Pierre-Emile Højbjerg - Player Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg - Player Thread

I think this acquisition is going to do more for our squad than people understand. If Ndombele gets it together for us having PEH behind him and GLC we are going back to 2016/17. We will once again have a spine.

Jose will probably have to experiment a bit but I agree, PEH is going to add some steel and protect the defence to allow those in front to attack more.

I think this acquisition is going to do more for our squad than people understand. If Ndombele gets it together for us having PEH behind him and GLC we are going back to 2016/17. We will once again have a spine.
I thought ND was supposed to be leaving...knowing Levy that won’t happen until the end of the window so that he can plead poverty during any other player acquisitions and then sell ND to achieve zero net spend....either way I don’t see ND figuring in our team next season.

I can see Hoji losing his shit with Serge, Sissoko and Ndombele. Two dumb footballers and one lazy one.

But the prospect of Hoji, Ndombele, Lo Celso is mouth watering. I can't see Ndombele staying though. Levy will want to break even or make some money this transfer window.

I thought ND was supposed to be leaving...knowing Levy that won’t happen until the end of the window so that he can plead poverty during any other player acquisitions and then sell ND to achieve zero net spend....either way I don’t see ND figuring in our team next season.

lol great minds and all that. You beat me to it. Love the Levy dig too.

I can see Hoji losing his shit with Serge, Sissoko and Ndombele. Two dumb footballers and one lazy one.

But the prospect of Hoji, Ndombele, Lo Celso is mouth watering. I can't see Ndombele staying though. Levy will want to break even or make some money this transfer window.

A showdown is coming; there is supposed to be one scheduled for the return to training at @20th...it's said the club (note not Jose) is determined to keep him.

Hoji is a leader, a vocal one, something we have lacked for sometime.

That's why it's so important for any manager to do their home work on players mentalities before they buy them. A bit pointless buying purely on ability.

There is a reason this club never wins anything under ENIC, we have never had real winners in the side or the dug out. We nearly did a few years back but not quite.

I'm confident he will be more of a captain on the pitch than any of the other lads.

Lloris, Dier, Hojbjerg, Kane. That's not a bad spine of leaders, potentially 4 captains there throughout the team.

For me, the 16/17 team is still streets ahead. To get back up to that level there is a bunch of ifs....

Dier stepping up
Sess and Tanganga making the grade
New RB
Getting the old Dele back
Ndombele becoming the player

For me, too many ifs to really believe we can get back up over 85 points again. I am optimistic though as we have a better manager in charge this time around.

PEH will need to earn respect from his team mates and the fans before he can have any impact as a 'leader'. Being a leader doesn't automatically carry over to your next club.

True it could quite easily go the other way. Our lads are quite clicky so it may take time. I think he will be fine. Most players will like and respect his work rate on the pitch.

PEH will need to earn respect from his team mates and the fans before he can have any impact as a 'leader'. Being a leader doesn't automatically carry over to your next club.

It won't take long I betcha....as we currently do not have a leader in any shape or form...not as if he will be ousting anyone currently doing that role...

I can imagine the scene now. Son and Moura are caught cheating their defensive duties and the opposition scores with Sissoko caught out on the right wing and Aurier caught walking back as the ball hits the net.

Hojberg loses the plot Roy Keane style with the 4 of them and needs constraining by Kane, Lloris, Davies and Dier.

It won't happen a second time :-)