Please listen to Lisa Nandy with Jay | Vital Football

Please listen to Lisa Nandy with Jay

ZAKKY

Vital Football Hero
I would urge you all to listen to her interview this afternoon on Jay Whittle"s podcast.
It is very informative and she answers a lot of points

I would urge you all to listen to her interview this afternoon on Jay Whittle"s podcast.
It is very informative and she answers a lot of points

To be totally honest Zakky, I found this a total disappointment. I don't believe she is in complete grasp of the situation.

For instance she is talking about the fans owning and running the club and yet the supporters club are only looking to raise £500k. That would not buy the assets we require to be able to play. We would need to raise at least £8-£9 million to buy the assets and guarantee the clubs survival for the two seasons required by the EFL.

She also kept on saying that she has been talking to prospective buyers for the last few months?

Does she know that it's only a little over seven weeks since we entered admin !

I'm sorry but I have said it before that I believe she is in it for the votes and that interview has done nothing to convince me that I am wrong.

Why is the supporters club and Nandy freaking shanking for a local owner, nothing but heart and less the head. We are in the shitstorm albeit better after the press today but this is no time for isolating potential people who will save the club. Some people should know by now that being local don't mean they are the best for the club. They never heard of Lenegan?

Why is the supporters club and Nandy freaking shanking for a local owner, nothing but heart and less the head. We are in the shitstorm albeit better after the press today but this is no time for isolating potential people who will save the club. Some people should know by now that being local don't mean they are the best for the club. They never heard of Lenegan?

Maybe they know Lenegan well and have spoken to him, Eales and Speakman and believe they have the plan, experience and local connection to be good owners? And they don't believe or know the scare stories being put out are false?

To be totally honest Zakky, I found this a total disappointment. I don't believe she is in complete grasp of the situation.

For instance she is talking about the fans owning and running the club and yet the supporters club are only looking to raise £500k. That would not buy the assets we require to be able to play. We would need to raise at least £8-£9 million to buy the assets and guarantee the clubs survival for the two seasons required by the EFL.

She also kept on saying that she has been talking to prospective buyers for the last few months?

I'm sorry but I have said it before that I believe she is in it for the votes and that interview has done nothing to convince me that I am wrong.

Correct. Typical career MP. Her intentions may be good but she's in cloud cuckoo land when it comes to commercial realities.
We appreciate her input, and the publicity she brings, but she's clueless

Maybe they know Lenegan well and have spoken to him, Eales and Speakman and believe they have the plan, experience and local connection to be good owners? And they don't believe or know the scare stories being put out are false?
Lisa has not spoken to Lenegan for 2 weeks. Not sure on the supporters club but isolating people publicly based on nationality don't sit well for me. I don't believe in "local, race or whatever* that makes someone best for the job. Just my opinion.

Her intentions are in the right place, I cannot blame her one iota for that and can only respect her for the hard work she has obviously put in for this club. However, it's clear that her knowledge of the situation in what it entails from a footballing perspective is extremely limited. I suspect her not knowing what the state of play regarding the sale process (the admins keeping that between themselves) is frustrating her, hence calling the press conference a waste of time.

I'd like more information about the finances of the Americans and their intentions before nailing my colours to the mast, but based on the very limited information I know, it is them who would have my vote over any local ownership mainly due to the involvement of Ganaye and the background of the group that includes plenty of sporting involvement (Tampa Bay Rays, Oostende etc). Them combined with a stake owned by the supporters club who would hence command a seat on the board would be ideal.

However I fear we don't have the luxury of choosing our favourite here.

She’s just another politician jumping on the publicity bandwagon. She’s claimed expenses over the years that could now buy our club. Fair enough if she was attending games regularly and we recognised her from that. As far as I’m concerned politics should never have anything to do with sport.

Can guarantee if she wasn’t speaking out many would complain about her silence. Whilst you may not like her for whatever reason or you just don’t like politicians. She’s obviously trying to get her head around a subject she probably never thought about before.

She’s doing infinitely more than Oliver Dowden ever has. He hasn’t said a single thing from the very start.

I respect the fact that she’s trying to help and has raised awareness. But I’ve also seen how other politicians have got involved with issues like homelessness then jumped into bed with property developers who’ve made folk homeless. She is involved with the council and Lenagan who many of us have reservations about, I doubt any of them have the future of the club as their only motive for getting involved.

I think she was more leaning towards the council stumping up the majority of it and using her leverage to help facilitate that!

I can't believe how cynical certain people on here are.
Over the last 12 months there have been cleverer people than High Court judges, Prime Ministers, Directors of Industry Barristers and QC's and that's not counting football experts.
I am really amazed a cure for Covid-19 hasn't already found by some posters on here.
Lisa Nandy is doing an excellent job in trying to save our club and readily admits she has plenty to learn about running a football club unlike all the experts on here.
Give the woman a break ffs

Think some fans are being a bit harsh on Lisa Nandy.
She seems to be doing all she can to help save the club and I thank her for that.If she was doing nothing,fans including myself would be moaning saying that she should be doing more.

As long as she is doing her best to help save the club,I personally couldn't give a toss if she's just doing it to win votes.As long as the club is successfully saved with a decent owner,with good intentions for the club is all that what matters to me.

She seems to favour Lenegan though.After the developments of the last couple of days of him bidding for the ground and not the club I would hope the other bidders are treated fairly and she's not biased and blinded by Lenegan just because he's local.

I must admit at this stage I like the look of Ganaye,who has experience running football in England and Belgium,with the American investors who run a successful pro baseball team that punches above it's weight in terms of it's size.

It’s not me being cynical. It’s the fact that we’re having to stump up our own money to save the club for the second time in months. I’d be surprised if she’s ever attended a game and has now shown an interest. All I ask is why?
She’s claimed over a million in expenses over recent years and is very well paid to do her job anyway. I don’t trust the admin or many of the new folk becoming involved. If I’m wrong the fair enough, it’s just what I think at the moment.

She’s claimed over a million in expenses over recent years and is very well paid to do her job anyway. I.....

If you're implying that she has enough money to buy the club, I doubt she's much experience in running a tinpot football team.

I can't believe how cynical certain people on here are.
Over the last 12 months there have been cleverer people than High Court judges, Prime Ministers, Directors of Industry Barristers and QC's and that's not counting football experts.
I am really amazed a cure for Covid-19 hasn't already found by some posters on here.
Lisa Nandy is doing an excellent job in trying to save our club and readily admits she has plenty to learn about running a football club unlike all the experts on here.
Give the woman a break ffs

The thing is Zakky, you asked people to give her a hearing, I did and posted my opinion.

I gave her a break and found much of what she was saying to be political tripe.

She clearly has little knowledge of business and even less about football. I said previously that she probably doesn't even know the names of more than two of our players. She certainly doesn't know when we were placed in this position as she said several times that she had been talking to people about our predicament for "months".

I don't claim to be an expert, but I can see someone who is trying to pull the wool over my eyes and bluffing her way through.

If you don't like my opinion that's fine, but why ask people to listen to an interview if you don't want them to give their honest opinion on it.