PNE Fan Comments | Vital Football

PNE Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Forest are the only Championship club not to have scored a first half goal away from home this season. Hopefully, that will continue today.

Be a tough game this, Forest were by far the better side against Stoke last week and had enough chances 2nd half to of won by a 3 goal margin, some good goalkeeping and bad misses prevented.

How have Forest got so bad from last season? Spiraled out of the play-offs and have seemed to continue that trend, they have a decent squad and really would have had them pegged for top 10 this year.

14 players signed in the summer then sacking the manager who signed them. No way can you keep a group mentality with that basket case of a situation.

Any home game against today's opponents takes me back to a snowy Tuesday night in 1964 - I can still feel the flakes hitting my face - and an FA Cup 3rd Round replay. 0-0 after 90 minutes but then just a few minutes into extra time the ball runs loose on the edge of the penalty area at the Kop End and the 17-year-old Howard Kendall swoops on it and lashes a rising drive into the roof of the net past the flailing arms of their keeper - the exultation is indescribable. That was the start of an adventure that went all the way to Wembley where it ended if not in victory at least in glory.

If anyone had told me then that years later I would sit indoors 250 miles away watching the same teams playing on a computer screen - apart from the fact that I wouldn't have known then what a computer was - I would have thought it beyond comprehension. But that is what I will be doing later and though if we score I won't shout out loud as I did then I will still feel a thrill. There wouldn't be any point otherwise would there?

I dont expect much entertainment today. Forest are always dire to watch and are experts at parking the bus. The last few games against them have been worse than watching paint dry.

Find it mental Forest can barely score more than one goal in a game and they had a game recently with Lyle Taylor, Knockaert and Joe Lolley all on the bench.

Flat back 4 against a winger of Knockaerts quality who will be tricky and cheat. Can’t understand the logic.

Browne, Pearson and Sinclair all missing...The game suddenly looks a lot more difficult.

This is a team who are 100% in a false position Who will come good at some point. Lets hope it’s not today.

No goals in that Forest side right now, we score first, we win.

Think they were a bit unfortunate not to get 3 points at Stoke and with the players in their squad, it's very strange to see where they are. It's all been a bit unsettled behind the scenes by the sound of it.

They'll play for a draw just like most games recently. Have only scored more than once in their last 11 league games so very much a team that looks better on paper than on the pitch.

McKenna - “Knockaert here in the twilight of his career”

He’s 29.

Playing ok but two early chances for Forest.

12 mins gone Forest with 3 chances to our zero.

Bunch of over dramatic girls this lot. Scream every time someone breathes on them.

Classic Forest.

Yeah I remember that big Nancy Stuart Pearce.

That Cafu is pathetic. Second time he’s gone down with a scream like his legs been broke.

Game following the usual pattern at home this season. North End just can’t keep possesion for more than 3 or 4 passes and Forest are having much more of the ball. Could go either way this and already I’m thinking a draw wouldn’t be a disaster. At the moment we’re like the away team, just trying to play on the break.

Forest having the better of it no doubt but not creating much.

There’s no way Sow should be on the pitch still.

BBC Final Score match reporter commented that 6 Forest players are wearing gloves - 0 PNE players.

That first half was a complete non event.

This has been rather like Tuesday with our opponents playing a passing and running game and us generally just hoofing it upfield.

Interestingly ingame betting has Forest as favourites after the first half.

We're losing the middle of the pitch, this is I think the big issue.

Thankfully forest's shooting is shite.

Couldn't even guess how much their wage bill dwarfs ours, Knockaert & Grabban's wages are probably the same as our first eleven.

Great save from Samba.

What a save that was.

Crossbar!

Forest riding their luck.

How did Barky's shot not go in!!

Hope we don’t rue these chances.

Forest are parking the Winnebago!

Barky should’ve had a hattrick today.

Oh no. Forest Penalty.

Handball by Fisher.

Fisher. Please leave this club.

0-1. Just when we were starting to look good.

Never a pen? He is blocking the shot with his body there isn't he?

Pen all day long.

Double touch penalty? FFS?!

