Player scores v Villa | Vital Football

Player scores v Villa

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Where to start, mostly I'm posting this because it makes a fun change for our attack to outperform our defence.

Pants: 6, nervy stuff again. I'm sure part of it is aura, some keepers have it, some don't. It's intangible but perception can be so important. I don't think he's a bad keeper at all, I just feel like he can be better.

Darikwa: 6.5, energetic and tried hard though at times not at his best with the ball at his feet.

Figueredo: 6, harsh red to my unbiased eye but was back to looking nervous.

Dawson: 6.5, slightly steadier but I do wonder if he can consistently cope with 3 games in 8 days.

Robinson: 5, silly penalty - he does need to curb his impetuous nature, and his lack of pace was exposed here. To be fair he doesn't have the best defensive midfielder in front of him. He's been good recently though so gets a pass.

Colback: 6.5, never quite got to grips with the Villa midfield.

Yacob: 6.5, as above really.

Cash: 8, added some end product to his hard work.

Carvalho: 9, busted a gut and showed quality. More of this please.

Grabban: 9, was up for this, looked a really greedy fucker in the best way a striker can be.

Sub: 6, worked hard but nothing game changing.

Karanka: either 4 or 10, I'm honestly not sure which. Did he decide to fight fire with fire, or was it just a game that went completely off the rails. Loved it though.

Don't think I've forgotten anyone...

Oh yeah Lolley: 10. For a Villa fan he pulled no punches. Fucking excellent, don't think I've given a 10 all season. Kudos to the player, manager and coaching staff for his form.

Once again agree with everything. The real thing to add is the quality the defence was up against. Should also add on the replays, the cash goal and last goal by grabban were also outstanding. In fact we didn't score a shit goal all night.

Thought Figs was a yellow. Agree with those scores. My abiding memory though was of a 90 minute ‘what the fuck was that?!’ So much fun though.

here are the nottingham post ratings

Costel Pantilimon: Didn’t have the best game in between the posts. Those three successive clean-sheets seem a distant memory after conceding five. Rating: 4/10

Tendayi Darikwa: Back line as a whole looked nervous and shaky throughout as the home side gave them a tough time. Got forward well enough but needed to be more solid. Rating: 5/10

Michael Dawson: Did weigh in with some very important blocks and clearances but this was not a night to savour for the defence. Boss Aitor Karanka will have been having kittens on the touchline. Rating: 5/10

Tobias Figueiredo: Lunged in with a late tackle which he probably didn’t need to make. Whether a red card was harsh or not, it was still daft and proved costly. Rating: 3/10

Jack Robinson: Given the runaround at times – albeit by a very good player in Yannick Bolasie. Could have no complaint about the penalty given against him. Rating: 4/10

Jack Colback: Midfield was a bit of a battlefield at times as both teams went in full-on attack mode. Worked hard to try to keep tabs on a dangerous Villa attack. Rating: 6/10

Claudio Yacob: Did his best to try to take the sting out of an incredibly frenetic game – not the easiest of tasks, though. Wasn’t afraid to put his foot in. Rating: 6/10

Matty Cash: A lovely finish for his fifth goal of the season and kept Villa on their toes with his constant running. Played his part in a good attacking performance. Rating: 8/10

oao Carvalho: Took his goal very well and caused the hosts problems with some probing runs. Linked up brilliantly with his attacking teammates. Rating: 8/10

Joe Lolley: What a night. What a strike. Scored an absolute peach to add to an ever-growing collection, and had a hand in each of Forest’s other four goals. Outstanding. Rating: 9/10

Lewis Grabban: No stopping this man when it comes to finding the back of the net. Two more to add to his tally against his former club. Rating: 8/10

Makes a change to see the attack get all the plaudits for once, can't remember it happening before this. And I didn't realize that this was Cash's 5th goal either, makes up for some of the stick he some times takes on here. All in all a game for the memory banks.

All in all it was a cracker of a game, both teams going for it and neither could defend for toffee. We'd of been happy with a point before it started, then unhappy we didn't win, then happy again when we grabbed a draw.

here are the nottingham post ratings

Costel Pantilimon: Didn’t have the best game in between the posts. Those three successive clean-sheets seem a distant memory after conceding five. Rating: 4/10

Tendayi Darikwa: Back line as a whole looked nervous and shaky throughout as the home side gave them a tough time. Got forward well enough but needed to be more solid. Rating: 5/10

Michael Dawson: Did weigh in with some very important blocks and clearances but this was not a night to savour for the defence. Boss Aitor Karanka will have been having kittens on the touchline. Rating: 5/10

Tobias Figueiredo: Lunged in with a late tackle which he probably didn’t need to make. Whether a red card was harsh or not, it was still daft and proved costly. Rating: 3/10

Jack Robinson: Given the runaround at times – albeit by a very good player in Yannick Bolasie. Could have no complaint about the penalty given against him. Rating: 4/10

Jack Colback: Midfield was a bit of a battlefield at times as both teams went in full-on attack mode. Worked hard to try to keep tabs on a dangerous Villa attack. Rating: 6/10

Claudio Yacob: Did his best to try to take the sting out of an incredibly frenetic game – not the easiest of tasks, though. Wasn’t afraid to put his foot in. Rating: 6/10

Matty Cash: A lovely finish for his fifth goal of the season and kept Villa on their toes with his constant running. Played his part in a good attacking performance. Rating: 8/10

oao Carvalho: Took his goal very well and caused the hosts problems with some probing runs. Linked up brilliantly with his attacking teammates. Rating: 8/10

Joe Lolley: What a night. What a strike. Scored an absolute peach to add to an ever-growing collection, and had a hand in each of Forest’s other four goals. Outstanding. Rating: 9/10

Lewis Grabban: No stopping this man when it comes to finding the back of the net. Two more to add to his tally against his former club. Rating: 8/10

Lolley gets a goal and 4 assists and only gets 9/10?!

