PNE Fan Comments | Vital Football

PNE Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
For some reason, I genuinely believe we'll win this one comfortably by a couple of goals.

Team selection will be crucial.

Well hopefully he's learned by now that playing a lone striker who couldn't hit a barn door with the ball doesn't work.

He's not capable of hitting a barn door with a tractor never mind a football.

GOAL - Derby 1-2 Brentford. Howler by the Derby Keeper, right under his body when he had it in his hands on the floor. it squirmed out and rolled in. Yikes.

Forest are quite a cynical team, they take levels of shithousery well above ours. Its going to be ugly and a game where the 1st goal will be vital.

Forest are lethal on the counter attack so I'd like to see a back four, a workmanlike flat 3 in midfield of Browne, Ledson and Pearo, and then aggriculturally hoofing it forward to Sinclair and Bodin running of Stockley's flick ons. Go long and we won't get caught out of position, they'll kill us in midfield with a passing 4-4-2.

Forest fans complaining about lack of pace in their back line.

Forest just camp on their own 18 yard box anyway. They could have a defence all with the pace of Luke Foster and it wouldn’t matter.

Forest will also be perfectly happy with 0-0. We have to avoid being dragged into a slow-motion 0-0 possession-fest.

Good play from Sinclair Maguire and Stockley. Early half chance.

Pen to Forest :(

Deffo a pen, very clumsy from Pearo.

Great start against the most defensive team in the division.

Fuck me that's a soft one.

He just barged him over. That ain't soft.

What on Earth are we doing? We know they play on the counter, yet within 4 minutes we give the ball away (Maguire) in a bad area and they counter us.

Forest are very hard to break down once they go a goal up.

SSN - Matt Le Tissier saying he thought the Forest player slipped and it wasn’t a penalty.

Lol it was a penalty all day.

Forest pressing well and cleverly so far.

Don’t know why people are saying soft pen. It was stone wall. Pearson was clumsy and no need to even make the challenge. That said, as soon as piss weak Maguire lost the ball, Forest were too quick for us. Shame, it’d been a bright start.

Superb ball across, Stockley couldn't miss. Lovely stuff.

Quality from Rafferty, great ball into Potts who put in a perfect cross. Great goal.

Awful challenge from Bauer, deservedly booked.

This ref is already having a shocker btw.

Ameobi is always a big threat against us.

Ref shocking again. Same one that sent Sibley off for nowt so who’s surprised.

One of the worst referees I’ve seen for some time. Must be a Cardiff fan cause fuck me.

What the hell has the ref seen there.

No foul whatsoever!

Again.

Had some crap refs at deepdale but this fella beats them all.

Maguire ffs. Tackled his own friggin man.

Goals apart, neither keeper has had much to do.

Forest playing rolling around after challenge by Pearson and guess what, fuck all wrong with him.

How is THAT a foul too? Ref is shocking.

I generally defend referees but this one is an utter disgrace.

Not much between the teams at the break and but for a very soft and clumsy penalty we may have the lead. Got to say I'm very disappointed by Forest and their antics, going down at every opportunity.

Unfortunately for us the ref has been awful and fallen for everything they’ve done so far.

Rudd giving Forest players and backroom staff a real ear bashing as they leave the pitch.

Decent half really, frustrating to conceede so early. For big lads these Forest players fall over screaming easily and sadly the referee buys in everytime.

They look dangerous on the break but this is there to be won.

9 seconds in and Potts nearly scores goal of the season!

Forest clear one off their line. Close.

Are we playing Forests womens team with all this squealing from them?

Soft yellow card imo

Nah proper yellow that. Just wish the Forest players would stop with the pathetic noises.

I'd be embarrassed if I were a Forest fan. We aren't exactly angels when it comes to gamesmanship but it is pathetic.

Nice tactics from forest to add sounds to every tackle on them. The ref is poor again and forest are playing on it.

What a chance for Potts.

He must score that.

Last ten mins plus stoppage time. Forest seem slightly on top at the moment.

It's been all Forest for the last 15 minutes.

Forest subs have just opened the game up a little whereas ours have stunted us slightly.

Great shot from Maguire, well saved.

I'd have taken a point at kick off but having watched the game I cant help but feel we should be getting more.

All forest have to do is fall over ref will dwindle away game for them.

FT 1-1.

Forest have got what they came for, we needed more than that with Brentford away next up.

Decent performance against a good Forest side. PNE edged the game for me and tried hard for the winner. Unlucky not to get the 3 points.

