Player scores v Rotherham | Page 2 | Vital Football

Player scores v Rotherham

Not patronising at all. If you’d have read my post, which you obviously haven’t, I said we were lucky Rotherham didn’t have their shooting boots on, but hey ho. We didn’t give the ball away by only passing it either. Guedioura couldn’t even control the sodding thing, it just kept bouncing off him, and straight to a Rotherham player. And in the first half, Robinson and Osborn were totally wide open, but we were just passing in triangles between Fox, Hef and whoever, it was ridiculous
I do respect your opinion on here and everyone else’s as we all see things differently. Just don’t talk to me like a four year old, it grates a bit.

I would never talk down to anyone it's just the way you see it in print - I only try to say it as I see it which makes my opinion differ to yours.

Fox , Lolley ,Hef & Janko 7.
Carvalho 6.5
Geddy 5 , he was poor .
Osborn 5.5 , at times yesterday he looked like he'd never played football before , winning the penalty gained him half a point , real bad day by his standards but he doesn't seem to have that many nowadays.
Watson 4. Can't win headers , always a yard off winning tackles and always negative passing . He's without doubt a hindrance to the team.
Everyone else 6.

Those old enough to remember will know Cloughy often send them out and said, this will be shit but if we get one before the 90th minute its all good.. so im in that mindset at the moment

Pants: 7, dealt fairly well with the little he had to.

Janko: 7.5, looks promising, good physical presence and offers himself well going forward.

Robinson: 6.5, one excellent intervention but he slows our play down a touch too much. Got to provide more width in this formation.

Hefele: 7.5, strong and solid.

Fox: 7.5, another good game from Danny and as he realised our central two midfielders were ineffective began to step forward, creating space and pinging the odd good pass.

Watson: 6, huffs and puffs but he's not blowing any houses down.

Gueddy: 6, peripheral at best. His was magnificent early in the season but isn't dictating in that fashion currently.

Osborn: 6.5, busy but largely ineffective, important that he kept trying though.

Dias: 6, flashes of talent but little end product.

Carvalho: 6.5, as above but a couple more flashes.

Grabban: 6.5, no real threat in behind their defence, kept her nerve at least.

Subs: Lolley one important contribution with Ben late on otherwise so so, Cash had little impact and why Bridcutt wasn't brought on 20 minutes earlier I've no idea.

Karanka: 6.5, tried to change things when it became obvious we were being comfortably snuffed out but he's torn between letting the handbrake off and his natural instinct to keep things tight. Today was a day for the latter.

Again a pretty fair summary CP.

I'd have brought Lolley and Bridcutt on earlier - definitely the type of game for Lolley's direct running style.

Nice to see some defensive solidity.

Benny got us the penalty, which determined the result, but I thought he wasn't at his best, giving the ball away too much.

It was never going to be a match you will remember it was just about the three points and i think we need to get used to watching similar games this season at home.