I have no reason to doubt, then that was utterly foolish by Levy and he deserves a large amount of stick because he was such an important player. That said he's got much better at keeping key players since on the whole (players who push to leave and we get huge fees for aside) and's ridiculous to say otherwise.

Last edited:
Selling Carrick set us back 3 seasons. It was a disaster.

We only replaced him when Modric was finally moved to a CM.

We have improved on wages, but TV revenues have gone through the roof since them days.

What beggars belief IMO is how we latch on the silliest little thing to have a moan, I sometimes wish we were still struggling around 6th, 7th in the league at least then I could understand this constant whining and whinging.
We now have a fantastic training facility and what will be the best stadium coming on line shortly, a team that has given us CL football 3yrs running. We have had our best start to a PL season despite a horrendous catalogue of injuries and playing away from home, and all some people can do is moan. Shame!

And dripping in trophies