PNE (H) | Vital Football

PNE (H)

Arthur_Itis

Vital Squad Member
Cook has done the pre match interview again this week, not really much said to be honest.

Alex Neill quotes about us, can't really dispute them:

They’ve dropped the most points from winning positions in the league. They’re one of them teams you watch and wonder how they are where they are.
"I've seen them against Blackburn, Sheffield Wednesday, Bristol City, us, Derby and they've been good.
"That's really strange to say because they're down at the bottom, but when I've watched them play they were the better team.
"There's obviously something not quite right in terms of turning draws or losses into wins but for the games I've seen they've had more possession and chances.
"Sometimes what happens in both boxes can be the deciding factor."

I reckon it could be a cracking game, both teams will go for it, I'd normally say that after the last couple of results we've bought a tiny bit of breathing space which takes the pressure off the result tomorrow, but I detest our inbred neighbours so I'm yearning for a win (preferably in controversial circumstances just to piss them off as a bonus).

2:1 Wigan

For the first time in a while I’m looking forward to a game. Hopefully we can continue with the recent form and get ourselves out of the the bottom 3.

Would take a draw from this one to maintain the unbeaten run, unfortunately single points won't be enough to push us up the table so I am hoping we scrape a win.

It would be nice to see us come away with a clean sheet and not be under pressure throughout the 90 minutes. Heart says 1-0 , Head says 0-0.

Considering how horrific we've been away from home this season Preston only have 4 more away points than us, only winning 3 and drawing 5 out of 14 away games (Barnsley, Birmingham and Charlton). So they are quite beatable away from Deepdale.

They absolutely murdered us on crosses and set pieces earlier this season, we all know they are our massive weakness so i wouldn't be suprised if we kept 3 at the back to include Dunkley for that reason.

It's a huge chance to climb out of the bottom 3 for the first time since falling in, so we need to be bold and go hard for the win.

For the first time in a while I’m looking forward to a game. Hopefully we can continue with the recent form and get ourselves out of the the bottom 3.
Never look forward to a game theses days. When this curse of a manager has taken his pay off hopefully that will change.
A win at the death against Wednesday and a scabby win against Leeds doesnt change much.
Fans waxing lyrical about our win at Leeds were seething when sides came to Wigan and played eight at the back.
Whats he going to do tomorrow? Bring the lightweight Lowe back or Massey. Drop Moore after two wins with him playing. Who knows with clown.

Never look forward to a game theses days. When this curse of a manager has taken his pay off hopefully that will change.
A win at the death against Wednesday and a scabby win against Leeds doesnt change much.
Fans waxing lyrical about our win at Leeds were seething when sides came to Wigan and played eight at the back.
Whats he going to do tomorrow? Bring the lightweight Lowe back or Massey. Drop Moore after two wins with him playing. Who knows with clown.

Don't let him get to you.
IF we do manage another win then we are giving ourselves a fair chance of survival.

Hoping Morsy can continue to inspire his team mates and keep it tight at the back and we may just nick another win:
1-0 home win and give Joffy another start.

We will find out tomorrow If we have improved after 2wins on the bounce Will he be brave and go for it we do need wins at home now draws realy won’t help us.

Big local derby tomorrow for both sides!Should be a good atmosphere and looking forward to it.I'm expecting it to be a close,really competitive game.We have a bit of momentum from back to back wins and hopefully we can build on that.Everyone at the club has been given a much needed lift.I'm hoping Cook plays a more attacking line up than what did a job on Leeds,as we are the home team and I want to see us start the game positively and set the tone.
KDZ made a good point that Preston caused us problems with crosses in the box from wide areas earlier in the season so it is important we try and stop those as much as possible and when they do come in,defend them much better.
I'd like to see us go back to a back 4 of Byrne,Kipre,Naismith,Robinson in front of Marshall.Pearce has done well,but Robinson seems to have handled last weeks events well and has IMO been our best player so far and should start.
In midfield I think Cook will start Morsy,Evans and Williams with 1 of those behind the striker, unsettling Ben Pearson who makes them tick.I've said before,especially in home games we only need 2 of them 3 in the team,but with Joffy playing Wed(hopefully he's used as an impact sub at least),Windass gone and Dowell injured we don't have too many other options in ACM.Those 3 also worked well together 2nd half v SW so as long as they replicate that and are positive,playing with plenty of energy and driving forward with intent I will be ok with them all playing.
I think Moore will start up front with Jacobs,who since West Brom has improved or Pilks(if fit) on the left and Lowe on the right who hopefully will of had a confidence boost from his late winner.
I can't see any of the new loan signings featuring as Cook has said he wants to intergrate them into the squad for a bit longer.I would be tempted to put the winger Dobre on the bench as an option to bring on as our wingers have been a weakness for us this season.
Head says 1-1 draw,but I'll go for us to win 2-1.Come on tics!!