Players going forward | Page 30 | Vital Football

Players going forward

Danny Fox might be going Blackpool- that would be a real shame as we almost certainly could've kept him if we were in a position to offer him a contract and he will be superb for L1.

Hopefully when we manage to get a deal done we can bring in an experienced centre back to play alongside young Obi, other than that I think Naismith is a decent option alongside him.

I really hope we get to see some of the youngsters given a chance to show us what they are capable of. The likes of Obi, Crankshaw, Long and Perry should be involved alongside some of the more established players.

I know that it might be a stretch to play a full season as first team regulars but I would certainly be tempted to give them a few games at the start of the season to find out if any of them have the potential.

It is going to be a long hard season and we are already looking like favourites to be battling relegation so why not blood a few of these youngsters, you never know they just might pull off a few surprises.

Hopefully when we manage to get a deal done we can bring in an experienced centre back to play alongside young Obi, other than that I think Naismith is a decent option alongside him.

I really hope we get to see some of the youngsters given a chance to show us what they are capable of. The likes of Obi, Crankshaw, Long and Perry should be involved alongside some of the more established players.

I know that it might be a stretch to play a full season as first team regulars but I would certainly be tempted to give them a few games at the start of the season to find out if any of them have the potential.

It is going to be a long hard season and we are already looking like favourites to be battling relegation so why not blood a few of these youngsters, you never know they just might pull off a few surprises.

I think they will be given a chance out of pure necessity.

Fox is a good player and leader but hes not cheap considering his injuries and disciplinary record. If we had an owner Id let him go if we could find a long term replacement we could get more out of

Fox is a good player and leader but hes not cheap considering his injuries and disciplinary record. If we had an owner Id let him go if we could find a long term replacement we could get more out of

Due to the wage cap he will be cheap if he can't find a Championship club. The majority of players signing a contract in L1 from now on is probably looking at 2k or less realistically.

It will be a huge pay cut for a lot of players this season and I imagine Fox will be looking at offers for something like a quarter or fifth of his previous contract. Hard come down.

If we ever get bought out the wage cap in the short term probably helps us as it means players like Jacobs, Fox and Pilkington who in the past would've commanded higher than average L1 wages (which we could no longer pay) can't get offered much larger contracts elsewhere in this division.

Due to the wage cap he will be cheap if he can't find a Championship club. The majority of players signing a contract in L1 from now on is probably looking at 2k or less realistically.

It will be a huge pay cut for a lot of players this season and I imagine Fox will be looking at offers for something like a quarter or fifth of his previous contract. Hard come down.

If we ever get bought out the wage cap in the short term probably helps us as it means players like Jacobs, Fox and Pilkington who in the past would've commanded higher than average L1 wages (which we could no longer pay) can't get offered much larger contracts elsewhere in this division.
True but they might just go abroad where the cap is much higher or wont exist and swap pissy weather for beautiful beaches

True but they might just go abroad where the cap is much higher or wont exist and swap pissy weather for beautiful beaches

That is very possible but I suspect if you are only getting L1 offers you probably aren't attracting interest from the foreign clubs who can afford to pay much more.

That is very possible but I suspect if you are only getting L1 offers you probably aren't attracting interest from the foreign clubs who can afford to pay much more.
We dont know they didn't we probably just paid better. Footballers are simply mercenaries. Look at powell mate. Was with us in league 1, jacobs evans morsy yanic and the rest were. None of them would accept 2k then or 2k now. Id rather go play MLS or even china or Japan. The attraction was they didnt have to leave the uk for good money cause lavish lifestyle was on their doorsteps. Some may have to now to afford it.

We dont know they didn't we probably just paid better. Footballers are simply mercenaries. Look at powell mate. Was with us in league 1, jacobs evans morsy yanic and the rest were. None of them would accept 2k then or 2k now. Id rather go play MLS or even china or Japan. The attraction was they didnt have to leave the uk for good money cause lavish lifestyle was on their doorsteps. Some may have to now to afford it.

Of course players like Powell who could easily have got a Championship club wont settle for less but the majority of players short of Champ offers probably aren't going to be attracting lots of foreign interest either. Some will and they will likely go but the bulk probably won't and be forced to accept lower terms and hope to play well enough to drum up the interest and move.

Of course players like Powell who could easily have got a Championship club wont settle for less but the majority of players short of Champ offers probably aren't going to be attracting lots of foreign interest either. Some will and they will likely go but the bulk probably won't and be forced to accept lower terms and hope to play well enough to drum up the interest and move.
Only now he would have got one but not when we took him on. He came here for the money. I think we could benefit from every club being allowed a few marquee names that they're allowed to pay outside of the salary cap guidelines. Otherwise tge standard deteriorates so badly and the l1 and l2 clubs cannot keep academies or star players as they will always be prized away cheaply. Similar to rugby league where super league allow expensive marquee signings to ensure the game is a spectacle and that too talent wont swap codes or go the NRL