Players going forward | Page 9 | Vital Football

Players going forward

So you would prefer us to keep hold of them and not pay wages, debts etc?

You're missing the point. We are powerless to prevent the sales of Robinson and Williams for a combined fee of 4.5m. That would cover the wage bill and the transfer fees owed. Anyone extra who does not have a relegation fee clause must be sold for market value. It's important to pay wages to prevent players walking on frees. Robinsons sale more than covers that. We are actually owed 3.8m in transfer installments as well which will cover then well above what we need. For the next 2 months. Giving us more time to find a buyer and have all bills paid. What annoys me is we haven't yet defaulted on payments anyway and have had the punishment without yet commiting the crime. We should be allowed to be late with non wage payments considering we've been punished already, giving us more time to get buyers in to get proper fees.

We paid 1.8 hes going for 1.5 i believe moonay basically the point i was trying to make is im gutted we could be losing a player who is clearly worth at least 5 million

He's going for £2m. That was his release clause. More than we paid for him.

I'm gutted too, but there's no point making out were selling him for less than the price we bought him.

I heard 1.5 pal but even 2 million is daylight robbery i know we are in the shit but seeing our players being sold at a fraction of there true value is awful but to be honest i just want the club to be bought and move forward from the horrendous chapter in our history

You're missing the point. We are powerless to prevent the sales of Robinson and Williams for a combined fee of 4.5m. That would cover the wage bill and the transfer fees owed. Anyone extra who does not have a relegation fee clause must be sold for market value. It's important to pay wages to prevent players walking on frees. Robinsons sale more than covers that. We are actually owed 3.8m in transfer installments as well which will cover then well above what we need. For the next 2 months. Giving us more time to find a buyer and have all bills paid. What annoys me is we haven't yet defaulted on payments anyway and have had the punishment without yet commiting the crime. We should be allowed to be late with non wage payments considering we've been punished already, giving us more time to get buyers in to get proper fees.

We are owed £3.8m in transfer fees but the EFL won't let us have it until the new owner is in place. I haven't seen anything about Williams being sold imminently, though I've no doubt he will at some point. The only ones being mooted are Robinson, Gelhardt and Moore. Some of the Moore money will be going to Barnsley so that leaves us with next to no wriggle room. Even if any of the interested parties put pen to paper it will be weeks if not months before it's all finalised. In a months time we'll just be a month more desperate. The admin said at the start of it all was to get as much money as they could get as soon as they could get it. It's an unpalatable truth. Every club that's been in admin has sold cheaply. God knows we've taken advantage of it ourselves in the past.

He's going for £2m. That was his release clause. More than we paid for him.

I'm gutted too, but there's no point making out were selling him for less than the price we bought him.
It's terrible to see it but this may be the difference to us having a club and not having a club.
Season tickets which are not on sale may not reach that amount either and that money isn't even in the bank yet.
Wherever we are season ticket sales have surely got to go up this time as fans rally round to support our new club.
I always pay on the day but this year it's a season ticket irrespective of how many matches I can make it too.

We are owed £3.8m in transfer fees but the EFL won't let us have it until the new owner is in place. I haven't seen anything about Williams being sold imminently, though I've no doubt he will at some point. The only ones being mooted are Robinson, Gelhardt and Moore. Some of the Moore money will be going to Barnsley so that leaves us with next to no wriggle room. Even if any of the interested parties put pen to paper it will be weeks if not months before it's all finalised. In a months time we'll just be a month more desperate. The admin said at the start of it all was to get as much money as they could get as soon as they could get it. It's an unpalatable truth. Every club that's been in admin has sold cheaply. God knows we've taken advantage of it ourselves in the past.

Where have you seen that the EFL are withholding the transfer payment mate.

As far as I am aware any monies due would be chased by the administrators and as the company is still trading under administration it would not be legal to withhold payment. On the other hand we owe money out in transfer fees so that also has to be paid and in this case it leaves a small surplus which the admins can use.

Regarding Moore, we will only be liable to pay a percentage of any profit made on the sale, and as it looks like we will not be making a profit there will be none to pay. We do however owe Barnsley payment for the original transfer last year and so that will no doubt be paid from the transfer payments due to us. Same applies to Robinson.

Where have you seen that the EFL are withholding the transfer payment mate.

As far as I am aware any monies due would be chased by the administrators and as the company is still trading under administration it would not be legal to withhold payment. On the other hand we owe money out in transfer fees so that also has to be paid and in this case it leaves a small surplus which the admins can use.

Regarding Moore, we will only be liable to pay a percentage of any profit made on the sale, and as it looks like we will not be making a profit there will be none to pay. We do however owe Barnsley payment for the original transfer last year and so that will no doubt be paid from the transfer payments due to us. Same applies to Robinson.

