Player Scores v WBA | Vital Football

Player Scores v WBA

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Here we go again, touch of ring rust perhaps, new manager and players, same problem - we just are not creative enough and our ball retention is mediocre. First half was promising but once we went behind we never really looked like getting back into it.

Muric: 3, he's young and can hopefully put this behind him but about the worst debut possible.

Cash; 7, our most dangerous player even leaving aside the goal. Really needs to work on his passing but offered drive and an ability to go past a player that was missing elsewhere. Defensively decent also.

Robinson: 5.5, defensively solid as usual, offered little going forward as usual. In my opinion at least a huge downgrade on Osborn who could have made a difference tonight.

Dawson: 6, tried to show some leadership but too often ended up pumping aimless balls forward rather than the raking passes he can produce.

Worrall: 6.5, slightly better on the ball and in the air than Dawson, promising if not the finished article yet.

Watson: 7, did reasonably well to be fair, won the ball and didn't lose it.

Lolley: 6, rarely got the chance to attack from a strong position. Teams will watch him and it's up to others to take advantage or create space for him.

Adomah: 6.5, good work for Cash but was never a consistent threat. Couple of little dribbles but the jury is out on how much he has left.

Semedo: 7, the most energetic of our midfield. Showed ambition (if not always quality) and drove us forward.

Silva: 6, I was looking forward to seeing him play and he looks technically decent but was unable to have any real influence over the game. Will be interesting to see how he pairs with Carvalho.

Grabban: 6, put a shift in but feeding off scraps.

Subs: Mir (6) looked promising, as did Johnson (6) briefly, Ameobi (3) not so much - awful passing especially.

Lamouchi: 5, early days but he set us up a little like an away team. Men behind the ball, concede space and possession and try to hurt WBA on the break. Rarely looked like working but obviously not helped by a clanger or two.

I think you are pretty generous CP, in all honesty.
Muric - 4
Robinson - 4
Cash - 4 Great going forward, terrible defensively today.
Worrall - 7
Dawson - 6.5
Watson - 4
Semedo - 3
Silva - 2
Lolley - 4
Adomah - 7
Grabbab - 5

Agree with most of those CP, I think Cash looked really out his depth at right back though. Regularly out of position and West Brom seemed to catch on quite fast and point their attacks down that side. Not Cash's fault as he isnt a right back. Thought Semedo deserved an 8, broke up play well and seems to be able to drive forward with the ball and beat a man.

Muric - 4
Robinson - 4
Worrall - 7
Dawson - 6.5
Watson - 4
Semedo - 3
Silva - 2
Lolley - 4
Adomah - 7
Grabbab - 5

How are you getting 3 for Semedo I thought he looked class?!

Out of interest how was Cash out of his depth? He didn't cost us a goal, didn't lose a tackle and was our biggest attacking threat.

Muric 4 nightmare debut, both goals he could of stopped. He did save one at least.

Cash 7 good effort for goal, keeper won't want to see it again. Still not sure he's good enough defensively.

Dawson 6.5 didn't do much wrong passing was a bit off.

Worral 7 bit better distribution, look composed.

Robbo 7 solid if he could add a bit more going forward he'd be very good.

Watson 6 did ok but he doesn't have the legs to recover if plays gone past him, few dodgy moments.

Silva 6 looks to have good ability, also lucky to not be booked a few times. Needs a few games to get to speed.

Semdo 7.5 few good challenges and some good powerful breaks, looks a good loan.

Lolley 5.5 didn't get the ball enough, but didn't look quite on it when he did.

Uncle Albert 7 few good crosses nice link up with cash for the goal, not quite as quick as he used to be.

Grabban 5 unless it's on a plate he doesn't bring a lot, won't do the dirty work.

Mir 6.5 looked lively and wanted to get involved, wouldn't mind seeing him start.

Ameobi 6 one clever lay off after just coming on, should of done better with his header think he may do ok.

Johnson 6 what he did he did well some nice passes.

Lamouchi 6 needs a few quality additions, the bench today was not a top 6 kind of bench.

Out of interest how was Cash out of his depth? He didn't cost us a goal, didn't lose a tackle and was our biggest attacking threat.

