please sign grooming gang petition | Page 3 | Vital Football

please sign grooming gang petition

Fair enough, but what would you personally define the right and what is the difference between far right? ..........

Good question. I'm not sure I could define it particularly well, other than list either policies or individuals........ though in turn, this may well be skewed by the leave/remain argument - for example, I don't think I can name a Tory who I would consider to be far right who didn't vote leave.

So, sticking to policies ............... I'd say the right can be identified by the following ...... and the far right as especially so:

Anti immigration
Against Gay rights
Less committed to supporting general human rights
Reducing/limiting benefits ........in many many forms
Assigning responsibility/blame to local authorities (though often without the necessary funding)
Against higher rate taxation of highest earners
Against trade union "power/influence"
Reforming the NHS to a more commercial model
Sceptical of climate change impact
Against subsidisation of services for those in (most) need

Now, before anyone jumps down my throat, I've come up with this lot simply by my recollection of what MPs have said in Parliament, (based on my assessment of their right wing leaning).

A similar list could probably be made of the left/far left ........mainly by quoting the opposite view !

Not sure how but this thread seems to be in both forums despite the Fear moving it?

Speaking of fear, there is little doubt political correctness allowed these awful, racially motivated crimes to be committed. It was full steam ahead under Labour that effectively facilitated this abuse and allowed perpetrators to get away with it for so long emboldening others. These idiots are indirectly culpable for the sexual abuse of young vulnerable women.

Sadly it’s largely been ignored and swept under the carpet by left wing rags such as the Guardian. Left wing politicians such as Abbott rarely mention this as they are selective in what they complain about. Much more important to bleat about century old injustices than deal with ones in this century as it doesn’t fit her agenda as demonstrated by her silence on the institutional Jewish racism within her party. Yet they willingly go after someone who was willing to call it out.

Its a sad stain on British history and it’s imperative that this report is published so lessons can be learnt to reduce the possibility of it happening again and to give the authorities such as the police and social services confidence in addressing it. The law should be upheld whatever the ethnicity of the victim or offender.

Good question. I'm not sure I could define it particularly well, other than list either policies or individuals........ though in turn, this may well be skewed by the leave/remain argument - for example, I don't think I can name a Tory who I would consider to be far right who didn't vote leave.

So, sticking to policies ............... I'd say the right can be identified by the following ...... and the far right as especially so:

Anti immigration
Against Gay rights
Less committed to supporting general human rights
Reducing/limiting benefits ........in many many forms
Assigning responsibility/blame to local authorities (though often without the necessary funding)
Against higher rate taxation of highest earners
Against trade union "power/influence"
Reforming the NHS to a more commercial model
Sceptical of climate change impact
Against subsidisation of services for those in (most) need

Now, before anyone jumps down my throat, I've come up with this lot simply by my recollection of what MPs have said in Parliament, (based on my assessment of their right wing leaning).

A similar list could probably be made of the left/far left ........mainly by quoting the opposite view !

I think a lot of that could be considered a list to describe the centre right too with obvious nuance.

How would you define the centre right by comparison? Same views but just less convinction?

Last edited:
Not sure how but this thread seems to be in both forums despite the Fear moving it?

Speaking of fear, there is little doubt political correctness allowed these awful, racially motivated crimes to be committed. It was full steam ahead under Labour that effectively facilitated this abuse and allowed perpetrators to get away with it for so long emboldening others. These idiots are indirectly culpable for the sexual abuse of young vulnerable women.

Sadly it’s largely been ignored and swept under the carpet by left wing rags such as the Guardian. Left wing politicians such as Abbott rarely mention this as they are selective in what they complain about. Much more important to bleat about century old injustices than deal with ones in this century as it doesn’t fit her agenda as demonstrated by her silence on the institutional Jewish racism within her party. Yet they willingly go after someone who was willing to call it out.

Its a sad stain on British history and it’s imperative that this report is published so lessons can be learnt to reduce the possibility of it happening again and to give the authorities such as the police and social services confidence in addressing it. The law should be upheld whatever the ethnicity of the victim or offender.

Only things i'd add to that MiW is that the Tory Party have been in power for a considerably amount of time and while some steps have been made, they did have the power to do a lot more and lot sooner and haven't. I think May and Rudd both didn't want to know and Javid talked a good game but never actually did anything, hopefully Patel will do something now but until i see it actually happen i'm sceptical. But overall I think that both parties have let these girls down and no one really comes out with much credit.

I think a lot of that could be considered a list to describe the centre right too with obvious nuance......

I thought I'd covered that KDZ ......... I started the list with: So, sticking to policies ............... I'd say the right can be identified by the following ...... and the far right as especially so:

It's simply a matter of scale.

How would you define the centre right by comparison? Same views but just less convinction?

Conviction? Yep.... see above.

I thought I'd covered that KDZ ......... I started the list with: So, sticking to policies ............... I'd say the right can be identified by the following ...... and the far right as especially so:

It's simply a matter of scale.

Conviction? Yep.... see above.

Personally i think the right and left have evolved from where they once were, and i don't think the traditional far right term really fits anything in mainstream British politics today. I think the classic view of far right was more Enoch Powell, a product of a different time with views drastically socially conservative to a point it wouldn't be acceptable today. But personally i think the far right was probably more Pinochet in Chile, where he had right wing principles on economics but became tyranically oppressive with them and abused power.

Guess it shows how easily people can get upset at each other when we have such incosistent meanings to the same terms. I'm sure a load of other folks have different versions too and that all leads to the difficulty discussing politics our society find ourselves in. One persons 'far right' is Enoch Powell or Pinochet and anothers is Reece Mogg or the ERG and i think everyone would agree they are quite different. Same probably applies opposite way round.

Last edited:
Only things i'd add to that MiW is that the Tory Party have been in power for a considerably amount of time and while some steps have been made, they did have the power to do a lot more and lot sooner and haven't. I think May and Rudd both didn't want to know and Javid talked a good game but never actually did anything, hopefully Patel will do something now but until i see it actually happen i'm sceptical. But overall I think that both parties have let these girls down and no one really comes out with much credit.

I’ll give the Conservatives credit as they have actually taken action to address this abuse, though I agree they could have done more and sooner. Undoubtedly Labour and their PC agenda fostered this safe environment for these crimes to be committed and then ignored by the authorities. I understand Patel wants to release the report and is partly why she is at loggerheads with some long standing civil servants who want to stop her.