Playing Super Mario 64 Makes Your Brain Bigger | Vital Football

Playing Super Mario 64 Makes Your Brain Bigger

HeathfieldRoad1874

Miserable Sod
Us Gamers knew we were right, all along.

http://gizmodo.com/playing-super-mario-64-makes-your-brain-bigger-1459029261?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gizmodo%2Ffull+%28Gizmodo%29&utm_content=Netvibes

You know how your mom used to yell that playing video games would turn your brain into mush? Turns out she was exactly wrong. A new study shows that playing Super Mario 64 for half an hour a day over the course of two months causes a "significant" increase in brain size.

I don't want my brain any bigger, it got so big it started sliding down the back of my neck (hind brain hernia) and some had to be removed.

Thanks all the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:17: :17:

It's funny I always hated Nintendo products. They were always behind the curve and looked dodgy. Sega back in the day were better. Then Sony. Do people still buy them?

Yes, last time I had a console was the sega megadrive. Sonic the Hedgehog, brilliant! LOL

i was always a nintendo kid.... i would choose mario over sonic anyday. I had thE NES and then the SNES . Then 3D gaming came out and wrecked sonic and mario Imo

Always Sonic. But Mario on the Wii with the kids now is brilliant, Mario cart, the Olympic thing and so on.

Good way to have a laugh when the weather's shit and do something different.

the 3DO was the machine. The first 32 bit console that played cd's as well. It should have taken over the world, but didn't. I remember customers asking me in my shop if Wing Commander III was a film, and when I said no a game they were amazed. Happy exciting days back then.

[youtube=RpxItq_r7to]

Bloody NES and SNES oh and Gameboy they used bring a new one out every month my lad was well into them and he had to have them it was a matter of life or death according to his mother.No Wurzel they weren't the good old days they were the expensive ones bah humbug.

Exactly the kind of customer i loved Gator, a parent that couldn't say no! LOL.

Spectum 48k then had the spectrum 128k man i luv'd them computers, do you remember Dizzy game Barney?

Ok jumped the gun LOL i realised you played Dizzy silly me, Treasure island Dizzy was my fave and the wizard one brilliant

yeah i rememeber them clive. the annoying egg! lol. Cant remember which ones i had though, i was only young. I also remember a game where a you were a bloke with a jet-pack on your back going through screens.... those were the days haha...

spent more time loading them than playing them

Yeah mate great memories i will send you the link to a site where you can play the old dizzy and spectrum games i plyed them a while back felt like a kid again hehe will post the link later dude bit busy ;)

The Fear - 6/11/2013 09:51

Yes, last time I had a console was the sega megadrive. Sonic the Hedgehog, brilliant! LOL

Ah memories. I loved Sonic, Miles & Robokonik

Wurzel - 6/11/2013 09:48

It's funny I always hated Nintendo products. They were always behind the curve and looked dodgy. Sega back in the day were better. Then Sony. Do people still buy them?

Hard core Gamers probably won't go near them, but fair play, they have dragged in a lot of casual Gamers with the Wii and the DS range. I can't see Granny played Call of Duty, but a bit of Ten Pin Bowling, you try stopping her!!

Yes, I saw that last night, Mike. That was awesome. It was a voiceover though, wasn't it? I didn't think she was actually playing it, or did I see it wrong?

There are loads of Women with DS's, even my Mum. They love the different games you get with them. They are more puzzle orientated.