Player scores v Swansea | Page 3 | Vital Football

Player scores v Swansea

Yet O'Neill has a 42% win record....

I support managers I believe in. You claim to support managers you don't believe in just for shits and giggles, but we all know that's not even true. You really are the Boris Johnson of the forum

I can always bring up you bullying pensioners and making sexual comments about teenage girls if you want to get into that kind of thing?

You've brought it up three times already lol and just because you were admonished for that very thing...besides I'm sure there's a reason why you became a teacher ;)[/QUOTE]
And perhaps everyone is safer because you didn't

Let's be crystal clear about this, today was an absolute mugging by a physical, direct, negative team who barely deserved a point let alone 3.

Also looked a certain red for us but thanks to the continued refereeing conspiracy against us we weren't down to 10 in the 1st half.

Possibly the ugliest win I've ever seen and certainly the least pleasurable.

Pants: 7, kept us in it with a handful of saves.

Darikwa: 6.5, worked hard to provide width but at times looked exposed. One excellent tackle that was wrongly penalised.

Osborn: 6.5, another who ran tirelessly to support Lolley who needed the favour returned on occasion.

Benalouane: 6.0, hoof.

Wague: 6.5, hoof but a goal.

Watson: 5.0, headless chicken

Yates: 5, despite what one poster thinks he is not a box to box attacking midfielder. Completely out of his depth in this formation with the strategy.

Colback: 6.5, understands space but far too easy for Swansea to pass around him.

Lolley: 8, given licence to play and not defend. Leaves us vulnerable but God we need him.

Cash: 6.5, headless chicken, falling over boy was back.

Grabban: 5.5, a harsh score considering he had 0 service beyond hoofs.

Subs: 6, bar Murphy who gets a 7.5,

MON: 2, awful dinosaur tactics. Completely out of his depth. No shots on target at home for 75 minutes, utterly dominated by mediocre Swansea who were completely mugged. Taking the club back to the glory days of Megson. 3 defensive midfielders and hoofball is a joke.

If he's here next season we can forget any dream of promotion and the chairman will show himself to be an even bigger idiot than we suspect if he's given money to spend on his outdated and ineffective football.
I get the distinct impression you didn't enjoy it CP?? Lots of mention of Hoofs and ?

You've brought it up three times already lol and just because you were admonished for that very thing...besides I'm sure there's a reason why you became a teacher ;)
And perhaps everyone is safer because you didn't[/QUOTE]

Nice come back bacon. Tell me more about turning Colback and Yates into Lampard and Keane.

The first couple of games he played Yates looked like he could play a bit further up and get into scoring positions but the last 4 or 5 games he hasnt got anywhere near a scoring position and I've been left trying to work out what his role is. Colback seems to have the ability to play a bit further up but I'm not sure Yates does yet. I'd rather see Yates playing the Watson role but might be a bit inexperienced to play that role alone. Then have Colback with Carvalho or a new more attack minded midfielder for next season that can put his foot in a bit more. Not quite figured out what type of player Pele is yet either

Let's be crystal clear about this, today was an absolute mugging by a physical, direct, negative team who barely deserved a point let alone 3.

Also looked a certain red for us but thanks to the continued refereeing conspiracy against us we weren't down to 10 in the 1st half.

Possibly the ugliest win I've ever seen and certainly the least pleasurable.

Pants: 7, kept us in it with a handful of saves.

Darikwa: 6.5, worked hard to provide width but at times looked exposed. One excellent tackle that was wrongly penalised.

Osborn: 6.5, another who ran tirelessly to support Lolley who needed the favour returned on occasion.

Benalouane: 6.0, hoof.

Wague: 6.5, hoof but a goal.

Watson: 5.0, headless chicken

Yates: 5, despite what one poster thinks he is not a box to box attacking midfielder. Completely out of his depth in this formation with the strategy.

Colback: 6.5, understands space but far too easy for Swansea to pass around him.

Lolley: 8, given licence to play and not defend. Leaves us vulnerable but God we need him.

Cash: 6.5, headless chicken, falling over boy was back.

Grabban: 5.5, a harsh score considering he had 0 service beyond hoofs.

Subs: 6, bar Murphy who gets a 7.5,

MON: 2, awful dinosaur tactics. Completely out of his depth. No shots on target at home for 75 minutes, utterly dominated by mediocre Swansea who were completely mugged. Taking the club back to the glory days of Megson. 3 defensive midfielders and hoofball is a joke.

If he's here next season we can forget any dream of promotion and the chairman will show himself to be an even bigger idiot than we suspect if he's given money to spend on his outdated and ineffective football.

Cheers CP.

