Players out of contract summer 2023. Who will stay, who should go? | Vital Football

Players out of contract summer 2023. Who will stay, who should go?

Steer, Heaton, Kalinic and Guilbert will all be gone before then. The rest we should be looking to extend soon or sell before they get too close to the end if their deals.

Agreed the squad is getting stronger. And for that reason I think Trez and Steer will leave. Trez has great energy and has been an important player but does not look able to step up to the next level. Steer too risky from a constant fitness point of view and we seem to have better options coming though. Guilbert was signed for the Championship and clearly is also just short at this level.
The next few games will be interesting given the big fitness issues we have and it will be interesting to see who can step up. There are some golden opportunities available to the likes of Ramsey and maybe a few other younger players.

Thought Guilbert did fine when he was called upon in the Great Escape last season (I'm still amazed at how lucky we were). Can't understand DS preferring Elmo, who I'm sure will leave this summer. Only if Guilbert gets a run in the team will we know how good he is. So to me it's an open question, but he's likely to leave as he wants to play.

Steer's a good keeper, far better than Bruce had him. I'd keep him as backup but he may want to move.

2023 is a long way off. I think only Kalinic is a definite leave; he's too far down the list.

Thought Guilbert did fine when he was called upon in the Great Escape last season (I'm still amazed at how lucky we were). Can't understand DS preferring Elmo, who I'm sure will leave this summer. Only if Guilbert gets a run in the team will we know how good he is. So to me it's an open question, but he's likely to leave as he wants to play.

Steer's a good keeper, far better than Bruce had him. I'd keep him as backup but he may want to move.

2023 is a long way off. I think only Kalinic is a definite leave; he's too far down the list.

Yes, with Trez being younger, you would think they would have wanted to see if he could gain some traction wouldn't you? Elmo isn't going to now, at his age.