PNE (H) | Page 8 | Vital Football

PNE (H)

Even though the figures are out dated it is staggering the difference in wage bills.

Also interesting to see that we are only just above the teams that came up last year, given that people were saying that we bought the title in L1 the figures don't really show that, with both Charlton and Barnsley having comparable figures to ours. Obviously you are right about Luton, those must be the figures for L2.

I think us Blackburn and Charlton being the big boys in L1 were probably the exceptions to the rule, i imagine Sunderland along the same lines, but i suspect a lot of L1 were carrying wages similar to Luton. But when you consider anyone in L1 has tv income of about 1m and is spending 10m+ it shows how crazy football finances are and how vital player sales are for everyone.

Best thing FA could do was make some type of FFP regulation exceptions in the Prem for signing lower league players so we could see more of the money cascade down. Without the Prem clubs buying from the Champ, everyone in the Champ dies, without everyone in the Champ buying from L1 then L1 dies and so on.

I agree that Neil may be on a decent wage, but who else do you think would make up a £6m difference if players are only £13-14m as you say?

The report said ...."The wage bill was £19.7m - including players and all staff - a rise of almost £4.7m on the last financial year. " ........ they must pay their stewards a hell of a lot !

I think it's fair to say that Neil aside, the vast majority of that is going to the players.

I just reread the article and screen shot and you are correct, i read the 13.8m turnover figure as if it was on the player and staff costs. The player and football managerment staff was 17.3m with the remainder of the 19.7 being the rest of non football staff. Apologese.

Still probably one of the lower ones in the Champ but it shows even the thriftier end of the spectrum are spending increasing amounts. Football outside the Prem is becoming like a financial bubble waiting to pop.