Harsh on Grabban, he had nothing at all played to his feet and the gap between him & midfield in the first half was ridiculous.

Yates had a very poor game, but as you say he is being asked to play a position he is not suited to... I'd also add, that he is probably the slowest player in the side and his lack of mobility will be his downfall.

I thought Pantillimon did well, 2 really good saves and Darikwa did well against one of the best up & coming wingers in the league.... they expect over £10m when he's sold this summer.

Both centrehalves did their jobs - Osborn, no idea why he was played at LB, thought his distribution was very poor - especially first half.

Watson - as bad as Yates! = We did much better when Pele came on!

(Scarily, we had a 4th DCM on the bench in Yacob, Gueddy is clearly out of favour - perfect game for Carvalho, a tippy tappy Swansea side with no physicality and so much space to exploit!).

There are prostitutes that go down less than Cash - does so well in parts, but let's himself down with his Tom Daly inspired tumbles. He also struggles to last more than 75 minutes - which is a fitness issue they need to resolve!

No wingers on the bench, but the substitutes made were the right ones (certainly if looking to protect Grabban) and whilst outplayed, we scored 2 goals from corners, which is a threat we've no had for so long!

Certainly an ugly win.

We haven't dominated possession home or away since MON took charge.
Possession isn't everything, I know, but we seem to be a hoof ball side with little or no creativity.

Thing is we dominated possession under Warburton, but got rolled over far too easily by more physical sides.

AK, as CP says, had more of a balance - but this is not pleasurable to watch.... however, it got us 3 points against a very lightweight, but technically pretty Swansea side.

The first couple of games he played Yates looked like he could play a bit further up and get into scoring positions but the last 4 or 5 games he hasnt got anywhere near a scoring position and I've been left trying to work out what his role is. Colback seems to have the ability to play a bit further up but I'm not sure Yates does yet. I'd rather see Yates playing the Watson role but might be a bit inexperienced to play that role alone. Then have Colback with Carvalho or a new more attack minded midfielder for next season that can put his foot in a bit more. Not quite figured out what type of player Pele is yet either

Playing Colback, Yates & Watson is far too negative - there is no balance to our midfield, there is no support to the striker and we look slow and ponderous - gifting away possession far too easily. For me, it has to be Yates or Watson NOT both and on Saturday's showing, I'd drop both!

There is no one who has vision and at least with Gueddy, you have a midfielder with an eye for goal..... or Carvalho, he can pick a pass and looks to attack, rather than encamp 10 yrds outside our area.

Saying that though, I thought Swansea lacked quality in an attacking sense and once Darikwa had worked out how to deal with James, that blunted them even more.

Firstly, I don't think Swansea are as bad as their league position shows. Some good wins in their records this season and they are getting good plaudits so, despite the thoughts of a routine win, I was under the impression this would be a tough task.
We won. To keep our season alive we have to win pretty much every game remaining to give us a chance of the playoffs.
MON can only see the players in training, make a decision on that for team selection. He may go away after Saturday and decide certain players were not quite up to the mark and change personnel.
Are we good enough to get promoted at the moment with this management team, probably not. Do I want the excitement of throwing the dice in the play offs, hell yeah.

Playing Colback, Yates & Watson is far too negative - there is no balance to our midfield, there is no support to the striker and we look slow and ponderous - gifting away possession far too easily. For me, it has to be Yates or Watson NOT both and on Saturday's showing, I'd drop both!

There is no one who has vision and at least with Gueddy, you have a midfielder with an eye for goal..... or Carvalho, he can pick a pass and looks to attack, rather than encamp 10 yrds outside our area.

Saying that though, I thought Swansea lacked quality in an attacking sense and once Darikwa had worked out how to deal with James, that blunted them even more.

Agreed, when I said Yates in the Watson role I did mean instead of not with. Three CDM's is too negative, our only danger currently is off set pieces and corners. I don't mind how we score goals as long as we win but we won't win consecutive games being outplayed and relying on Lolley to score from 30 yards, if I was a Swansea fan I'd feel very hard done by.

Agreed, when I said Yates in the Watson role I did mean instead of not with. Three CDM's is too negative, our only danger currently is off set pieces and corners. I don't mind how we score goals as long as we win but we won't win consecutive games being outplayed and relying on Lolley to score from 30 yards, if I was a Swansea fan I'd feel very hard done by.

Definitely either or, personally - I would start Pele with Colback and also play Carvalho against Rotherham, Yates & Watson were both very poor and on the back of a thrashing at Derby The Millers would normally seek to shut up shop, but they need wins at home!

The Swansea fans are putting under the 'same old, same old category'. They are in real trouble off the field, with many staff offer voluntary redundancy on Friday!