Shouldn't have stood.

Showed it on Sky, looked debatable but not conclusive for my money.

Deliberate hand ball from the forest player yet no second yellow.

This ref is a joke.

This ref is pathetic. That’s a booking for Knockaert.

Fucking hate bastard forest.

Ref absolutely bottled it. No arguments about the pen but double touch and then the deliberate handball and no booking for Knockart.

Mckenna saying Bayliss has hardly been in the game, is he ok?

He's spent most of the game supporting Forest.

McKenna's a bellend.

McKenna is complete **** when on comms, probably bitter about the way his career ended.

Agreed thought I had the forest commentary at one point.

A bit unfair really - in my opinion. I thought he was quite balanced in his comments. For example, he agreed with the penalty decision but thought the goal should have been disallowed.

All his commentary is effectively: “The team I played in was better than this. I am better than anyone playing.”

McKenna is now defending the referee for not giving the double touch because the conditions are bad.

As for McKenna I thought he was Prestonian (well Chorley) when did he become a Forrest fan?

Tbf he did play for them too.

Let's be honest. In real time it was very difficult to spot. Without replays and slow mo it's very very difficult.

Davies cracks the bar - jammy bastards!

Bar again!

Fucking come oooon! How have we still not scored!?

Forest goalie needs to make his mind up as to which part of his body he’s hurt.

Add time on ref. Reaction of forest players a disgrace.

Looking like this is gonna be the shit end of the variance biting us in the arse after getting the best of it for a couple of games.

We've been much better this half and deserve at least a draw. Bottom line is though, if you waste the first half then you can't complain.

Knockaert has been good today, been a bit more central and added good energy to their midfield.

No idea how figuerido hasn’t been sent off today.

Or Sow.

How on earth is their number 3 still on the pitch? If anything, the failure to give him a second yellow is worse than missing the double kick.

We could play all year and still not score.

So undeserved. Screwed by poor finishing and another crap referee.

Mugged. Deserved at least a point.

We showed little or no attacking adventure in the 1st half against a team with an awful away record.Second half yes we have improved and had three or four good chances and not able to take any. We give away a soft penalty and go behind and then make changes.

Scabby Forest wankers.

Deserve that when you only start playing after 45 minutes.

By far the better team today but we have won games we didn't deserve. Some shocking decisions by the officials today.

Only turning up at half time is a major contributory factor to that result. Forest where there for the taking.

Forest nicked one there rather against the balance of play.

Churlish to blame the ref, I hadnt noticed it was touched twice. We missed so many chances so really only have ourselves to blame on that one.

Today Forest came with experience and deserved to win. Finishing a major concern for us but Samba made two great saves.

Forrest deserved fuck all, they where dog shit. I genuinely worry about you sometimes.

We need VAR now.

Can't blame the ref for the double touch, no referee in the world is spotting that. VAR can fuck off too, sometimes shit happens. Cancel it out by being better and taking chance.

Our defenders appeared to spot it. The ref should be in a better position to see it than them, that's his job. School boy stuff from him.

Have refs got worse eyesight than our defenders?

If a striker slips when they take a penalty then you instantly call for a re-take, doesn't mean they saw it. The video replays didn't show it clearly after about 6 watches.

Handball has to be deliberate to be handball.

Unfortunately under the modern rules this is no longer the case.

It is a fair rule. It was too difficult and unfair for referees to decide whether it was deliberate or not.

Can’t fault the lads too much. We were the better side. A lot of luck for Forest. Haven’t seen a team so lucky to walk away with three points in a good while.

TBH I couldn't even see what they were on about from the TV replays. Any road, that's not why we lost.

I'd have said his right leg was really close and might have touched the ball first but couldn't say 100% from 4 or 5 replays.

If we are honest we have scraped three victories without playing well, struggled to break down 10 men for 70 minutes against Derby, outplayed by Coventry and a 50-50 game against Brizzle. The second half today was probably our best half in weeks.

Obvious deliberate handball by Figueiredo a minute after they scored. No excuse for the ref not giving a second yellow there. Forest would have played 25 mins with 10 men.