Going forward he was fine but there were a number of times they got goal side of him or beat him out on the wing to get a cross in. On occasion he was tucked inside with the CBs leaving a total open space out wide. I don't think we can go all season with him at RB, he played well going forward and took his goal well though.

Muric 4 nightmare debut, both goals he could of stopped. He did save one at least.

Cash 7 good effort for goal, keeper won't want to see it again. Still not sure he's good enough defensively.

Dawson 6.5 didn't do much wrong passing was a bit off.

Worral 7 bit better distribution, look composed.

Robbo 7 solid if he could add a bit more going forward he'd be very good.

Watson 6 did ok but he doesn't have the legs to recover if plays gone past him, few dodgy moments.

Silva 6 looks to have good ability, also lucky to not be booked a few times. Needs a few games to get to speed.

Semdo 7.5 few good challenges and some good powerful breaks, looks a good loan.

Lolley 5.5 didn't get the ball enough, but didn't look quite on it when he did.

Uncle Albert 7 few good crosses nice link up with cash for the goal, not quite as quick as he used to be.

Grabban 5 unless it's on a plate he doesn't bring a lot, won't do the dirty work.

Mir 6.5 looked lively and wanted to get involved, wouldn't mind seeing him start.

Ameobi 6 one clever lay off after just coming on, should of done better with his header think he may do ok.

Johnson 6 what he did he did well some nice passes.

Lamouchi 6 needs a few quality additions, the bench today was not a top 6 kind of bench.
I’d go with that, only from tv though, soz.

Here we go again, touch of ring rust perhaps, new manager and players, same problem - we just are not creative enough and our ball retention is mediocre. First half was promising but once we went behind we never really looked like getting back into it.

Muric: 3, he's young and can hopefully put this behind him but about the worst debut possible.

Cash; 7, our most dangerous player even leaving aside the goal. Really needs to work on his passing but offered drive and an ability to go past a player that was missing elsewhere. Defensively decent also.

Robinson: 5.5, defensively solid as usual, offered little going forward as usual. In my opinion at least a huge downgrade on Osborn who could have made a difference tonight.

Dawson: 6, tried to show some leadership but too often ended up pumping aimless balls forward rather than the raking passes he can produce.

Worrall: 6.5, slightly better on the ball and in the air than Dawson, promising if not the finished article yet.

Watson: 7, did reasonably well to be fair, won the ball and didn't lose it.

Lolley: 6, rarely got the chance to attack from a strong position. Teams will watch him and it's up to others to take advantage or create space for him.

Adomah: 6.5, good work for Cash but was never a consistent threat. Couple of little dribbles but the jury is out on how much he has left.

Semedo: 7, the most energetic of our midfield. Showed ambition (if not always quality) and drove us forward.

Silva: 6, I was looking forward to seeing him play and he looks technically decent but was unable to have any real influence over the game. Will be interesting to see how he pairs with Carvalho.

Grabban: 6, put a shift in but feeding off scraps.

Subs: Mir (6) looked promising, as did Johnson (6) briefly, Ameobi (3) not so much - awful passing especially.

Lamouchi: 5, early days but he set us up a little like an away team. Men behind the ball, concede space and possession and try to hurt WBA on the break. Rarely looked like working but obviously not helped by a clanger or two.

Pretty much agree with this, Semedo had a good 15min spell.
None of them looked energetic.

How are you getting 3 for Semedo I thought he looked class?!

Sorry Ian, thought he was terrible. I didnt see him break up play at all, in fact he was barely on the ball at all. Seemed completely out of his depth.
Second half he had two good runs, and thsts what most people remember, not the previous 70mins when he just wandered aimlessly about.
Hopefully just an off day, getting used to the league, etc.

Muric - 4
Robinson - 4
Worrall - 7
Dawson - 6.5
Watson - 4
Semedo - 3
Silva - 2
Lolley - 4
Adomah - 7
Grabbab - 5

Semedo - 3 have you been drinking or watching a different football match here? I just don't get it and clearly you know nothing about football then giving Semedo a 3.............Joker

Muric 5 Good save second half but shocking for their first – maybe just unlucky for the fluke second.

Cash 4 Not a RB and it showed. Scored and had a chance late on, but spent most of the game being roasted.

