Playoff semi final. Thoughts. | Vital Football

Playoff semi final. Thoughts.

MadAmster

Vital Squad Member
A lot will be down to team selection and tactics in this one. Who will FL pick and in what position/role will people be selected? If fit: Keeper. I think we can safely say he will stick with Roos Right back. Bogle CH. Keogh CH.Keogh LB. Malone That was the easy part. DM. I'd go for BJ as he is more mobile than Hudds CF. Waghorn LM. Mount RM Holmes Those were also not difficult. Now comes the hard part. The really hard part. Wilson. Do we play him from the off knowing that it's the DYS who will kick the lad off the park? Or do we start with Bennett on the right to take the sting out of them utilising the great way he and Bogle work together both in attack and in defence. Bring Wilson on for the last 25 to 30 when they are less fresh. Tactically this could be the move that gives us that solidity and helps us win. It is also a risk leaving out your top scorer but, are the goals the only thing he would give us? Hard one and a decision I'll happily leave to FL Lawrence. Another enigma. So much talent. All too often too little application and and accident looking for a place to happen when it comes to tackling. Nearly every tackle he makes is a foul. Can he reproduce yesterday's better performance against the DYS or are the more lacklustre showings of late what we can expect? We might also go 1-4-4-2 to match DYS in MF. BJ as DM, Lawrence at the head of the diamond, Mount left and Wilson/Bennett/Holmes on the right? 1-4-2-3-1 Evans and BJ as the 2 for mobility. Mount Lawrence and W/B/H with Waghorn up top. I can't stop thinking Lawro is far more use inside. He was excellent there for Ipswich. Same with Wales. Why do we persist with him on the wing? These are just a few thoughts. Feel free to add your own.

My naive thoughts stretch to just this. At Pride Park or at Elland Road, Derby County can beat a Leeds United side that must have serious seeds of doubt in their mind.

Leeds... Leeds are falling apart... again.

You can bet we have a whole raft of new signals post Spygate that the DYS won't know. You're righ cropped. We can beat them. The reverse is also true. It's the playoffs. Their record of 1 point from their last 4 games and just 2 wins in 7 mean little. Far less than if Saturday was just a League game IMO. The same applies to our 6 wins, 5 draws and 1 defeat in our last 12. We edge them 31 points to 27 since the Spygate game (19 matches).

Bielsa seems to think we are vulnerable down the left according to an interview. They have had 186 more shots this season than us, There's an interesting stat.

What will happen? I expect 2 tight, feisty fames and much will rest on how strict thee refs are.

Latest Rams News