Don’t really give a shit about the penalty, We had more than enough chances to score and didn’t take them. Not sure it was a case of descvering to win as it was Forest deserving to lose, there is no chemistry in that team at all, given all their quality. Just feels like they need a complete clear out from top to bottom.

McKenna is too boring for words, he has no excitement for the game. Played golf with him once, he nearly sent me to sleep then too.

I think he's still on the forrest pay roll after that commentary as was the referee for that matter. Should have had a couple sent off plus the pen debacle. Think he'd forgot which pocket his cards where in.

VAR will be the death (a long, slow, painful death) of fans AT the game. It has turned a live event that could be televised into a televised event that you can attend live.

I don’t know what McKenna is supposed to have said that has upset so many posters. To me, he just says what he sees and I didn’t really disagree with anything, apart from perhaps his thoughts on Baylis. I didn’t think he favoured Forest at all and said on numerous occasions that North End deserved something from the game. It seems to me, on this forum, unless a TV presenter, Radio broadcaster, commentator or co commentator isn’t constantly praising all things PNE, they are branded as anti- PNE.

Never thought he showed a forest bias today...he was pretty balanced in this regard I thought, which you'd expect as he's played for both clubs. My main gripe is he's barely fucking literate.

Cheers CP, some very unhappy chaps in the Preston camp along with some hate for Forest. Makes it even sweeter that we beat them.

On balance a draw would have been the right result but after the time we have had, bollocks to it.

Cheers CP, some very unhappy chaps in the Preston camp along with some hate for Forest. Makes it even sweeter that we beat them.

On balance a draw would have been the right result but after the time we have had, bollocks to it.

It should not have been a penalty in the first place; the people on Quest pointed out Grabban fouling the player who fell and handled the ball.

So that's two pieces of good fortune in one incident, not that he have been on the receiving end of good luck so far this season; but it does even itself out over a period of time, all we have to do is capitalise on it.

The last few times we've played Preston I have thought that they were one of the dirtiest, niggliest teams we've faced, so it feels good for us to shithouse them for once.

We were also very unlucky not to get a win there a couple of years ago when Yates had a goal disallowed because their keeper went down pretending to be injured - I guess those sort of things come around.

Why is it that the fans of just about every other club seem to be waving about imaginary red cards every single game?

When did SBC fans become so prissy?

You don't really see it that often on the match threads here
It's either because everyone outside of Nottingham are soft bastards or we're the dirtiest team in the league.

Been a few years since I went but shithole is being kind to the scummy wankers

The place was covered in shit as well, as if post industrial decline wasn’t enough

Why is it that the fans of just about every other club seem to be waving about imaginary red cards every single game?

When did SBC fans become so prissy?

You don't really see it that often on the match threads here

Not just the fans.

Forest were fined for our players protesting that Chalobah wasn't sent off at the second or third time of asking.

Preston players were surrounding the ref to protest against the penalty award, and then to demand a second yellow for Figs when he handled (looked to be pushed, so our free kick as far as I could see!)

He ignored their protests, but he didn't book any of them even when they kept on and on. Lenient.

It should not have been a penalty in the first place; the people on Quest pointed out Grabban fouling the player who fell and handled the ball.

So that's two pieces of good fortune in one incident, not that he have been on the receiving end of good luck so far this season; but it does even itself out over a period of time, all we have to do is capitalise on it.
If you watched the replay and refs position he was never seeing that

Not just the fans.

Forest were fined for our players protesting that Chalobah wasn't sent off at the second or third time of asking.

Preston players were surrounding the ref to protest against the penalty award, and then to demand a second yellow for Figs when he handled (looked to be pushed, so our free kick as far as I could see!)

He ignored their protests, but he didn't book any of them even when they kept on and on. Lenient.
Football lacks respect for the refs...gets worse every year

Cheers CP.

Nice to see the default 'scabby Forest' remark.

I've watched it several times and double kick isn't obvious and whilst we perhaps did get some luck, it's overdue.

I just hope we build on the result now.