Player scores v Preston | Vital Football

Player scores v Preston

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Today exposed the lie that any team can beat any team in the championship. The truth is that any team can lose to any team through being unable to sustain any type of quality. Not a terrible performance, just no real cut to it.

Pants: 6, made a couple of saves but could have done better for the goal.

Darikwa: 7, maybe the best player on the pitch which isn't saying a great deal.

Osborn: 7, offered a little more going forward than we usually see down the left but only a little.

Hefele: 6, clumsy clumsy clumsy.

Robinson: 6, slow in thought and deed.

Colback: 6, there wasn't much of a midfield battle to be won so seemed redundant at times.

Jacob: 6, as above. Neither offered creativity or pace to our game.

Cash: 7, lots of hurly burly no real quality.

Carvalho: 6, didn't have the impact he's had of late.

Lolley: 6, another of the boil today.

Grabban: 6.5, a striker feeding on scraps. He'll rarely create for himself so we need to get quality into him.

Subs: 6, huffed and puffed but didn't blow any houses down.

Karanka: 6, not sure why he went for two identical players in the centre of the park. Absence of Gueddy left us short of any creativity. Today he was Karankered.

Today exposed the lie that any team can beat any team in the championship. The truth is that any team can lose to any team through being unable to sustain any type of quality. Not a terrible performance, just no real cut to it.

Pants: 6, made a couple of saves but could have done better for the goal.

Darikwa: 7, maybe the best player on the pitch which isn't saying a great deal.

Osborn: 7, offered a little more going forward than we usually see down the left but only a little.

Hefele: 6, clumsy clumsy clumsy.

Robinson: 6, slow in thought and deed.

Colback: 6, there wasn't much of a midfield battle to be won so seemed redundant at times.

Jacob: 6, as above. Neither offered creativity or pace to our game.

Cash: 7, lots of hurly burly no real quality.

Carvalho: 6, didn't have the impact he's had of late.

Lolley: 6, another of the boil today.

Grabban: 6.5, a striker feeding on scraps. He'll rarely create for himself so we need to get quality into him.

Subs: 6, huffed and puffed but didn't blow any houses down.

Karanka: 6, not sure why he went for two identical players in the centre of the park. Absence of Gueddy left us short of any creativity. Today he was Karankered.
First game in a while that I have not seen so I can't really disagree and call it a valid argument...however, I think when Colback and Yacob have been paired previously it has worked by freeing up Colback to push on and the passing game has improved as a result of Yacob being on the field. So I'm interested in opinions as to what the dynamic was today?

Bit harsh on Lolz IMO Darz again doing well.

Need a better CB pairing than Robz & Hefz though & soon.

Also Krankz get your hands out of your pockets, stand up straight & try & offer some positivity from the Judy rather than the dour hunched over, knuckle shuffler we have currently

Last edited:
Thought lolley was good to be fair. Frightening how reliant we are on him really! Carvalho was really poor I thought - set pieces were terrible and never beat the first man. Darikwa played well but again crossing was really poor, which is what I thought lost us the game.

I think we need to splash some cash on a winger in january. Cash hasn't hit the heights of last season, and we don't have a decent alternative.

We never seemed be anywhere near the second balls yesterday - everytime a ball went in to the box, they won the first header, but if it fell in the box, there was always a white shirt to bring the ball away

Appreciate he looks a threat but for instance he and Carvalho put in the same number of crosses (8), Carvalho 2 that reached their target, Lolley had 0 accurate ones. His actual end product was meh.

Yeah fair, wasn't much end product across the board last night. Hopefully just one day of those nights. While nobody in defence was at fault for the loss, I just wonder how much the back 4 chAnging unsettled the team yesterday.

For me, it was a bit of an uneasy performance - it didn't feel quite right from kick off. Pray to god we have fox or Dawson back for derby!

Had we won you would have argued that we just about deserved it but got away with one.

The fact we lost is disappointing but we weren’t at our best so all we can do is take it and move on.

Not great preparation for Direby but hopefully AK can have them fired up.

Pants 6 Steady, but his distribution was off again.
Darikwa 7 Pretty good, needs to improve his crossing though
Hefele 6 Needs someone quicker with him
Robinson 6 Kept drifting out to the left touchline.
Osborn 6
Colback 6 Did his job
Yacob 7 Always moves the ball on quickly.
Cash 6 Didn't do much, but Dias was a lot worse
Carvalho 5 Free kicks and corner were terrible
Lolley 7 Odd flashes, but not given much opportunity
Grabban 8 Did a lot of work in the first half. Created an open goal, but no one was there to tap it in.

Murphy 6 Had one header on target
Dias 4 Only has a negative impact. Keeps losing the ball.