Dawson was given the run around by Abraham's, but he got little help from those around him.

His Full Backs did little to prevent crosses coming in, particularly Robinson, who had a very poor game by his usual decent standards.

He was in two minds every time Bolasie got the ball and gave him far too much space as a consequence; the penalty, most probably born of frustration, was a poor one to give away.

The same applies to Figi, who was uncharacteristically poor; the sending off was correct, he was late and high and gave the referee no option.

Again, a very poor decision born out of the frustration of having a bad game.

Despite the defensive catastrophe the team displayed amazing character, self belief and determination; its getting harder and harder not to get carried away.

Where to start, mostly I'm posting this because it makes a fun change for our attack to outperform our defence.

Pants: 6, nervy stuff again. I'm sure part of it is aura, some keepers have it, some don't. It's intangible but perception can be so important. I don't think he's a bad keeper at all, I just feel like he can be better.

Darikwa: 6.5, energetic and tried hard though at times not at his best with the ball at his feet.

Figueredo: 6, harsh red to my unbiased eye but was back to looking nervous.

Dawson: 6.5, slightly steadier but I do wonder if he can consistently cope with 3 games in 8 days.

Robinson: 5, silly penalty - he does need to curb his impetuous nature, and his lack of pace was exposed here. To be fair he doesn't have the best defensive midfielder in front of him. He's been good recently though so gets a pass.

Colback: 6.5, never quite got to grips with the Villa midfield.

Yacob: 6.5, as above really.

Cash: 8, added some end product to his hard work.

Carvalho: 9, busted a gut and showed quality. More of this please.

Grabban: 9, was up for this, looked a really greedy fucker in the best way a striker can be.

Sub: 6, worked hard but nothing game changing.

Karanka: either 4 or 10, I'm honestly not sure which. Did he decide to fight fire with fire, or was it just a game that went completely off the rails. Loved it though.

Don't think I've forgotten anyone...

Oh yeah Lolley: 10. For a Villa fan he pulled no punches. Fucking excellent, don't think I've given a 10 all season. Kudos to the player, manager and coaching staff for his form.

Cheers CP - pretty much agree.

Just watched the highlights again (probably 5 or 6th time) and I have to say, our goals were excellent.

Amazing that our recently meagre defence had an off day, but I'd prefer to give credit to Villa as an attacking unit - as I have to our own.

4 of the 5 Villa scored, Pantillimon never had a chance - ok one was a penalty - but, I still think that's down to striker error if they miss.

The Villa 2nd goal came through a packed box and dipped just in front of him, then goal line clearance hit Tammy in the plums!

I do agree, for his size - he should be more commanding and needs to improve his kicking.

Hope Yacob is ok to play at the weekend - in fact I hope (other than Figgy) that they all are.

Cheers CP - pretty much agree.

Just watched the highlights again (probably 5 or 6th time) and I have to say, our goals were excellent.

Amazing that our recently meagre defence had an off day, but I'd prefer to give credit to Villa as an attacking unit - as I have to our own.

4 of the 5 Villa scored, Pantillimon never had a chance - ok one was a penalty - but, I still think that's down to striker error if they miss.

The Villa 2nd goal came through a packed box and dipped just in front of him, then goal line clearance hit Tammy in the plums!

I do agree, for his size - he should be more commanding and needs to improve his kicking.

Hope Yacob is ok to play at the weekend - in fact I hope (other than Figgy) that they all are.

Can I just point out that yet again we were targetted down our left...

Can I just point out that yet again we were targetted down our left...

I thought we were targetted everywhere - but thanks for reminding me, how bad it would have been if Osborn had been at LB?

I have to say, if we had Bolasie (a right winger of that quality) you'd want the ball to him as much as possible. Probably like us getting the ball to Lolley at present.

Painful to say, but Grealish is some player!

I thought we were targetted everywhere - but thanks for reminding me, how bad it would have been if Osborn had been at LB?

I have to say, if we had Bolasie (a right winger of that quality) you'd want the ball to him as much as possible. Probably like us getting the ball to Lolley at present.

Painful to say, but Grealish is some player!

In all honesty I suspect Osborn would have been far more suited than Robinson. Extra pace and a less reckless approach to tackling...

Hes got more energy theres no doubt about it but he would have given him all the time he wanted to cut inside. Is Fuentes fit yet? As I said on the other thread, a big issue last night was both full backs

despite the goals i think the scores are a bit harsh. Abrahams , who is a full england internatioinal? was pretty much unstoppable in the air to be fair and i also think each of them starts at 6 just for the effort

Hes got more energy theres no doubt about it but he would have given him all the time he wanted to cut inside. Is Fuentes fit yet? As I said on the other thread, a big issue last night was both full backs

against some genuinely class attacking and hard to read players.. Sometimes you have to just accept that great attacking players are going to leave most fullbacks on their ass on some days, there arent other fullbacks at this standard that would offer any more. Both of the fullbacks have been playing great and the villa game was just a one off gift of a game for al us attack minded folk to savour and admire