Robinson 7 Lost the ball once in the first half but generally sound. Long throws a weapon.

Dawson 7 Solid

Worrall 7 Solid

Watson 7 Solid

Lolley 5 Poor by his standards

Adomah 8 Great flick to Cash for our goal, strength and skill, lasted 90 minutes

Semedo 8 May be a flash in the pan, but very lively today, a class act

Silva 5 Tried to get stuck in but conceded fouls. Not really involved today.

Grabban 6 Doesn’t seem to try too hard

Subs:

Mir 8 Looked eager to get forward, caused their defenders problems

Ameobi 6 A couple of good touches

Johnson n/a Only had a couple of minutes, a couple of good touches again

Edwards who Cash was against had 2 shots, 2 successful dribbles and 4 crosses (only 1 successful).

The guy Robinson was against had twice as many shots, the same amount of dribbles and put in 50% more crosses.

I swear people don't actually watch the game and come in with ideas firmly fixed.

Muric should get zero as it was his fault we lost. Goal keeper who can’t catch. Pantz in goal were 3 points better off already. This keeper is why we won’t be in the play offs & why our manager will be sacked by Christmas

Muric - 2 absolute shocker send him back

Cash - 3 nice goal helped by WBA keeper howler crap RB tho and EVERY team will target him as the weak(est) link

Worrall -4 bang average performance from a bang average player would snatch anyone’s hands off who are stupid enough to pay money for him

Dawson -5 some pretty passes cross field totally pointless but easy on the eye ....slow and won’t play every game a shadow of the Dawson who couldn’t wait to leave us all them years ago

Robinson -4 nice long throw not much else

Watson - 3 if ball watching was a Olympic sport this clown would get a gold medal ...slow ponderous pub player

Semedo -7 looked to be the only one who actually cares unfortunately for him it’s hard to soar like a eagle when you roost with the turkeys

Silva -5 like a Carvalho a great player on paper sadly for him in this league he will be out muscled week in week out ...some rash small man syndrome challenges amazed he didn’t get booked in the first 20 mins

Adomah - 4 “dead legs “ clearly got the football brain but like many in the gigantic 38 man squad has the speed of wind erosion and here for the final pay check

Lolley -4 did nowt if anyone is daft enough to pay upwards of 10m for him would pull their arms off half a season wonder and the money could be used for a striker which we desperately need .....tbh he looks like he’s villa
Bound and couldn’t care less

Grabban - 0 absolute shite looks less interested at work than I do waste of a shirt did absolutely nothing again if anyone is daft enough to part with money for this joker ( unlikely ) get rid

Subs - 5 Mir looks lively rest meh

Lamouchi - 4 looks to be heading home
Before xmas doubt he cares as will get a massive pay off tactics all
Over the place subs brought on too late trying to play the “
High press “ with possibly the laziest “ striker “ I’ve ever seen is bizarre to say the least

Looked like what he is a coach no ones ever heard of with no knowledge of the league he’s gonna spend half a season in at best .

The only sympathy I have for
Him is that he has inherited a shite squad full of deadwood and journeymen . On the flip side all he has done is add to it with more journeymen and deadwood. Gonna take years and bucketload of cash to sort this mess out .

Muric should get zero as it was his fault we lost. Goal keeper who can’t catch. Pantz in goal were 3 points better off already. This keeper is why we won’t be in the play offs & why our manager will be sacked by Christmas

Yep, bang on. Muric has had shockers in pre season and carried that ineptitude into the league. Pants needs to be restored and we tell Man City that Muric isn't good enough, or return him.

Can't see how Muric gets a score. How could he have done worse than he did, short of throwing it deliberately into his own net? Not our youngster, so his mistakes aren't worth it.

Laughable bias that CP gives Robinson less than Cash, when Cash was absolutely hapless (through no fault of his own)

Semedo - 3 have you been drinking or watching a different football match here? I just don't get it and clearly you know nothing about football then giving Semedo a 3.............Joker

No need to get personal mate, it’s my opinion. Clearly you were one of the fans blinded by the two good runs second half, into forgetting that he barely touched the ball first half and the West Brom midfield ran past him at their leisure.