Playoff Watch | Page 2 | Vital Football

Playoff Watch

That’s the spirit. Whatever it takes. Send the management team to vital games to shout and remonstrate with all and sundry. You may not be playing Gillingham, but you are going to feel like you are playing Gillingham.
Oxford lost and got a red card to boot, the filthy animals. Pompey, Blackpool and Ipswich all had the league’s cannon fodder, they’ll have tougher games 👍

Certainly a must not lose anyway. A Draw would not be the end of race.
Technically you are right of course but it would take a near miracle to overtake them from 2 points behind with 6 games left to their 9.

Lincoln bombing though and a fixture pile up looming.

Technically you are right of course but it would take a near miracle to overtake them from 2 points behind with 6 games left to their 9.

Lincoln bombing though and a fixture pile up looming.
Basically the top teams all won today and the bottom teams all lost, so if that continues we havent got a hope as we will run out of games to get points from. We needed to have a few more than we have now to have a chance, still a good effort though given the resources available.

Just hope the top three keep winning (except when Peterborough play us of course) and taking points off our immediate competitors.

Still only an outside chance and I think we need to win on Monday. Stating the obvious, this would get us well and truly back into the race and exert pressure on those around us. Keep smiling, we're not out of it yet.

Last edited:
All fans like us have is hope. If we play a prem side in the cup we dont dispair because there is hope.

it does not matter what the odds are against the playoffs, it gives us excitement for a little while and one team always somehow makes it in the last day. If we don't make it then we have hope for next season lol.

To be in with a decent shout of 6th place, we need 74 points. So 5-1-1 or better from our remaining 7 games. If we achieve that, we'll deserve it! That means beating at least one of Blackpool, Peterborough and Oxford. Monday would be a good start. I suspect some poor results against lower teams will cost us, but at least we have something to keep us interested!

Basically the top teams all won today and the bottom teams all lost, so if that continues we havent got a hope as we will run out of games to get points from. We needed to have a few more than we have now to have a chance, still a good effort though given the resources available.
Alright Debbie Downer 😉

View attachment 47218
As it currently stands.

I’m not bothered about Hull, Posh or Sunderland anymore. Lincoln and Donny stuttering, while Portsmouth seem to be recovering after previous poor form? Surprised to see Oxford down there. I can’t see MK Dons pushing themselves, or Ipswich. I can’t see Donny recovering now.

Lincoln
Charlton
Pompey
Us
Blackpool
Oxford

After three spots. Preferrably Lincoln drop further.
I wouldn't put my money on Sunderland. They have to go to Peterborough, Hull and Blackpool as well as home games against Charlton and Blackpool

At last a sense of realism on this topic. We have no chance of making the playoffs. If by some miracle we do I have Elena's full permission to post one of her bikini photo shoot photos on this forum. Neither of us think it will happen!