Which idiot at the club forgot to get Gelhardt to sign his contract meaning he could go on a free in the new year. Talk about amateurs.

Which idiot at the club forgot to get Gelhardt to sign his contract meaning he could go on a free in the new year. Talk about amateurs.

He did sign a contract extension but there was some type of issue at our end with part of the contract not being triggered that only came to light reccently that seemed to mean it wasn't valid.

With this and the Robinson relegation clause being so low - it's hard not to think 'amature' though.

Not true, we would get at least 3 times the figure if we let Gelhardt run down his contract with a tribunal. Looks like Fulham are getting close to 7m for a similar aged player who walked on a free.

Allowing him to go for a fee of 1m means we lose out on a tribunal and massively screws the club over. I'm beginning to have less trust in the administrators.

We have to accept the senior players with release clauses will go and get market value for the rest and then hang on to the youngsters, they don't count in squad statistics until 21 anyway and hold lots of value for the future. Selling the youth means we have nothing once all the senior players go and they will.

Gelhardt move to Leeds now confirmed. Makes you wonder how many players we will have left at this club when this is all over.......

Northern, we needed the money. we had no option. At the time, we could only sell to Premier League teams........... and not many were coming in for Naismith, Morsy, Fox and Jacobs ............. not even Moore.

If circumstances were different, we wouldn't be playing with our hands tied behind our back, ................... but they aren't, and we are.

Who knows, we may have agreed summat that means we get Weir and Devine back on loan. ......... probably not Joffy, as League 1 will be too low for him.

As for the rest of the youth, (especially McGurk), well, they should now be safe, as there's far more money in selling the senior players .............. though even they will go for less than we'd have hoped.

Let's just hope that this next week sees light at the end of the tunnel re new owners.

Not true, we would get at least 3 times the figure if we let Gelhardt run down his contract with a tribunal. Looks like Fulham are getting close to 7m for a similar aged player who walked on a free.

Allowing him to go for a fee of 1m means we lose out on a tribunal and massively screws the club over. I'm beginning to have less trust in the administrators.

We have to accept the senior players with release clauses will go and get market value for the rest and then hang on to the youngsters, they don't count in squad statistics until 21 anyway and hold lots of value for the future. Selling the youth means we have nothing once all the senior players go and they will.

That would have been great had we had time but unfortunately time was not in our favour.

The reason the youth players were sold was to create working capital for the last month, a month when the only players we could sell due to the window not being open were youth players.

As far as "Joffy" goes he has been sold for the same reason but we have managed to get performance related payments and a sell on clause. The performance payments will be based on the amount of games he plays, international performances etc.

If as you say we held out for more money we would probably only have been able to take it as stage payments, which we are unable to do, there are very few clubs that would have been prepared to pay a full market value fee up front.

So once again not amateurish, but sound business sense given the position we are in, and the immediate requirement of a capital injection.

Let this sink in. Crystal Palace went into administration in January 2010 with debts of 30m. We entered administration with no debts have since racked up bills of 5m.

Crystal Palace only had to sell one player for 2.5m, which was not far from the market value and it was to us. The administrators then didn't sell anyone else despite 30m debts as they didn't want to lower the player asset value to deter new owners from buying. They were in administration for 7 months, till the end of August.

We are selling multiple players at a fraction of their value, it's a complete asset strip.

I've gone through the history of clubs in administration, Leeds United, Southampton etc, far greater debts and we given far longer time to pay money, they also weren't forced into mass sales in order to protect the asset value of the clubs for prospective new owners.

Like TB I can't see were it says EFL can take transfer money incoming off the club. 3.8m covers the transfer fees out and the sale of Robinson covers wages for 2 months. This gives us until the end of September before we need to raise more funds, which would likely come through sales of senior players.

Gelhardt on 10th August did not need to be sold, the deadline for bigger problems is more than a few weeks away.

They were in administration for 7 months, till the end of August.

Presumably Northern, given they were so long in administration, rattling up even more debts (wages at the very least), they still had income coming in throughout..... match days, and of course, TV money.

Our administrators have made it very very clear that faced with the current circumstances, it's vital that we get a sale ASAP.

We've no reason to believe that they're letting people go, and for the amounts that they are, if it wasn't absolutely essential.

With regard to "the mystery of Joffy's contract" ..................... from PK:

He couldn’t sign longer than 2 years because only 17 at the time...was told from start agreement was to sign and then extend when he 18...but by then Covid here, then restart, then administration, goalposts had moved. Certainly wasn’t a ‘cock-up’. And wouldn’t have affected fee.