Players paid late | Vital Football

Players paid late

Oldstripy

Vital Newbie
Sheridan on late payment of wages to players - "I don't want it to distract us, and I don't feel it has..."

https://twitter.com/bbcrns

Could explain the poor performances of late. >:\/

What a mess. Are we trying to rival Fawaz al Hasawi? The thing is, money paid late to League 2 players is likely to have a far bigger effect than those in the Championship who are earning 10-20k a week.

And let's be honest, the team spirit wasn't exactly great before this latest revelation. I can't wait for this nightmare to end and the only way I can see that will happen is if new owners are in place.

I think things are coming to a head. Ray's either run out of cash, or really doesn't want to throw any more down the drain. The transfer window's fast approaching so any takeover consortium will want to take charge at a time when they can influence things.
If there is no takeover, and I think that's highly likely , then we may well limp through to the end of the season with this squad and relegation and maybe insolvency and bankruptcy becomes likely.
Players being paid late is often the high profile bit that confirms how bad things really are. Chances are behind the scenes things are really bad and getting worse.