15 shots 2 on target, the same problem all season persists again today.

Played well today, only really one team wanted to win the game but Forest defended well.

A really good opportunity today and we fuck it up once again. Forest didn’t look all that and yet we still couldn’t come up trumps.

Disappointed we didn't shade that 2-1 but, on balance, a fair enough result.

Thought we were a lot better today & probably deserved to win the game.

Overall we probably deserved the 3 points today but as so often this year it wasnt to be. Thought forest defended really well, blocking everything. Disappointing that forest goal came from a soft pen as they didn’t create much throughout the game. As I often say we seem to find a way to concede in each game despite looking comfortable.

Forest will certainly be the happier camp tonight.

Every team we play folks say aren't any good !

Did you watch the game? Forest were there for the taking. They came to not get beat. Happy to sit back and soak up the pressure and had the occasional break up the pitch.

Surely you can see why that makes it harder for us? They’re 5th for a reason, they’re excellent defensively and try to play on the counter. I think we did very well to pretty much nullify them barring a 10 minute spell in the 2nd half and a soft penalty.

People act like we should just turn over teams that set up to defend, it’s not easy at all and we don’t have the creative players required to do it consistently.

Just shown the penalty decision again on SSN and their players had slipped when he turned with his leg sliding away from him and he was going down before BP touched him. Never a penalty.

Forest had a game plan which they executed very well.

They were very good defensively and we had to be on our game for the 90 minutes as they're very good on the break too. We deserve credit for stopping them from testing Rudd.

Forest didn't really need to counter attack, as we gladly surrendered the ball to them most of the time.

PNE did ok against a very organised Forest side.

Without Lolley and Cash, Forest were severely weakened, and we didn't really punish that.

Jenkinson made a good block.

I remember being present to witness the worst refereeing I've ever seen. The ref was Barry Knight and it was against Forrest away I think. Memory not being what it was can anyone tell me when this was? For those who saw that game and today how did this ref compare?

Sent two off, gave two ridiculous penalties. Today's wasn't even close.

No, todays ref was just incompetent and poor, seemingly favouring the Forest side, but probably more on reputation that outright bias.

I was there at the City Ground to witness the Barry Knight performance under Moyes, think it was in 2000/01. It was nothing more than outright cheating, deliberately refereeing a match to ensure one side won. I have spent half my footballing life bemoaning referees not giving Us a fair Crack, and I acknowledge my own bias , like many other football fans.

But this was different. For the only time in my life I suspected something seriously underhand was going on. No comparison today.

Only time I’ve ever been ejected from a stadium because I was going that mental. All the home end waving to me singing bye bye bye bye.

Don’t see forest getting to the final, whether they play Brentford/West Brom or Fulham. Not greatly impressed.

I do think Forest are a much, much better side than Derby though and they made life very hard.

Forest are quite a cynical team, they take levels of shithousery well above ours. Its going to be ugly and a game where the 1st goal will be vital. That was quite funny, their support were obviously tuned into the very biased pne commentary. The ref wasn't the best for both again, but they put a few dodgy tackles in that another ref might have seen as sending off. They won't make the play offs Brentford should finish them off.

Oh dear. If they can’t see that they were an absolute clogging shithouse of a team themselves then they should pick a different sport.

They can say what they like about us but Fulham or Brentford would murder them in the pray offs.

Cheers CP.

Not sure what they expected, clearly our primary objective was to not lose and hence, we were bound to set up defensively - especially given the anticipated long ball onslaught.

As for gamesmanship, diving etc - like they would have done any different, but that doesn't mask the fact that they were lucky to keep 11 on the pitch.

Same against Swansea - they need the win, so you would imagine Sabri will set us up similarly but it would be nice if we could win a game.

Not sure what they expected, clearly our primary objective was to not lose and hence, we were bound to set up defensively - especially given the anticipated long ball onslaught.

As for gamesmanship, diving etc - like they would have done any different, but that doesn't mask the fact that they were lucky to keep 11 on the pitch.

Same against Swansea - they need the win, so you would imagine Sabri will set us up similarly but it would be nice if we could win a game.

I think we're trying to save winning for the Playoffs.

I think we're trying to save winning for the Playoffs.

Hope so.

We could do with Cardiff drawing with Derby, Blackburn & Millwall drawing and PNE losing at Brentford this week.

Amazing that still no-one relegated, so Barnsley away could be a much tougher fixture than anticipated (Barnsley have Leeds away next), but Stoke aren't actually safe yet either.