Players Out Of Contract At The End Of This Season | Vital Football

Players Out Of Contract At The End Of This Season

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
There's some first team starters out of contract at the end of this season.

Madine is a must, I'd like to see Ward's option extended. Garbutt's injuries are a worry, Turton is steady but seems behind a loanee in recent games.
Kaikai has got to be most at risk.

Garbutt - No option
Madine - No option
Turton - No option
Husband - Club hold a 1yr option
Kaikai - Club hold a 1yr option
Ward - Club hold a 1yr option

There's some first team starters out of contract at the end of this season.

Madine is a must, I'd like to see Ward's option extended. Garbutt's injuries are a worry, Turton is steady but seems behind a loanee in recent games.
Kaikai has got to be most at risk.

Garbutt - No option
Madine - No option
Turton - No option
Husband - Club hold a 1yr option
Kaikai - Club hold a 1yr option
Ward - Club hold a 1yr option
We need to push the boat out to keep him here...

Id make offers to Garbutt - Madine -& Turton - and take up Husband's

release 2k , Ward im not sure about.

think Turton misses out due to his versatility in position

It's all about if there's better or there that we can afford I guess.

I'd bin husband he's not special. I'm going to be in a total minority here but 2k had real talent and it's been absent this year if Critch thinks he could release that ability then I'd keep him. Madine on reasonable wages yes but it's going to be a buyer's market i'd guess. We really miss CJ's pace we look too slow without him.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be triggering the options on either KK or Husband, as I can only assume they are on reasonable wages because of the time when they arrived. I would be offering both a new deal at a bit lower though, with KK a priority.

He hasn't lived up to his billing, but he's still a good player for this level (and we'll still be at this level next year!)

I hate to say it but I think you are right IM.
I would rather have points in the bag as opposed to games in hand...

Exactly my thinking, there's the possibility that we go on another unbelievable run - but it's exactly that, unbelievable.

Theres a lot of teams sat between us and the playoffs, and a decent chunk of them have games in hand as well.