Player scores v Swansea | Vital Football

Player scores v Swansea

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Let's be crystal clear about this, today was an absolute mugging by a physical, direct, negative team who barely deserved a point let alone 3.

Also looked a certain red for us but thanks to the continued refereeing conspiracy against us we weren't down to 10 in the 1st half.

Possibly the ugliest win I've ever seen and certainly the least pleasurable.

Pants: 7, kept us in it with a handful of saves.

Darikwa: 6.5, worked hard to provide width but at times looked exposed. One excellent tackle that was wrongly penalised.

Osborn: 6.5, another who ran tirelessly to support Lolley who needed the favour returned on occasion.

Benalouane: 6.0, hoof.

Wague: 6.5, hoof but a goal.

Watson: 5.0, headless chicken

Yates: 5, despite what one poster thinks he is not a box to box attacking midfielder. Completely out of his depth in this formation with the strategy.

Colback: 6.5, understands space but far too easy for Swansea to pass around him.

Lolley: 8, given licence to play and not defend. Leaves us vulnerable but God we need him.

Cash: 6.5, headless chicken, falling over boy was back.

Grabban: 5.5, a harsh score considering he had 0 service beyond hoofs.

Subs: 6, bar Murphy who gets a 7.5,

MON: 2, awful dinosaur tactics. Completely out of his depth. No shots on target at home for 75 minutes, utterly dominated by mediocre Swansea who were completely mugged. Taking the club back to the glory days of Megson. 3 defensive midfielders and hoofball is a joke.

If he's here next season we can forget any dream of promotion and the chairman will show himself to be an even bigger idiot than we suspect if he's given money to spend on his outdated and ineffective football.

Might agree with you re MON's tactics except Swansea played very well - not sure how any personnel changes make a difference when you can't get near the ball - yet we won! That should give MON at least 5.

Not sure what the certain red was, but the ref gave them a lot. How they only got one yellow I have no idea.

Typical tactics to say 'mediocre Swansea' to devalue our win. Did you actually watch the game? In what way would you say they were mediocre?

Typical tactics to say 'mediocre Swansea' to devalue our win. Did you actually watch the game? In what way would you say they were mediocre?

The league table says they're mediocre, 14th is a mediocre position. I know you don't like numbers or facts but that's a mediocre position to be.

Might agree with you re MON's tactics except Swansea played very well - not sure how any personnel changes make a difference when you can't get near the ball - yet we won! That should give MON at least 5.

Not sure what the certain red was, but the ref gave them a lot. How they only got one yellow I have no idea.

We couldn't get near the ball because he picked 3 defensive midfielders and instructed our centre backs to hoof it while leaving much more technical players on the bench.

The league table says they're mediocre, 14th is a mediocre position. I know you don't like numbers or facts but that's a mediocre position to be.
Ignore the point again and quote stats - that's your way, I suppose.

I was talking about today's game and how well Swansea passed and moved. Not mediocre at all. I suppose you'll say that was down to MON's team selection.

As I recall, we had enough possession first half to have created much more. Final ball was poor again. Nothing to do with team selection, though I'd agree with you that Pele or Carvalho in the starting lineup (for Yates or Watson) would be better. Lolley was poor until his late corners which won us the game.

In the past few years we have been like that Swansea team...losing games to set pieces although being a better side. What do we prefer?

As I recall, we had enough possession first half to have created much more. Final ball was poor again. Nothing to do with team selection, though I'd agree with you that Pele or Carvalho in the starting lineup (for Yates or Watson) would be better. Lolley was poor until his late corners which won us the game.

Then you recall poorly, Swansea had 70% possession.

And yes it was down to our tactics as much as theirs: we hoofed the ball constantly giving away posession, played an immobile, technically poor middle 3 so we couldn't retain posession or create.

That was bloody awful!

As soon as I saw the line up I knew we would be set up to contain, hoof and try and nick a goal (or two).

30% possession at home?About as far from what I want to see as it’s possible to get and worryingly the win will be seen as a vindication of his tactics so we are likely to see more of this not less.

Pants gets a 7 but otherwise it’s 4s all round with MoN getting a 2.

The better team lost today and I am almost ashamed to be a Forest fan after that.

Then you recall poorly, Swansea had 70% possession.

And yes it was down to our tactics as much as theirs: we hoofed the ball constantly giving away posession, played an immobile, technically poor middle 3 so we couldn't retain posession or create.
As ever you hide behind stats.

All I said was 'we had enough possession first half to have created much more'. Not 'we had more possession than them' - I was annoyed that we didn't make more of the times when we approached their penalty area. Clearly these were not the times when we hoofed the ball.

That was bloody awful!

As soon as I saw the line up I knew we would be set up to contain, hoof and try and nick a goal (or two).

30% possession at home?About as far from what I want to see as it’s possible to get and worryingly the win will be seen as a vindication of his tactics so we are likely to see more of this not less.

Pants gets a 7 but otherwise it’s 4s all round with MoN getting a 2.

The better team lost today and I am almost ashamed to be a Forest fan after that.
Agree totally, I wasn’t going to read them, and say if anyone got more than 5, apart from pantillimon, it was wrong. You’re normally pretty accurate CP, but you have got this way, way wrong.

As ever you hide behind stats.

All I said was 'we had enough possession first half to have created much more'. Not 'we had more possession than them' - I was annoyed that we didn't make more of the times when we approached their penalty area. Clearly these were not the times when we hoofed the ball.

Yes, curse me for hiding behind facts. What a cheap thing to do.

No no, you're quite right a midtable team in disarray off the pitch should be having 70% possession away from home while we create ooodles of chances with hoofball.