Plymouth - Saturday 1st September | Vital Football

Plymouth - Saturday 1st September

pompeyrug

Alert Team
This is the match thread for the "Dockyard Derby"...

Plymouth, much the same as the start to last season, to be honest, have been shocking. Thumped by Posh last weekend, let's hope they don't recover positively at Fratton Park... which would be typical!

We can't take this, or any other game, for granted, but I fancy us to maintain our unbeaten record, at least in League One. Well, put it this way if Plymouth left with all three points I'd not be very happy.

At Fratton Park, we should ALWAYS be looking for the points and be going on the offensive. Do that against Plymouth and I reckon we'll see them off, ideally convincingly too!

Thoughts?

2018-19 Prediction League – September

Plymouth (h) – Saturday 1st September 2018 – click here.
Shrewsbury (h) – Saturday 8th September 2018 – click here.
Peterborough (a) – Saturday 15th September 2018 – click here.
Wycombe (h) – Saturday 22nd September 2018 – click here.
Rochdale (a) – Saturday 29th September 2018 – click here.

Last edited:
Well, put it this way if Plymouth left with all three points I'd not be very happy.
Thoughts?

Well if that happens Rug.. I'll lose the will to live.. :eek!:

Hopefully though, on our present form and theirs.. we 'should' grab the 3 points. Football's a funny old game though.. and Plymouth do have a bit of a habit of springing a result from nowhere.. we just need to turn up and do the business.. PUP.. :clap::thumbup:

PLEASE don't let them go away with the points, a point would be bad enough.

I think, putting aside the fact I don't much like Plymouth, if we don't capitalise on our home games then we can't seriously be considered promotion candidates.

Given Argyle's woeful start I think anything less than a win wouldn't be appreciated by the Fratton faithful.

Well I've wound my neck right out on the Prediction League and predicted a 4-1 win for Pompey.. I will commit 'hari kari via live video link if Plymouth walk away with all 3 points.. :eek:

Well.. I'm not gonna wind my neck back in.. 3 goals are 3 goals. Oh boy, am I glad we put it across Plymouth.

One very happy bunny tonight. Its a beaut of an evening here in France, so I'm going to grab a beer and toast the lads in the garden.. sat under my pear tree.. ha ha.. PUP.. :clap::thumbup:
:party:

First time this season, in all honesty, I'm gutted to have missed a game. Well, not been able to follow it at all really, aside from the sly glances at BBC on my phone whilst working.

BUT, very happy with the win. A convincing one too, which I'd hoped for.

Looks like we've got a lot of attacking talent. People haven't liked what Jackett has done, selling Chaplin and leaving Pitman out, but I think it's hard to argue against what he's doing as the wingers (or forwards as they are in the modern game) are doing the business.

Speaking of business, best get off to work...

Can't argue with those sentiments Rug.. for the first time in a very long time I'm confident in our ability to score goals.

So many times in the past we have flattered to deceive. Not now.. we look, and are, a dangerous attacking side. Especially on the break/counter, when our speed is nothing less than ruthless. We scare teams!

The pairing of Lowe and Curtis looks especially lethal, and long may it continue. We are going to have setbacks, I know that, its early days too, but I'm starting to believe that we are good enough to reach the Championship. I haven't had a thought like that in a very long time.

The heady days under Harry in the Prem are but distant a memory now. However, our ignominious descent from those heady days through the league's has been reversed. Is it too soon to believe once more.. that Pompey, slowly but surely, is the phoenix rising once again..

PUP PPU :clap::thumbup:

Last edited: