• Pitman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ronan (Sub)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pompeyrug

Alert Team
A must-win for Pompey you tend to think so? Defeat isn't an option, is it? Should that happen then realistically we have to kiss goodbye to the prospect of finishing in the top-six? A point has to be the minimum return at Home Park, whereas a victory against, as much as I hate to say it, an in-form and flying Plymouth side would set the Blues up nicely for the last few games.

Plymouth looked, in my opinion, a side destined for an instant return to League Two, given the start they made and how ordinary, at best, I thought they looked when we met earlier in the season. That isn't to see we looked world beaters. However, an amazing run has seen Argyle rocket up the table and look a good bet for the play-offs. What price this fixture being a Wembley final and the ultimate shootout for a place in the Championship?!

There's no doubt Plymouth will feel they owe us one after the dramatic finish to last season when they literally threw away the League Two title and Pompey snuck through the back door to claim that missing trophy from the cabinet. Yes, we want to make the play-offs, but there isn't expectancy as such and you sense the pressure is on Argyle to deliver in their own backyard, which, in all honesty, they've usually managed against the Blues in recent years. The Pilgrims cracked when it really mattered last time, will they again?

If we play like we did against Wigan I can't see any reason why we shouldn't be celebrating on Saturday evening. Given the inconsistencies Pompey has shown throughout the season you have no idea what side will show up? Well, at least I don't.

It is a tough run-in for Pompey, but the best thing is we could leave our destiny in our own hands due to the fact we're playing teams in and around the top-six. Should we keep that momentum going and leave Plymouth with three points we're getting to the place where we can become masters of our own destiny.

Will we win in Devon? I hope so, but I honestly can't say I'm entirely confident we will. Head says a defeat, I hate to say it. However, the heart, as usual, is optimistic and believes Pompey will do the business. What the hell, in for a penny in for a pound, I'm going to predict it'll be a Blue day in a thrilling 3-2 victory, remember you heard it here first!

Having been asked to vote – this @VitalPortsmouth twitter based poll was looking at what we feel will happen at Home Park – with 46%, the majority believe Pompey will win at Plymouth.

Click here for more